anyone here trade HSI?

rxis

Any Hang Seng traders? Ive begun trading it this week and man its crazy.

I day trade Hang Seng Index Futures from January onward using IB's trading platform. I've to say it's indeed very volatile and liquid. Yesterday, the HKFE just announced that there's an increase of initial margin per contract, maybe due to it's increasingly volatile and the cash index is breaking higher ground. Much more volatile is the HHI Futures, but its liquidity is thin as compared with HSIF.

anyone mind sharing what indicators and parameters they are using?

think one of the ways to trade HSI Futures is to use 1 min and 5 min candlesticks together with stochastics (slow) as confirming indicator. Having said that, I must admit that I'm still learning how to trade HSI Futures.

Ask yourself what you would do if you were someone who had the pwer to manipulate the market short term. also ask yourself what you would do if you were a colluding group of brokers with an aim to set off as many stops as possible and generate as much volume as possible. Note also that Index warrants can be 25% of the cash volume and they follow the futures. Think also what you would do if you had written warrants that were about to expire in the money requiring you to cover at a loss.

Does Hang Seng index future have similar or more volatiity than the Dax future? Does it inherit the same characteristics? Ie spikes, air pockets etc, wide range bar moves etc etc...

Anyone feel free to share som historical 5 min data on hang seng index? Prefer the future data iif possible..

Greatly appreciated
Flytrade

whats the tick value on HSIF and HHI instruments?

I'm presuming these markets open at 9am Tokyo time, which must presumably be around 1am UK time?

1 tick = 1 point = HK$50.00 (both HSI and HHI)

Hours: 09:45-12:30 (HKT)
14:30-16:15 (HKT)

Note that there's pre-opening sessions both before morning and afternoon opens.

"All trading will be terminated 15 minutes after Typhoon Signal No. 8 (or above) is hoisted" is a clause in the exchange regs that used to worry me! They also don't open for 'Black Rain', whatever that is. Weather forcast at http://www.worldweather.org/002/c00001.htm#, nice and warm this week, bit damp.

i am currently looking into this Hang Seng index...
does anyone know how to set up some market breath indicators for the HSI....tick, trin, add... or where i can get the information and try and set it/program it up myself?
how do you guys trade the hsi ? rely on "feel" and lagging indicators???

Hsi

i am currently looking into this Hang Seng index...
does anyone know how to set up some market breath indicators for the HSI....tick, trin, add... or where i can get the information and try and set it/program it up myself?
how do you guys trade the hsi ? rely on "feel" and lagging indicators???

Hi I am also looking into trading the HSI, have you any system to trade to.

There are no such internal indicators for hsi.

lealp, try to trade with the trend to reduce the risk of your shirt being ripped off your back. Unless you're an experienced trader have you considered something more orderly and safer like the nikkie or stw?

Hsi

There are no such internal indicators for hsi.

lealp, try to trade with the trend to reduce the risk of your shirt being ripped off your back. Unless you're an experienced trader have you considered something more orderly and safer like the nikkie or stw?

Thanks
Are ther any for the Nikkie or STW that I could try.

Hi all,
wonder which realtime feeds application is available for me to look at HSI futures live chart (ticks, mins, hour, etc)? I'm located in M'sia.

peto,
about the weather warnings:

Typhoon 8 signall, means we are going to get some big winds 60 - 110km/h and a lot of rain. people put up the barricades, if they haven't already and stay home, or are sent home from work.

and the black rain signall is 70mm of rain has fallen or is likely to fall so everyone blocks up the window and doors and stays home.

these are only really of concern duing the cyclone season, the summer months.
you can info on them here: Hong Kong Observatory