Antivirus XP 2008 rogue anti-spyware

laptop1

Experienced member
Antivirus XP 2008 is a new rogue anti-spyware program that is advertised through Trojans and other malware(n). It is advertised in the form of fake security alerts and warnings on web sites that state you are infected with malware or are being attacked in some manner. I read this program can be installed without any intervention at all from you.

Its downloaded on my PC not sure how, but it did, any one know, how I can get rid of this, with good spyware remover.

Thanks
LT

Antivirus XP 2008

I got this one a couple of weeks ago. The same time I received 3 or 4 emails from 'You have a Hallmark card from a friend' or similar(n)
To get rid of it I went to Programs in Windows Explorer and opened it's program (can't remember the name now - it should stand out), Select All and then Delete.
That should give you a bit of breathing space to go online and search - don't buy anything, just read and take notes, some things work some don't. Then clean up the rest of your PC, like doing a regedit looking for Antivirus or 2008. I can't remember all the details now. Be careful in your registry :) Mine seems to be gone now so it can be done.
Best of luck.

Well stop clicking bra--busters.com then :LOL:

"Antivirus 2008 is usually promoted via a ZLOB/MediaAccess Codec installer found on adult websites"

Last edited:
Please note it states that the download is for detection only, you would have to pay for the removal software, I suspect you would not wish to do that. Just scroll further down for the instructions for it's manual hunting down and removal, they look comprehensive. I'm not an expert but as I said they look good to me and was meant to supplement your vid with added info on finding the blighter. As you can see from the link there are different variants for you to search for and delete from your drive.

Good hunting

It's main install is in the Program files, as a program. But you have to go in to Windows Explorer to delete it. You will see it will stop you from deleting it the conventional ways. I'm sorry I can't remember it's name - in my notes I just have 'av2008xp.exe' and 'AntivirusXP2008' written.

Cheers :)

Well stop clicking bra--busters.com then :LOL:

"Antivirus 2008 is usually promoted via a ZLOB/MediaAccess Codec installer found on adult websites"

I got ridd of that crap instantly. Piece of cake.

McQueen-The virus is contracted from adult websites?! Oh my goodness, would have never guessed that...:LOL:haha