Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

right then for a reload I would want 12114 or will short 12314 area

for the FTSE the 5426 area for reload

Should I be looking for specific time cycles too?/QUOTE]

no Martin. in my experience the market will always takes as long as it needs
when forming reversal patterns

Cheers MC.

I've had the ES on a target for 1228.56, the 38% retracement on the 1 hr chart. It got close with the low of 1229 at 13:20. Now it should go back to test the highs and hopefully go higher. Most strong trends on the hourly seem to retrace 38% before continuing the trend. Let's see if it does this today.

reckon Im going to be short in the not too distant 12190 would be about right and 5433/40

watching the DOW for exit on FTSE and DOW if the FTSE is to break pattern it will happen at 5432 for the mother of all signals

(y)You don't need to be told but this is a first rate thread - one of a very small number that adds to ones' trading knowledge. And ideal for the tyro if they are willing to put in time, practice and determination.

cant see the FTSE breaking pattern now, minimum it has to do tomorrow to fulfill pattern is 5491 and the DOW is 12190

it has pulled back to the absolute maximum allowed without breaking the uptrend

but the originating signal is now under pressure

we have to see a new higher low soon if the rally is to continue

more Dark Energy required
:)

now whats that song about candy from a baby ftse has 80 and dow has 100 from here
debating whether to short dow into new year as there is only 900 points to next target

(y)You don't need to be told but this is a first rate thread - one of a very small number that adds to ones' trading knowledge. And ideal for the tyro if they are willing to put in time, practice and determination.

Many thanks Neil. We've got a nice blend of scalpers and swingers and no trolls. Let's hope it continues.

A nice Z day as DC said with a close near the highs of the evening session. Will it be another Z tomorrow or a sell short day? I don't know if it is on a 4 or 5 day cycle, but there has to be some profit taking tomorrow some time.

For the US open this afternoon we got a sell off right from the open that seemed engineered to arrive at a low just prior to the homes data at 3pm, then a channel up and a channel down into the UK cash close. The ES retraced a perfect 50% of yesterdays up move before moving higher in to the close.

On a macro level with the Spanish and French bond yields dropping this week, and the ECB's 3 yr refi operation going well today, people might start believing that the euro will muddle through. Just in time for Santa.

5344 was tested overnight but did not break
and has given us an early bounce

9:30 UK GDP (i dont expect any real surprises)

and later on US Leading indicators

thats enough singing from the rather rotund soprano for me

exit and short 12150 and 5452

This is what I don't get about Taylor. Tuesday was a buy day. Yesterday was a Z day. So today should either be another Z day if we are on a 5 day cycle, or it should be a sell short day if we are on a 4.

If it's a Z, then it should be a low first. If it's an SS, then we should get a high first to sell into. But from my observations this looks like a one way day up to me. Which means we get a slow slog upwards with small candles and a slightly higher high every 20 to 30 minutes or so, with pullbacks usually not much greater than to the 10 EMA on the 5 min chart.

I may be early with my assumptions and the high has been made for the sell short to begin, but I really don't understand how to apply Taylor. I try to be simplistic about it and expect it to happen on demand. Let's see what the next hour gives us.

although I expect there may be a bit more upside price is good enough

no set target at the moment but FTSE circa 5340 would do and DOW 11721 area so looks like a hold for a day or two:LOL: