Any Integrity Left In T2W?

Well let's that theory, I'll send over the archived copy of that disgusting thread yesterday to a few decision makers at major sb and fx firms, perhaps if they boycott the site snarky will wake up and smell the Arabic I reckon if two of the female decision makers see that filth they'll instruct cougar media to pull their ads here on in..

Why would they care? Besides, what is T2W to do? They deleted the the thread as soon as they were aware of it, and banned the member who started it (who only started it in order to earn a ban). So what was wrong with their response?

Do you really think advertisers are going to stop using a website because that website responds swiftly to a thread it deems inappropriate by complete deletion followed by banning? What else do you think they should have done?

Advertisers use T2W because it attracts a large number of users who are new to the industry and I would imagine that they are very happy with the return they get from their investment.

i missed it too. though agreed, if it was all binned in a timely manner i fail to see the issue. very odd to be going on about swiftly deleted stuff in any case seems to me :confused:

swannys time of the month? :p

Well let's that theory, I'll send over the archived copy of that disgusting thread yesterday to a few decision makers at major sb and fx firms, perhaps if they boycott the site snarky will wake up and smell the Arabic I reckon if two of the female decision makers see that filth they'll instruct cougar media to pull their ads here on in..

Ah yes, retail forex and spreadbetting companies, the very epitome of integrity and social responsibility. They can proudly look down from their high moral ground and justly criticise the actions of others.

Ah yes, retail forex and spreadbetting companies, the very epitome of integrity and social responsibility. They can proudly look down from their high moral ground and justly criticise the actions of others.

:LOL:

Oh, come now, they're not that bad. I do wonder however whether they'd be too bothered about a few silly posts that were quickly deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
:LOL:

Oh, come now, they're not that bad. I do wonder however whether they'd be too bothered about a few silly posts that were quickly deleted.

I actually offered to delete my posts in the little row I had with Swanny last night after he sent me a PM explaining his situation, because whilst it doesn't matter to me how I'm perceived, it might matter to him how he is (given the new ventures he's exploring), and he made a few public threats which he might not want lying around. I also apologised to him (twice) but I've yet to hear anything back from him.

If you post something on the Internet or send someone a stupid e mail youd better accept that it's public and you can't put the genie back into the bottle. Online reputation management is big business now, however if people go shooting themselves in the foot there's not much that can be done.

If you post something on the Internet or send someone a stupid e mail youd better accept that it's public and you can't put the genie back into the bottle. Online reputation management is big business now, however if people go shooting themselves in the foot there's not much that can be done.

Well, I was just trying to help. If it was me I wouldn't threats that I had made to people in clear view on a forum.

Not to mention the fact that the very same one's complaining about it now were actively involved in either, the arguments themselves, fanning the flames, fuelling the fire, etc etc .

Then they moan and whinge on about staff, mods / volunteers not being on hand 24/7 to tidy up.

A bit like this thread really. ******s.

Guilty :eek: except I'm not complaining about it. The thread was removed promptly in my opinion. Thank goodness I was able to get in a few lulz before it disappeared :smart:

Peter

I've removed the paz/swanny personal stuff (and given kimo a holiday too) .

pb is right - as so often :) albeit it that he often gets the legal chop in his investigative conclusions - that you reap what you sow. If you keep jabbing at people you can expect a haymaker in return at some time and if that haymaker is a low blow then you can expect cries of "foul".

I must say I'm getting really fed-up with all the juvenile, behind the bike-sheds sniping, smut and worse. This is supposed to be an adult and civilised community of like-minded (trading) people, not a gang of smutty fourthformers.

Sorry if I sound like Mr Chips but I do wonder what gets into people. I suppose hare would say that it's just what T2W wants but, if that's the case, why is my finger so sore deleting the damn stuff.

jon

pb is right - as so often :) albeit it that he often gets the legal chop in his investigative conclusions - that you reap what you sow. If you keep jabbing at people you can expect a haymaker in return at some time and if that haymaker is a low blow the you can expect cries of "foul".

I must say I'm getting really fed-up with all the juvenile, behind the bike-sheds sniping, smut and worse. This is supposed to be an adult and civilised community of like-minded (trading) people, not a gang of smutty fourthformers.

Sorry if I sound like Mr Chips but I do wonder what gets into people. I suppose hare would say that it's just what T2W wants but, if that's the case, why is my finger so sore deleting the damn stuff.

jon

You're right Jon, obviously. Sorry.

I think I'll take a holiday too.

jon

A good decision so far as personal stuff is concerned. Normally I enjoy reading posts from them.(y)

Can't say anything about kimo - don't follow his posts that much.:whistling

n
No Jon, you don't. Valid comment.

While my own bad-boy stuff isn’t bad enough to get deleted these days, my useful:lulz posting quotient is probably among the lowest on here at the moment and certainly at a personal low.

So while many will take up a shout against the volume of non-trading related material, of which there is much, they perhaps need to examine their own levels signal:noise and quality of output. The attackers of this site and its management and policies, who I sincerely believe the majority of which are traders rather than pure bullsh!tters (though the latter also abound) could all perhaps have been doing a little more themselves to redress the perceived current imbalance.

To be sure, there are those with agendas, some less hidden than others, to denigrate, demoralise and distract the site from its initial, primary and current (as far as I am aware) principle of enabling traders of all levels and hues to talk with other traders of all levels and hues. The advertising keeps it ticking over and, if it becomes a massively viable commercial entity in the fullness of time, well so what? In what way does that really impact the general membership? It’s a non-issue and we can’t really blame vendors and advertisers for creating all the shedloads of boring posts about vendors and advertisers – can we?

I’m not making excuses for anyone, especially not myself, as to why those with the experience end up either not posting at all, many not even visiting any longer, of if they do post, the majority of their stuff is lulzy drivel and rarely anything usefully related to trading. I am among the chief offenders on this score. I suspect much of the reason is due to the ability to say what they feel needs to be said in any way different to that which they’ve already stated, numerous times in as many ways as they can. But unwilling to give up the task of helping others even though they be lost for sensible words. I’m sure ego also plays a part in continuing to post even when there’s really nothing to post about. T2w can easily become a proxy for having a real life when there is insufficient time to really get to grips with the latter during the trading day. The danger to personal integrity and personal mental equilibrium is when that proxy is utilised when there is neither reason nor excuse not to engage with real life, such as right now, on this beautifully sunny Sunday morning….

pb is right - as so often :) albeit it that he often gets the legal chop in his investigative conclusions - that you reap what you sow. If you keep jabbing at people you can expect a haymaker in return at some time and if that haymaker is a low blow then you can expect cries of "foul".

jon

....and deleted personal stuff again.

It's quite clear to me that neither swanny nor paz have clean hands in all this, albeit that some hands have been a lot more grubby than others. Let's draw a line.

I take my share of the blame in allowing the lulz and the lulzers to get out of hand but, as bramble says, it's you guys who do the posting - not me. If you want to see decent stuff then post some.

jon