Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The dax and ftse are closed now right. Because the amount of buying and selling still going on is ridiculous.

Yeah, but thank god as I went short, caught on the ramp up and managed to get out with only a few scratches! Mother plucker!

I am just not understanding the DOW

Actually today I do not understand anything. I had so many positive signals to my system it should have been a big red flag to quit while i'm ahead. Time to add another couple of rules to my trading rule book!

Well Yellen must be about to say something really good. Or all this will come tumbling down. :whistling

Just for the record:
Today the ftse will climb, to touch at least the Daily SMA10 (6552).

Happy trading

Last edited:
challenge for dow is the opening high 387. are we back to market being contained by opening 60min high

Ukranian army enters disputed area to sort out the terrorists........nope, the local hardmen nick their 6 APV's and weapons......so much for that idea......:LOL:

Last edited:
"The Ukrainian troops appear to have been disarmed before being fed by pro-Russian militants at a cafe in Sloviansk and then put on a bus back to their home city of Dnipropetrovsk".........BBC.

Ukranian army enters disputed area to sort out the terrorists........nope, the local hardmen nick their 6 APV's and weapons......so much for that idea......:LOL:

Needed to see the whites of their eyes before putting my hard earned cash on the line.
It aint good, theyre proper hard b@stards.
I'm short Dow 16148.

Told you.
Proper hard b@stards. Just a look is enough. ;)

"The Ukrainian troops appear to have been disarmed before being fed by pro-Russian militants at a cafe in Sloviansk and then put on a bus back to their home city of Dnipropetrovsk".........BBC.

:LOL::LOL:

How do you explain to your commander that you were disarmed and sent back to base on a bus.........humiliation.....:p

when yellen stops and nothing wrong is said , if any qa is competed we should get a move higher.
dow 386

I've been holding that short for too long closed for -8.
The buying madness is back again....

I'd like some thoughts on my system please if you can humour a noobie

Using the 10 min and 5 min charts on the FTSE/DOW (DOW needs more testing and control over leverage)

Look out for a combination of:

Engulfing candle of min 5 points on FTSE and 10 points on DOW
MACD about to cross over
RSI around 60 or 20 region and turning in direction of trade
Stochastic around 70 or 30 and turning in direction of trade

Enter on break of engulfing candle (within 2 candles)
Stop 3 points above engulfing candle (5 on DOW)
Target - length of engulfing candle or if in direction of overall hourly trend or bouncing off a resistance/ support area let it run and move stop to b/e after bar length

I'd like some thoughts on my system please if you can humour a noobie

Using the 10 min and 5 min charts on the FTSE/DOW (DOW needs more testing and control over leverage)

Look out for a combination of:

Engulfing candle of min 5 points on FTSE and 10 points on DOW
MACD about to cross over
RSI around 60 or 20 region a.....................overall hourly trend or bouncing off a resistance/ support area let it run and move stop to b/e after bar length

have u checked out the free systems on trade2win?

Last edited: