Anyone going to watch the leaders debate?

Furthermore, you should be able to vote for "none of the above".
I believe this is actually done in some places.

Yes yes and yes.

The right not to vote is just as important as the right to vote, and one should be able to record this as a deliberate decision.

ya if I dont vote ( and in fact never had), shall that mean I am discontent and fed up?
I can only say I have never felt like voting and will probably never vote. I have an updated health check and all is fine. :sleep:
I have right to vote but this right became liablility for me, since the beginning. I am so fed up with this **** that I have sort of accpted it, but can sell my vote for million dollars.
Are there any other people fed up with voting?

If we get a hung parliament, what's the effect on the markets, then?

If you don't vote, it will be translated as one of the following:
1) you object to all the available options
2) you couldn't be bothered cos you're a lazy feckless chav
3) you're a spacker who couldn't even put a simple cross in a box and don't deserve to vote

So you're taking a risk that your "message" won't get through.

Or you object to this particularly skewed and imperfect shyte electoral system that they pass off as a civilised democracy.

Or you object to voting for a bunch of common criminal trough snorting scumbags who want to control what you say, think, eat and f**king drink.

Thought I would throw in another couple of options which appear to be solid contenders for explaining why this country is so crap and not even worth caring tuppence about.

Let alone voting for.

It's probably more important to vote for the X Factor.

Last edited:
If we get a hung parliament, what's the effect on the markets, then?

If you don't vote, it will be translated as one of the following:
1) you object to all the available options
2) you couldn't be bothered cos you're a lazy feckless chav
3) you're a spacker who couldn't even put a simple cross in a box and don't deserve to vote

So you're taking a risk that your "message" won't get through.

Are you sure you didnt have chav bf in the past :) ?

hung parliament works in Italy I hear
I also hear it could also help to debate on important economic policies

Last edited:
hung parliament works in Italy I hear

Have you ever tried getting anything done in Italy?

Hung Parliament excellent for never-ending discussion of trivia while the rest of the world sails on. Seems to be what people want though.

Have you ever tried getting anything done in Italy?

Hung Parliament excellent for never-ending discussion of trivia while the rest of the world sails on. Seems to be what people want though.

until the wind changed

Every hung parliament in the UK lasted no more than 1 year before it collapsed and there was another election. Economically it will be disastrous for the UK in my view.

Paul

Good summary of the debate from here ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/16/leaders-tv-debate-clegg-brown-cameron)

Clegg: The other two are just liars and we want to do things differently.
Brown: The other two are just liars and we want to carry on doing the same.

Cameron: We are going to be tough on immigration because I once met a black man who is worried about it.
Clegg: We're going to be even tougher.

Brown: What's he doing here?
Cameron: I haven't a clue.

Clegg: We will have millions more policemen because I've met someone who has been burgled.
Cameron: We'll have even more.
Brown: No, you are going to cut them.
Clegg: They sound exactly the same.
Brown: Ha, ha. I'm going to kill you later.

Cameron: I'm going to keep Trident to nuke the Chinese.
Clegg: I can save billions by taxing Lord Ashcroft.
Brown: We have to carry on spending on the NHS because I met a cancer patient who said she was only alive thanks to me.

Alastair Stewart: Well, you three look half dead. Same time next week …

change it to republic then
more accountability and less spending on Windsor`s elite

change it to republic then
more accountability and less spending on Windsor`s elite

........ and there's me thinking we've already got a republic with Gordo, Mandy & Charlie Whelan running the Politburo !

........ and there's me thinking we've already got a republic with Gordo, Mandy & Charlie Whelan running the Politburo !

that is because the wind changed and there is nowhere to sail on anymore as well your oposition is weak an dodgy
I must say however that UK have been a very generous country in terms of social care comparing to continental Europe

Last edited:
Every hung parliament in the UK lasted no more than 1 year before it collapsed and there was another election. Economically it will be disastrous for the UK in my view.

Paul

That does seem to be the general consensus elsewhere: GBP will plummet, inflation will rocket, fuel prices will make current prices look like a bargain.

Slimy B@stard

Tries to make Brown look as if he is doing the wrong thing...typical tory anything for a photo-op but no substance behind all that talk...

if the polls are right lib dems might be the new govt?

Which polls ? The ones for people who watched this or for the whole country as there is a big difference.

Paul