anyone heard of London Global Investments

Hey oli, I too is from Suffolk, Ipswich in fact. I've just posted re LGI have a read and let me know your thoughts. Thanx

I doubt it as they are a new outfit. I just dont wanna spunk my money away and get shafted. Just don't know whether to go friday or not. I've been studying babypips for free. Maybe I could carry on with that and then trade with the 5500 on my own.

I doubt it as they are a new outfit. I just dont wanna spunk my money away and get shafted. Just don't know whether to go friday or not. I've been studying babypips for free. Maybe I could carry on with that and then trade with the 5500 on my own.

Save your money.

Hey fellas. Iam due to go see this outfit LGI on friday. I sent Natasha Page an email to say I am concerned about lashing out money with no guarantee of a job. Also asked her who the directors are and said to her what if they take me on then as soon as I make a couple of losses f*** me off down the road. Also said about the corporation tax thing which I think pboyles mentioned. I've read all the posts I am taking on board what you all say. Anyway below is the reply this Natasha Page sent me. As you can see it doesn't answer any of my queries. You guys got any thoughts.

Sorry for the delay I have been without and internet connection all day L

If you are having these initial concerns I would suggest you come to our open evening on Thursday 17th February from 7pm at our offices.

We are using this opportunity to:
Hold mini seminars on the hour to cover what the job entails
The level of training you will receive within the development programme including the Technical and Fundamental Analysis sectors
An opportunity to meet and talk to the lecturers- and get an insight into their professional experience within the trading/ financial world
A chance to meet other employees we have chosen to take through our programme- you will be able to speak to them and get their opinion
A chance to talk to all the staff including the directors and major investors

Does this help you? Also have a good look at our website in which everything is covered there.

Let me know your thoughts
Natasha

Natasha Page
HR Manager
0207 065 7040
0207 785 9990 (Fax)

A little annoyed I won't be able to make it to their open day but if your free obviously I'd recommend going with prepared Q's. It is a very young company and was registered with Company House on the 15/12/2010 so I doubt anybody has finished the course, probably just started it.

I wouldn't think too hard about the avoidance of your questions in the email as she could just be a ditzy assistant. Pretty weird that a trading firm has lost its internet connection though...??

If you make it to the open day keep us posted(y)

Cheers

Tz

It obviously takes a while to be an accomplished trader and it is something I would love to do, so I am a bit peeved this company is dangling a carrot for the dreamers out there. What is the best way to learn fx and get a job at the same time?

The pain of my current sales job is extracting the life out of me

Mind you the pain of LGI could be worse. ****ers!!

A little annoyed I won't be able to make it to their open day but if your free obviously I'd recommend going with prepared Q's. It is a very young company and was registered with Company House on the 15/12/2010 so I doubt anybody has finished the course, probably just started it.

I wouldn't think too hard about the avoidance of your questions in the email as she could just be a ditzy assistant. Pretty weird that a trading firm has lost its internet connection though...??

If you make it to the open day keep us posted(y)

Cheers

Tz

If I go I will update you cheers tez

Hey oli, I too is from Suffolk, Ipswich in fact. I've just posted re LGI have a read and let me know your thoughts. Thanx

Hi, my honest thought is that i would just save my money and study, i dont think there is anything they could teach that isnt already available for free on the internet, learn about money management, probability and variance as well as everything to do with the market you are going to trade and get a plan together, if you're a complete beginner that will take a good year + whilst in parallel you can build a career with the day job and add to that 5k you will have saved in addition to the loss of earnings saved whilst being on the course.

For me the fact that they are using employment agencies to sell their training is pretty sly and exploitive of the desperation some people are going through finding a job, it would rule them out of being a company i would want anything to do with.

If I go I will update you cheers tez

Don't forget to ask the names of the Directors of the company. And their backgrounds.
They are the people who end up getting all your money, not the employees at the Open Day.
It is funny that the Directors are not listed anywhere on the website.

And how were they trading if the internet was down all day? Very suss.

Remember it's you that is interviewing them. Not the other way round. They are selling you a training course not offering you a job.

I met with them recently, I met Natasha and one of their directors, James Devonshire.
On reflection I believe they are genuine, but they are a young company, there lies the risk.

You're given targets to reach by the end of the six month contract that is offered to successful applicants. The targets are stated on the contract, it's up to the individual to research the targets and ascertain whether they're realistic or not.

The real key would be to find someone who was rejected by LGI, I was interviewed in the morning and offered a six month contract later that day. The training facilities were impressive, small intimate classes. However if they are not genuine then surely they would accept everyone who interviews or applies, making more money from trader training, rather than....just trading!

Also other, more established trading firms will at best offer 6 month training program to inexperience applicants, with targets to be reached and your 6 month contract will pay expenses only, travel costs and lunch.

6 months with no earnings or 5500 upfront with 3 months no earning and possibly unemployed afar 6 months.......Tis, a gamble either way!

I met with them recently, I met Natasha and one of their directors, James Devonshire.
On reflection I believe they are genuine, but they are a young company, there lies the risk.

You're given targets to reach by the end of the six month contract that is offered to successful applicants. The targets are stated on the contract, it's up to the individual to research the targets and ascertain whether they're realistic or not.

The real key would be to find someone who was rejected by LGI, I was interviewed in the morning and offered a six month contract later that day. The training facilities were impressive, small intimate classes. However if they are not genuine then surely they would accept everyone who interviews or applies, making more money from trader training, rather than....just trading!

Also other, more established trading firms will at best offer 6 month training program to inexperience applicants, with targets to be reached and your 6 month contract will pay expenses only, travel costs and lunch.

6 months with no earnings or 5500 upfront with 3 months no earning and possibly unemployed afar 6 months.......Tis, a gamble either way!

Same chap that runs this place? http://www.m-capitalinvestment.com/

Hello all,

Im a newbie on this forum, and wanted to know if anyone has heard of London Global Investments (http://www.londonglobalinvestments.com). is it/are they any good.

They are advertising for Trainee FX Traders through many recruitment agencies. They are offering a 6 month development and employment contract with basic pay, but you have to pay £5,000 for the STA diploma and Simulated Demo trading.

Any info would be much appreciated.

London Global Investments

Public Open Day -

NOTE UPDATE

Due to ensuring all our staff and lecturers are all attending we have moved the open evening to Tuesday 22nd February 2011 Commencing 7pm. Consisting of 30 min introductory seminars on the hour.

All Directors and Staff will be available for an introduction and consultation.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

We have also updated our website with more information for public review.

We have requested testimonials from our current employees on our development program. They will be uploaded on Friday for your review.

We look forward to greeting those attending on the open day to alleviate any concerns.

Kind regards,

The Directors.

If I pay you will you train me? but you must guarantee me a job!!!!!

Public Open Day -

NOTE UPDATE

Due to ensuring all our staff and lecturers are all attending we have moved the open evening to Tuesday 22nd February 2011 Commencing 7pm. Consisting of 30 min introductory seminars on the hour.

We have requested testimonials from our current employees on our development program. They will be uploaded on Friday for your review.

We look forward to greeting those attending on the open day to alleviate any concerns.

Kind regards,

The Directors.

Sure or post them up here, how did you find out about the course?

Public Open Day -

NOTE UPDATE

Kind regards,

The Directors.

To the Directors of London Global Investments Ltd

Please advise us who the Directors are for these two Companies
London Global Investments Ltd (Reg Number : 07470625)
London Academy of Trading Ltd (Reg Number: 07470630)

Do either of the above companies have FSA registration or approval?

You have NOT put your names on the official websites. All reputable companies show who the Directors are, because they are the people who are ultimately responsible for the company.

Also some background on each Director's business experience would also be welcomed, so that we know that we would not be paying money to a company that has Directors with shonky business histories.

We ALL look forward to your response.

Notice –

We have taken your comments in hand and for your reassurance we will be adding more information to the site regarding the Board of Directors and Staff.

Regarding FSA we are trading private company funds which means we do not need to be regulated by the FSA currently.

It is our plan to introduce clients year 3 after we have developed a team of sustained profitable traders in this market. We will be applying for FSA regulation at the end of this year.

Once again we will be happy to discuss these maters at our public open day on the 22nd of February.

Regards,

We have taken your comments in hand and for your reassurance we will be adding more information to the site regarding the Board of Directors and Staff.

If thats the case, and you are happy to disclose, why not just post the details here ?

what harm can it do ?

Anyone who's really interested will have spent their 2 pounds with companies house so its not as if the information isnt already in the public domain.