Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning all.
Oh no Oscars web site is down, who will I use for a contrarian view today.
Perhaps he's finally run off to Cuba with all the money hes made.
Anyhoo I did a search and found an old video of his http://www.dailymotion.com/futuresanalysts#video=x4j4bs
Now I thought it was just me being an old man reminiscing about the good old days when the Dow moved up and down through real people trading. But, I checked the charts for 2008 and nearly every day the Dow moved in a 300+ range !
Ahh those were the days, bread AND gravy. :)

Just checking the charts - anyone else have a single 38 point Down TICK on the dax just after 7am.
One single tick just to clear out the longs then back up 38 on the next tick.

good morning everyone

stating the obvious this market needs a catalyst to break downside momentum, weekly close is going to be ugly, any risks over the weekend?

good morning everyone

stating the obvious this market needs a catalyst to break downside momentum, weekly close is going to be ugly, any risks over the weekend?

from Dom yesterday

"Put simply, this is preparing the way for a later sleigh-ride. The Santa Claus rally in my understanding is a phenomenon belonging to the 52th trading week of the year. (And also to the 53rd in certain years where there is one.) The FTSE 100, for example, has produced an average return of 1.2 per cent in the 52nd week over the past 30 years. The index has risen 24 times out of 30."

from Dom yesterday

"Put simply, this is preparing the way for a later sleigh-ride. The Santa Claus rally in my understanding is a phenomenon belonging to the 52th trading week of the year. (And also to the 53rd in certain years where there is one.) The FTSE 100, for example, has produced an average return of 1.2 per cent in the 52nd week over the past 30 years. The index has risen 24 times out of 30."

My system generated a monthly sell signal for dow at 15,866. and for sp500 cash 1783

when people come out with these points of data, I think they are not properly eliminating the natural upward drift of the equity markets, if they adjust for that think they would come to different conclusions.

try to be short when market is below these levels.

Last edited:
from Dom yesterday

2 more weeks of downside then. :LOL: