anyone heard of London Global Investments

Sorry, but that IFTA exam is worthless.

The reason is simple. 95% of the books/seminars and the like teach traditional technical analysis, text book examples etc. But most traders struggle, or rather 10% generally make 90% of the available gains and the other 90% fight over the remaining balance of just 10%.

Why is this, because the 90% look at the markets from the traditional point of view, especially when it comes to TA. But the other 10% are doing things differently, and that's the real key to succussful trading - take something the masses are using and use it in different ways. No course will ever teach you that which is why I said the course is a waste of time, unless you want a simple introduction to technical analysis but then you can get that for £50 by buying 2-3 books and reading them in the bath or on the loo.

I agree in my opinion you can't learn to trade professionally from books or just with TA. That is why I have taken up this program as it is more to do with practical learning with proven traders. To be a complete trader you need to look at the bigger picture. Having the IFTA proves you know TA side of trading.

Having the IFTA proves you know TA side of trading.

No it doesn't because the crappy course won't teach anything to do with trading. All it will do is teach text book TA which is generally worthless. Plus, the student if he wants a real chance of success is now going to have to unlearn most of what he was taught on that course.

Put the curriculum of the course up here and I bet it reads like the Index to Edwards & Magee, ie

1. Trendlines - what are they and how to construct them
2. Chart Patterns - What are they and how to trade with them
3. Fib Analysis - The main ratios and how traders can use them

All of the above are nothing more than basic explanations, and if the course tells you how to use them then it will tell you the text book way which is normally always the worst trade to do.

Successful TA is a lot deeper than the text book examples and in some cases the best TA is the complete opposite of what the book shows you.

Remember who are opponents are - some of the most brilliant and competitive people on the planet. Do you think they're trading the markets using traditional TA taught on a standard course?

No it doesn't because the crappy course won't teach anything to do with trading. All it will do is teach text book TA which is generally worthless. Plus, the student if he wants a real chance of success is now going to have to unlearn most of what he was taught on that course.

Put the curriculum of the course up here and I bet it reads like the Index to Edwards & Magee, ie

All of the above are nothing more than basic explanations, and if the course tells you how to use them then it will tell you the text book way which is normally always the worst trade to do.

Successful TA is a lot deeper than the text book examples and in some cases the best TA is the complete opposite of what the book shows you.

Remember who are opponents are - some of the most brilliant and competitive people on the planet. Do you think they're trading the markets using traditional TA taught on a standard course?

You have to start somewhere! Thanks for the advice.

Ill let you know how I get on so far so good!

I agree - Trading is much more to do with mindset and discipline - You don't need to much in the way of indicators (indicators are not used by the professional trader )- you should be able to read the chart patterns and work on human emotion - anything proven stratergy works as long as you are consistent and can take losses and not get disturbed when you have a losing streak; by the way the STA is not generally recognised by savvy tradering houses and also the IFTA exam is not the same as the STA diploma!

I agree - Trading is much more to do with mindset and discipline - You don't need to much in the way of indicators (indicators are not used by the professional trader )- you should be able to read the chart patterns and work on human emotion - anything proven stratergy works as long as you are consistent and can take losses and not get disturbed when you have a losing streak; by the way the STA is not generally recognised by savvy tradering houses and also the IFTA exam is not the same as the STA diploma!

Think about it if you hire some one you would prefer they have STA diploma than not at least you are sure they know the topics and have passed the test. At LGI the STA diploma exam is included in the price.

Think about it if you hire some one you would prefer they have STA diploma than not at least you are sure they know the topics and have passed the test. At LGI the STA diploma exam is included in the price.

I think those in the know have told you several times that the diploma is not going to help you. LGI are telling you all this to make you feel like you're studying for a useful qualification which will pay you back on your initial investment. Anyhow you'll find out at the end of your course how much it's worth. Just don't fall for the 'advanced' course which you will no doubt be offered then.

So the course with LGI might lead to a decent job in the future?

Isnt that the whole reason why folks have an issue with them, they are advertising a job that isnt really a job, even you seem to just be using it as a stepping stone?

So the course with LGI might lead to a decent job in the future?

Isnt that the whole reason why folks have an issue with them, they are advertising a job that isnt really a job, even you seem to just be using it as a stepping stone?

That just about sums it up.

Sorry to join the party late, but I just wanted to post my experience with London Global Investments...

I saw an ad in the paper advertising for Trainee Forex Traders, the request for "strong academic background preferred but not essential" sounded dodgy to say the least, but I was in the process for applying for some other jobs, so I thought what the hey and sent my CV to them. Literally one minute after me clicking send, Natasha Page from LGI called me and said i was exactly the kind of person they were looking (despite the fact my background's got nothing to do with trading and I've no financial services experience), she invited me to come to an interview in a few days time and said hopefully they could arrange a start date then....YES, all she's done is look at my CV and she's already talking about start dates before they've even met me! She then proceeded to tell me about how they were realistically hoping to be London's busiest trading floor in less than a year....hmmm!!!

Partly because I wanted to know just what this company was about and partly because I had some interviews for proper jobs coming up I agreed to go to the interview. Their office was a few rooms rented in an office in Liverpool St, and the company appeared to about 8 people. I met James Davenport and Natasha, the interview last maybe 15 minutes if that, James went on about how he had over 500 people a day applying for these roles but i was exactly what they were looking for and if I was interested they'd take me on. He then went on about the STA diploma they were offering, saying it was a good start towards getting the CFA qualification and making a career in the city (hmmm!). I said I would think about it, and I would need to consider very carefully as I wasn't sure I wanted to leave my permanent job behind, I said I'd get back to them in a week or so and they said fine.

The very next day - BAM! Contract of employment e-mailed straight to me! Yes, I hadn't even agreed, had said I was a bit wary about the job and needed time to consider, but out of these 500 people a day they had applying they'd gone straight for me, someone with no relevant experience, who hadn't even said they wanted to work for them! Also worth noting was the £1000 non-refunable deposit they asked for as part of accepting the contract.

A few days later Natasha rang me, I said I didn't think the role was for me and I wanted to stick with my current career, she then tried to hard sell me the job, by suggesting I could maybe still do my current job and do the training with them in my free time or before work, I'd need to pay them the non-refunable £1000 asap though.....after careful consideration I declined!

Somehow I think I did the right thing....

Last edited:
Sorry to join the party late, but I just wanted to post my experience with London Global Investments...

I saw an ad in the paper advertising for Trainee Forex Traders, the request for "strong academic background preferred but not essential" sounded dodgy to say the least, but I was in the process for applying for some other jobs, so I thought what the hey and sent my CV to them. Literally one minute after me clicking send, Natasha Page from LGI called me and said i was exactly the kind of person they were looking (despite the fact my background's got nothing to do with trading and I've no financial services experience), she invited me to come to an interview in a few days time and said hopefully they could arrange a start date then....YES, all she's done is look at my CV and she's already talking about start dates before they've even met me! She then proceeded to tell me about how they were realistically hoping to be London's busiest trading floor in less than a year....hmmm!!!

Partly because I wanted to know just what this company was about and partly because I had some interviews for proper jobs coming up I agreed to go to the interview. Their office was a few rooms rented in an office in Liverpool St, and the company appeared to about 8 people. I met James Davenport and Natasha, then interview last maybe 15 minutes if that, James went on about how he had over 500 people a day applying for these roles but i was exactly what they were looking for and if I was interested they'd take me on. He then went on about the STA diploma they were offering, saying it was a good start towards getting the CFA qualification and making a career in the city (hmmm!). I said I would think about it, and I would need to consider very carefully as I wasn't sure I wanted to leave my permanent job behind, I said I'd get back to them in a week or so and they said fine.

The very next day - BAM! Contract of employment e-mailed straight to me! Yes, I hadn't even agreed, had said I was a bit wary about the job and needed time to consider, but out of these 500 people a day they had applying they'd gone straight for me, someone with no relevant experience, who hadn't even said they wanted to work for them! Although worth noting was the £1000 non-refunable deposit they asked for as part of accepting the contract.

A few days later Natasha rang me, I said I didn't think the role was for me and I wanted to stick with my current career, she then tried to hard sell me the job, by suggesting I could maybe still do my current job and do the training with them in my free time or before work, I'd need to pay them the non-refunable £1000 asap though.....after careful consideration I declined!

Somehow I think I did the right thing....

Interesting review, kind of how i had imagined it would be tbh. Tradesupport what was your experience of the interview process?

Did you have to take a bank statement? :whistling

Interesting review, kind of how i had imagined it would be tbh. Tradesupport what was your experience of the interview process?

Did you have to take a bank statement? :whistling

Wow what a con!
1) One has only to look at the Reed employment site where LGI is advertising extensively (there it is a featured job) and you get an inkling of the real number of people who are applying - James Davenport surely must have pulled the 500 applicants per day out from thin air as his figures don't match at all with those everyone can see on Reed - the real figure is more like 20-30 per week if that!
2) I have also looked into detail of the job at the LGI site and I have two more revelations.

a) It says "LGI courses do not guarantee successful completion of the STA Diploma exam. The successful completion of the STA Diploma exam will depend on the candidate's aptitude." Incidently I cannot see anywhere that LGI pays for your STA exam (in fact the site says course and exam fees apply - if the exam fees is included that is probably a verbal assurance and I would like to see that written in black and white.

b) The company downgrades your trading account immediately you have 3 losing trades - so your chances of making a living out trading forex with them may as well as go down the plug hole. Even very experienced forex traders can have a row of losing trades and often; surely if they only have winning trades at LGI then every professional forex trader on the planet would be well advised to enrol on to their training programme - call me a fool but somehow I cannot see those long queues forming outside the LGI offices.

So much speculation from you guys. Where do you find the time to sit on T2W constantly attacking companies and it seems not just LGI. It seems like any new company that starts up you attack. The truth is LGI is running an excellent development program with accreditation and a chance of a career. Of course it’s not guaranteed you will be successful that’s up to me to progress. I’m on this program and am extremely happy with the services and training. I feel you have to be trained by professional traders to gain the skill to trade. Before joining LGI I researched all the other prop firms and LGI are the only company offering accreditation leading to a STA Diploma. I do not agree that taking the exam is a waste of time. Anyone who says proving you knowledge with qualification is a waste of time is delusional.

Just my opinion I’m sure you will all write a million words of hate and abuse but frankly I don’t care.

Last edited:
Hi Arabiannights, I am new to all this and considering applying for the role with LGI.

How can you tell that this is bogus? From my small knowlege I see that several companies require you to put up your own cash at the beginning, they surely all cant be bogus.

So much speculation from you guys. Where do you find the time to sit on T2W constantly attacking companies and it seems not just LGI. It seems like any new company that starts up you attack. The truth is LGI is running an excellent development program with accreditation and a chance of a career. Of course it’s not guaranteed you will be successful that’s up to me to progress. I’m on this program and am extremely happy with the services and training. I feel you have to be trained by professional traders to gain the skill to trade. Before joining LGI I researched all the other prop firms and LGI are the only company offering accreditation leading to a STA Diploma. I do not agree that taking the exam is a waste of time. Anyone who says proving your knowledge with qualification is a waste of time is delusional.

Just my opinion I’m sure you will all write a million words of hate and abuse but frankly I don’t care.

Last edited:
Where do you find the time to sit on T2W constantly attacking companies and it seems not just LGI. It seems like any new company that starts up you attack.

These companies bring it on themselves. Firstly they spammed T2W with the usual 'has anyone heard of...' line. Then some other clown came on and said he had experience of them and was on the course, needless to say he got caught out as the first course hadnt even started. Then people really started to look into them more deeply and all sorts of inconsistencies appeared.

These guys are just marketers and academics with a few degrees and certificates to their name, if they knew how to trade they'd be trading, not selling crap courses to people.

Thank you for this post. It is one of the funniest things that I have ever read.

:D

So much speculation from you guys. Where do you find the time to sit on T2W constantly attacking companies and it seems not just LGI. It seems like any new company that starts up you attack. The truth is LGI is running an excellent development program with accreditation and a chance of a career. Of course it’s not guaranteed you will be successful that’s up to me to progress. I’m on this program and am extremely happy with the services and training. I feel you have to be trained by professional traders to gain the skill to trade. Before joining LGI I researched all the other prop firms and LGI are the only company offering accreditation leading to a STA Diploma. I do not agree that taking the exam is a waste of time. Anyone who says proving you knowledge with qualification is a waste of time is delusional.

Just my opinion I’m sure you will all write a million word of hate and abuse but frankly I don’t care.

It's not attacking companies, more warning prospective applicants of how dodgy this sounds, well done if you're enjoying the course, but I have a number of reservations about it, namely:

1 What kind of company advertises a job with potentially massive earnings looking for people who have "no experience" and "strong academic background preferred but not essential"? When a company actually says they're offering a £100K job to inexperienced thickos, it's dubious to say the least.
2 What kind of company get onto the subject of potential start dates with someone they've not even met yet and only spent a matter of seconds looking at the CV?
3 What I was told about 500 applicants a day clearly wasn't true.
4 What kind of company sends an employment contract to someone who hasn't even accepted the job?
5 Another thing James told me was they'd be 50 people starting in February and most of the places were already, but a poster in this thread claims he's one of only 12 on the course.
6 The contract they sent me looked like it was put together by an amateur in 10 minutes, a bit like their website, which was clearly thrown together and contains virtually no information about the company itself.
7 Why try to hard sell the contract to someone who isn't interested if there was the demand for places he was saying?
8 James told me the STA was a good start towards the CFA qualification, I'm not a trader and even I know the STA has absolutely nothing to do with the CFA.

The above, coupled with tradesupport's malarky, and the person who said he'd answer questions about the course and never did, all makes me want to tell people to be very wary about this course.

Yes, as PB rightly says the company bought all this crap on itself.

It, and it's people behind it should look in the mirror if it wants to blame anyone.

Also, having a pop on message boards is part of internet culture :)

So much speculation from you guys. Where do you find the time to sit on T2W constantly attacking companies and it seems not just LGI

Only takes about 30 secs, i can spare the time. its worth it if it saves a nice person 5k

The truth is LGI is running an excellent development program with accreditation and a chance of a career.

Thats speculation, stop being such a hypocrite. They havent been around long enough to prove otherwise.

They are advertising it as a job, its not a job, they are just selling, sell , sell , sell... if you're on it you are a mug who is easy to sell to and you will lose all your money in the markets as you are obviously about as savy as a one of those muppets that ships 10k to Nigeria to free up his dead uncles oil investments.

If they are that great why are they misrepresenting a training course as a job, why not just say its a training course. There isnt anything wrong with offering training courses after all. Surely you can see why, because its a sales and marketing approach.

Finally one last note, whats your CV like? Do you think you would be a good investment for a company to employ and make money off from day1, employees need to generate revenue for companies through various activities, how do they do it for LGI... LMAO they pay to be there, wtf are you going to put on your cv after working for them for 6 months when you apply for a proper role, that you are so useless you had to pay for a job?

Good post. :)(y)

Only takes about 30 secs, i can spare the time. its worth it if it saves a nice person 5k

Thats speculation, stop being such a hypocrite. They havent been around long enough to prove otherwise.

They are advertising it as a job, its not a job, they are just selling, sell , sell , sell... if you're on it you are a mug who is easy to sell to and you will lose all your money in the markets as you are obviously about as savy as a one of those muppets that ships 10k to Nigeria to free up his dead uncles oil investments.

If they are that great why are they misrepresenting a training course as a job, why not just say its a training course. There isnt anything wrong with offering training courses after all. Surely you can see why, because its a sales and marketing approach.

Finally one last note, whats your CV like? Do you think you would be a good investment for a company to employ and make money off from day1, employees need to generate revenue for companies through various activities, how do they do it for LGI... LMAO they pay to be there, wtf are you going to put on your cv after working for them for 6 months when you apply for a proper role, that you are so useless you had to pay for a job?