Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• crowd.jpeg
    crowd.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
sp500dec fib level is 1681, we got to 1684.75

which is ftse 6533, we have hit 6526 on ftse. Vod preventing severe damage to ftse

some big orders crossed on FTSE100 futures, dec. 2950@6550 and 3000@6530

ftse 4 hour
a nice downtrend from 19 sept/last thursday
been flatlining since break of trend
but...about to break support
2mrcdmt.gif

sp500dec fib level is 1681, we got to 1684.75

which is ftse 6533, we have hit 6526 on ftse. Vod preventing severe damage to ftse

some big orders crossed on FTSE100 futures, dec. 2950@6550 and 3000@6530

ftse/dow went well today +35 strong followed by -26 weak followed by +20 strong as i type interrupted by a little weakness into the close.

Whether or not people are interested in pairs I hope they keep their eye on ftse's relative strength vs dow because you certainly get more bang for your buck being on the right one depending on your trade.

For example: between 11am and mid-day ftse dropped 34 but dow only 27. So if your were short ftse you'd have bagged 34x£2= £68 compared to 27x£1 = £27 had you chosen to short dow instead.

Conversely between 2pm and 3pm ftse dropped 9 and dow 45, so ftse short would have only been worth 9X£2 = £18 compared to dow short worth 45 x £1 = £45.

Pays to keep your eye on whether ftse is trading strong or weak regardless of which direction the markets going.

ftse/dow went well today +35 strong followed by -26 weak followed by +20 strong as i type interrupted by a little weakness into the close.

Whether or not people are interested in pairs I hope they keep their eye on ftse's relative strength vs dow because you certainly get more bang for your buck being on the right one depending on your trade.

For example: between 11am and mid-day ftse dropped 34 but dow only 27. So if your were short ftse you'd have bagged 34x£2= £68 compared to 27x£1 = £27 had you chosen to short dow instead.

Conversely between 2pm and 3pm ftse dropped 9 and dow 45, so ftse short would have only been worth 9X£2 = £18 compared to dow short worth 45 x £1 = £45.

Pays to keep your eye on whether ftse is trading strong or weak regardless of which direction the markets going.

6th sept ftse started to outperform dow. not sure what caused it. must be some sectoral imbalance between dow/ftse, worth some study

The Dow is down 100 points from 4.30 when the dax closed at 8665.
The dax is down 8 points since then.
These 2 have seriously de coupled or were in for a big upswing in the Dow tonight.

The Dow is down 100 points from 4.30 when the dax closed at 8665.
The dax is down 8 points since then.
These 2 have seriously de coupled or were in for a big upswing in the Dow tonight.

Oh by the way - I'm long Dow...
Had to wait 30 seconds to post that on the forum - and the dow went up 17 points....

A word of advice - if you do finish trading early - dont tell your wife / partner / significant other. No sooner had the words left my mouth than a list of jobs appeared in front of my nose. I swear she had been carrying them around with her for days.
So I've mowed the lawn and hoovered the house. Oh the glamorous life of a day trader.... :rolleyes:

Not wishing to spend another night with a losing open Dow position I've moved my stops to b/e +3. Lets see what happens now.

6th sept ftse started to outperform dow. not sure what caused it. must be some sectoral imbalance between dow/ftse, worth some study

As I've got it ftse seriously outperformed (strong) dow from 23 August to about 10/11 September (I was away) then seriously underperformed (weak) dow until 19 September, then seriously outperformed again from 20 September to date. That's about the way it always goes but the change is that the difference volatility is very high - as is the intraday volatility most days.

Morning all,
Just shorted the Dax at 8678 - it seemed the sensible thing to do. ;)

Morning Postman

Still looking for 8710/20 on the DAX.

Bit of month end and 1/4 end buying may take us there.

ASX looks set for a new 5 year high before month end.

Morning Postman
Still looking for 8710/20 on the DAX.
Bit of month end and 1/4 end buying may take us there.
ASX looks set for a new 5 year high before month end.

Yes, looking at the way the Dax is holding 8678 without recoiling, I think it may burst through this morning. Despite the Dow closing down around 450 points from its high, the Dax looks like it wants to reach a new one.

I am watching like a hawk.

good morning bustech and postman, morning everyone

1690 pivot level sp500dec

just checked where the dow is trading and its well above 15294

Last edited:
Yes, looking at the way the Dax is holding 8678 without recoiling, I think it may burst through this morning. Despite the Dow closing down around 450 points from its high, the Dax looks like it wants to reach a new one.

I am watching like a hawk.

There she blows.
I'm going to sit back and watch the Dax fireworks for a while before taking another position.
The ftse is set up to go back to 6650 :eek: