dd.PNG
    48.7 KB · Views: 105
Dom today

Home > Comment > The Trader
Betting against the herd

DAX 30
FTSE 100
S&P 500

In a reversal of the pattern for much of this year, stocks are softening while gold is strengthening. I do not see equities coming off for that long, however. The move lower so far is nothing more than a very mild correction, and frankly, just the sort of thing that is needed in order to set up a more meaningful end-of-year rally.

As of now, spread bettors seem to be positioned against these outcoems, with a net short position in the S&P 500 and a net long position in gold. They are also leery of GBPUSD, despite its steady intraday uptrend. I await a turnaround in the indices, whereupon I will buy once more.

The DAX hasn’t so far triggered my re-buying advice by surging back through its 55-fourhourly EMA. It is currently not far off oversold levels on the same timeframe. A near-term snapback looks likely, although I won’t jump in straight away. I still expect a return to 9426.5.

DAY: Buy when the index thrusts back above its 55-fourhourly EMA.

POSITION: Buy on a crossover of the 21- and 55- EMAs.

The FTSE remains locked in a near-term downtrend and is not far above its 200-day moving average. Its last two big rallies in June and October began from not far below this line. However, I would not be jumping the gun here for now, even though I expect the next rally to target the bull-market highs at 6875.6.

DAY: Buy again when the 21- and 55-EMAs cross.

The S&P collapsed spectacularly and unexpectedly yesterday, taking it back to its 21-day EMA. This is just what is needed in order to set up a festive rally. The coming move higher should target 1845, as I have been arguing for some time. I see no evidence of a bigger topping process at work right now.

DAY: I await a rally back through the 55-fourhourly EMA to go long again.

POSITION: Exit any remaining longs for now.

Last edited:
Dom today

Home > Comment > The Trader
Betting against the herd

DAX 30
FTSE 100
S&P 500

In ...
The DAX hasn’t so far triggered my re-buying advice by surging back through its 55-fourhourly EMA. It is currently not far off oversold levels on the same timeframe. A near-term snapback looks likely, although I won’t jump in straight away. I still expect a return to 9426.5.

:clap: This time next year we'll be miwyonaires. :LOL:

dom's 21/55 ema system , just set up the macd using those settings, and it is very good, used a 5 ma smoothing