Anyone heard fo Trafigura?

Intro

Can anyone share experiences of Trafigura recruitment or eomployees or just as a firm in general?

Can anyone share experiences of Trafigura recruitment or eomployees or just as a firm in general?

Only saw their efinancialcareers ad. By the looks of it they are somewhat different to trading commodities at a bank, as they don't seem to trade commodity futures, but rather buy the commodities themsleves, store/relocate them in order to profit.

Also if you look at their graduate prgram business areas, there's no actual trading, most of it looks like bull**** admin/ops/accounting:

Business Areas

• Credit

The Credit Department actively ensures Trafigura can capitalise on trading and investment activities by protecting the group’s balance sheet in accordance with risk appetite as set by the Board.

• Operational Treasury

The Operational Treasury department ensures Trafigura’s short terms assets are properly recorded and accurately reported, It is also responsible to implement sufficient controls to ensure these assets are protected at all times.

• Corporate Funding

The Corporate Funding Department actively ensures Trafigura has access to maximum liquidity at a cost commensurate with its financial strength and prevailing market circumstances.

• Accounts

The Oil Accounting department is responsible for the preparation and review of the management and statutory financial statements on a timely and accurate basis, and for ensuring key controls within the business are adhered to.

• Deals Desk

We proactively report and monitor : Market exposure, PnL and Volumetric position for the oil group with accuracy and integrity providing the oil group with the base data used to control commercial activity.

• Operations/Contracts

Post deal, the operations team executes the physical contractual obligations of the trade for the best commercial advantage of the Company, whilst ensuring compliance with all regulations and legislation.

• Trade Finance

We are responsible for the financing of all Trafigura’s physical oil business, whilst developing banking lines, optimising costs, highlighting credit and commercial risks and proactively engaging key partners.

Also if you look at their graduate prgram business areas, there's no actual trading, most of it looks like bull**** admin/ops/accounting:

You want to get your facts straight, Trafiugra are huge in the trading of commodities both physical and paper, they are very big in oil and metal products.

The reason the advert looks as it is, is because they arent going to let someone go straight into a trading position, you have to work your way up.

Also trafigura are just as hard to get into as most investment banks, they get thousands of applicants and only choose the best as when it comes to commodities they are up there with the likes of Glencore

You want to get your facts straight, Trafiugra are huge in the trading of commodities both physical and paper, they are very big in oil and metal products.

The reason the advert looks as it is, is because they arent going to let someone go straight into a trading position, you have to work your way up.

Also trafigura are just as hard to get into as most investment banks, they get thousands of applicants and only choose the best as when it comes to commodities they are up there with the likes of Glencore

I said 'by the looks of it', never claimed it as a fact, and stand corrected. It just seems a bit odd that they do not mention trading as a future career option in the ad.

Hi guys, I don't want to highjack the thread. But places like Trafigura and some BB's obviously deal in the physical trading of commodities. I have read that these places offer 'asset optimisation' services. Could anyone offer any explanation of 'asset optimisation' with reference to commodities ? ....is it merely storing a commodity until there is a price increase and then sell? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

saw an internship opportunity to work for Trafigura a couple of weeks ago. Sent in my Cv, did my aptitude tests.

And today i received an unfortunate reply from them:

Thank you for completing the online testing.

With so many applications we have set the pass level extremely high, unfortunately you did not at this stage attain the minimum required result. We do however congratulate you in reaching this point as the level of applicants this year has been extremely high.

We wish you every success with your future career

Regards

And i thought i aced the verbal reasoning and the diagram tests. The maths one was ok, i managed to do 15/18. And they still consider me a fail lol.

saw an internship opportunity to work for Trafigura a couple of weeks ago. Sent in my Cv, did my aptitude tests.

And today i received an unfortunate reply from them:

Thank you for completing the online testing.

With so many applications we have set the pass level extremely high, unfortunately you did not at this stage attain the minimum required result. We do however congratulate you in reaching this point as the level of applicants this year has been extremely high.

We wish you every success with your future career

Regards

And i thought i aced the verbal reasoning and the diagram tests. The maths one was ok, i managed to do 15/18. And they still consider me a fail lol.

How do you know your test score? I've also applied to Trafigura