anyone heard of London Global Investments

It seems that pboyles is paying for training from a rival company.... This is starting to make more sense. Be careful who you listen to on here. I thought the attack on LGI was over the top. It's seems there is motive, See the bellow post -

This was recently posted on T2W (Aplify Trading)

Amplify Trading-my journey

Originally Posted by traderboi29 View Post
hey,

pboyles is actually a fellow trainee on the same intake as me.

your only trading a 1 lot during the first 4 months, so whether you make any money at the end really depends on how consistent you are.so if you make 1000 dollars at the end of the month then you will get 50% of that.

hope that helps.

TB
Hey pboyles, what is your opinion about the training? :smart:

Er you might want to check the date on that post, then come back and ask me what I think of paying for training, from you or anybody else.

Er you might want to check the date on that post, then come back and ask me what I think of paying for training, from you or anybody else.

For the understanding/education :smart: of other hopeful traders what are your opinions about paying for training? Having gone through the course you took did it help you in anyway in the recruitment process or were the only people laughing the course providers :devilish: ?

For the understanding/education :smart: of other hopeful traders what are your opinions about paying for training? Having gone through the course you took did it help you in anyway in the recruitment process or were the only people laughing the course providers :devilish: ?

The people that benefit most are the course providers, of that there is no doubt. The course I did was not advertised as a 'job' and I wasn't looking for a job, just to improve my trading but continue to trade on my own from home. Had I fallen for this LGI type pitch that you pay a fee and in a few months you'll get a £100,000 a year job then obviously I'd have been very disappointed.

If you take one of these courses from people who actually know something (and not everyone offering these courses necessarily knows how to trade) you may gain a bit from it. However it wont, on its own, make you profitable and you most certainly wont walk into a £100k job after it. In fact you'll probably end up looking for your old job back.

It would be interesting to hear the failure rate at a professional outfit that recruits top level graduates. I heard more than half of them fail, if thats the case then whats the failure rate at a less than professional outfit that offers a contract to anyone that applies?

The people that benefit most are the course providers, of that there is no doubt. The course I did was not advertised as a 'job' and I wasn't looking for a job, just to improve my trading but continue to trade on my own from home. Had I fallen for this LGI type pitch that you pay a fee and in a few months you'll get a £100,000 a year job then obviously I'd have been very disappointed.

If you take one of these courses from people who actually know something (and not everyone offering these courses necessarily knows how to trade) you may gain a bit from it. However it wont, on its own, make you profitable and you most certainly wont walk into a £100k job after it. In fact you'll probably end up looking for your old job back.

It would be interesting to hear the failure rate at a professional outfit that recruits top level graduates. I heard more than half of them fail, if thats the case then whats the failure rate at a less than professional outfit that offers a contract to anyone that applies?

Thank you Pboyles, for answering those questions. I agree there is a vast difference between training and being profitable. I hazard a guess that more than 90% of hopeful traders will fail as they lack that extra special edge; the successful trader is made from years of experience and his craft is more like an art (which you gradually learn over time) than book knowledge - it certainly not something you learn from a ponzi course in a few months.

So far we have been discussing a very questionable set up (London Global Investments, a limited company which is only a couple of months old and therefore with no history) which has been trying to flog its training course on forex trading through established employment agencies under the guise of being a legitimate employer but I wonder whether we are witnessing the emergence of a new scam, and that we are going to see more and more outfits telling similar stories to suckers in the currrent economy desperately looking for a job - if you have experienced something similar let us know.

So far we have been discussing a very questionable set up (London Global Investments, a limited company which is only a couple of months old and therefore with no history) which has been trying to flog its training course on forex trading through established employment agencies under the guise of being a legitimate employer but I wonder whether we are witnessing the emergence of a new scam, and that we are going to see more and more outfits telling similar stories to suckers in the currrent economy desperately looking for a job - if you have experienced something similar let us know.

I recall seeing one of them advertise a course as a job in the online Guardian, it wasnt LGI, it was either Knowledge to Action or Baghdady I think.

I recall seeing one of them advertise a course as a job in the online Guardian, it wasnt LGI, it was either Knowledge to Action or Baghdady I think.

Thanks for reminding me - now that you mention it I too recall Greg Secker of Knowledge to Action pushing something similar (I know of many people who have had their hands badly burnt and accounts decimated by his setup); I think with them it was hands on training but I cannot remember whether there was a salary being promised? Of course we must not forget Darren Winters who ran a "masters" course where you learnt s**** all!

Well it seems I have decided against doing the LGI training/job whatever it is. It also seems I don't know who has integrity on this forum and total transparent honesty. I am basically a normal guy wanting to change career, learn and get some knowledge, and start trading forex. I realise it takes a long time to become established and to acquire a method and stick to it.

I pretty much came to the conclusion that any company wanting money and paying no basic wage, with also no guarantees of a job, is relying on suckers to pay them.

Would it be like the model agency who makes the prospective model pay for their own portfolio? Top model agencies do not make their models pay for their portfolios.

Anyway, I kind of took on board what some of you said regarding LGI, but it seems (well according to the email I got back from LGI below)that some of you are doing training with a competitor.

LGI could be right or wrong about some of you, but what I've learnt is that how the hell do you know who to believe on these forums, as some people are full of ****.

The positive thing is though I get to keep my £5000. The downside is I am no further forward in getting myself a job in the city trading forex, and maybe changing my life.I am not interested in get rich quick and all that nonsense, I just want an exciting career with the chance to possibly earn decent money at the same time.

Any feedback would be welcome, as long as it is from the heart and genuinely honest facts or opinions.

LGI reply to me as follows:

That's very disappointing to hear. Regarding Trade 2 Win PBoyles, Arabianknights and Cityboys are from competitors of ours so their attacks are driven by their wish we do not succeed and that they are threatened by the quality of our teaching, infrastructure and the exam qualification which no other training program offers- we have had confirmation of the companies they work at. They are also anonymous people which says alot- people are very confident behind a screen!- also if they were successful traders they most definitely wouldn't have the time to sit on blogging forums for hours every day using very foul language- something I do not respect at all- I'm surprised you have taken their opinion into consideration.

In terms of hours you are taught we offer the most and in terms of cost we are the cheapest. The guys who are on board already are excelling week by week and its looking like we will take on 85% of them.

We also have some huge updates in terms of backing and developments in our advisory board- which will all be updated on our website very shortly. These include leading directors of hugely successful financial companies within the city, we will be growing massively with a huge increase in funding.

Any way all the best

LGI reply to me as follows:

That's very disappointing to hear. Regarding Trade 2 Win PBoyles, Arabianknights and Cityboys are from competitors of ours so their attacks are driven by their wish we do not succeed and that they are threatened by the quality of our teaching, infrastructure and the exam qualification which no other training program offers- we have had confirmation of the companies they work at. They are also anonymous people which says alot- people are very confident behind a screen!- also if they were successful traders they most definitely wouldn't have the time to sit on blogging forums for hours every day using very foul language- something I do not respect at all- I'm surprised you have taken their opinion into consideration.

In terms of hours you are taught we offer the most and in terms of cost we are the cheapest. The guys who are on board already are excelling week by week and its looking like we will take on 85% of them.

We also have some huge updates in terms of backing and developments in our advisory board- which will all be updated on our website very shortly. These include leading directors of hugely successful financial companies within the city, we will be growing massively with a huge increase in funding.

Any way all the best

There's going to be a few angry people when they read that. Let me put it this way. Do not pay a company for training, any company, whether that is LGI or any of their competitors. Whilst you may learn something they will not turn you into a successful trader and you will not walk into a trading job.

Now do you still think I work for a training company?

LGI could be right or wrong about some of you, but what I've learnt is that how the hell do you know who to believe on these forums, as some people are full of ****.

Would you believe the person who is trying to get 5k off you for a £500 qualification or the people that have nothing to gain? I realise we might have ruined your dream but we didnt stand to gain anything, unlike the idiots that were spamming T2W saying how great LGI were.

I for one am unrelated to any type of school or training facility and you will see that my evaluation of the trash outfit is quite pointed...

For them to have to mention the names of people is indicative of their lack of confidence in their ability.

As a suggestion. do a google for 'trading plan' and start to make one, a detailed plan including as much as you can as this could be the map to your success.... This business is not known for giving away secrets easily, you will have to read, make notes, study, make notes, test, make notes, research, make notes... until you start to see what you are interested in.

Examine some productive threads in here where trades are discussed each day, make notes as to what appeals to you.

Over time you will develop a 'nose' for what is good and what is less than good.

Get a charting platform, there are some free ones..... start to figure out what price bars are telling you.... learn about price bar patterns.....

There is a start.......

Be sure to post questions to find out why people make certain trades.....

Thanks a lot blaiserboy for your advice. Seriously means a lot as you took the time to give me some pointers.

It was very constructive and I will follow your advice and read, learn etc etc

Thanks dude from across the pond!!

I also mean no ill of anyone on this forum by what I said, I just hope companies like LGI don't get a lot of business.

Would you believe the person who is trying to get 5k off you for a £500 qualification or the people that have nothing to gain? I realise we might have ruined your dream but we didnt stand to gain anything, unlike the idiots that were spamming T2W saying how great LGI were.

Thats cool pboyles. You all basically said what I was thinking really. I think N Page is jktrader100 as well!!

Thanks a lot blaiserboy for your advice. Seriously means a lot as you took the time to give me some pointers.

It was very constructive and I will follow your advice and read, learn etc etc

Thanks dude from across the pond!!

I also mean no ill of anyone on this forum by what I said, I just hope companies like LGI don't get a lot of business.

There are far more knowledgeable people on this board, seek out their advice....

Regarding Trade 2 Win PBoyles, Arabianknights and Cityboys are from competitors of ours so their attacks are driven by their wish we do not succeed and that they are threatened by the quality of our teaching, infrastructure and the exam qualification which no other training program offers- we have had confirmation of the companies they work at.

Really? What a load of rubbish from LGI - I can honestly confirm that I don't work for a competitor - I would love to know with whom LGI claim I work. Pigletjojo, seriously there is a lot of very good advice on this forum; pay particular heed to what Blaiserboy and pboyles are telling you - it comes from the heart and not from the pocket unlike LGI ............

Last edited:
"In terms of hours you are taught we offer the most and in terms of cost we are the cheapest. The guys who are on board already are excelling week by week and its looking like we will take on 85% of them."

Ah yes, they gave me the "we take on 85% of our trainees" line at the interview as well - when i questioned them as to whether it was an actual job or training course - and assured me someone with my background would be taken on permanently when they sent me the offer....this of course was said without asking for any proof of who i was, without asking to see any of my qualifications, without taking up any references on me, and basically without knowing a thing about me.

and "In terms of hours you are taught we offer the most", what 2 hours a day for 6 weeks?!

as for the cost, yes the guy who claimed to called James told me the reason they wanted £5500 for someone to be taken on was because it cost them over £10,000 to put someone through their training :LOL: