Anybody Spreading?

buy 'em

Heard many of these spreaders got slaughtered by autospreaders and the manipulation going on in the orderbook. Any of you guys still making cash trading bund/bobl, bobl/schatz and bund/schatz? If so would you mind explaining further how you exactly trade these things? I currently just trade schatz outright but would like to get into spreading them if it is still a viable stratagy.

Thanks guys and good trading to you

Heard many of these spreaders got slaughtered by autospreaders and the manipulation going on in the orderbook. Any of you guys still making cash trading bund/bobl, bobl/schatz and bund/schatz? If so would you mind explaining further how you exactly trade these things? I currently just trade schatz outright but would like to get into spreading them if it is still a viable stratagy.

Thanks guys and good trading to you

Hi

Well, I've only just seen your question. I'm not trading the spread at the moment, but I have in the past (both using an autospreader and legging in and out manually). Obviously, if you're trading to gain only one or two ticks, you'll always be at a disadvantage compared to an autospreader.

However, that's not why I'm replying. At the moment, I'm looking whether there might be any merit in a more systematic approach to spreads. The idea is to identify temporary mispricings which are slighly larger than just one or two ticks, which I would expect to happen only once or twice a day - maybe even less frequently.

Another approach I'm looking at is moving away from the concept of "pure" spread trading by having a system that takes a view not only on the spread between, say, bund and bobl, but also a view on the direction of one of the instruments.

Anyone else got any experience with that or any opinions?

S

Bobl Schatz

Hi,

I used to trade all these contacts as outrights over at Marex. Interested in scalping the spread, probably more so the Bobl / Schatz spread. Would be interest to know if anyone is currently doing this and how they find it.

Also does anyone use the Buxl to spread with or use the contracts to trade the butterfly?