Antimony and Adroit Resources Inc

TMKarr

In today's financial markets the uncertainty after the financial crisis is exacerbated by the turmoil in the Arab world, a weak dollar and various natural disasters. This has led many investors to commodities, especially central banks, with their free monetary policy. Currently we're in the very middle of a commodities supercycle. The price of almost all metals traded today is driven by huge amounts of speculation, as is often perceived uncomfortable for an investor with a relatively high level of risk aversion. There exists, however, a few commodities where user-demand actually outweighs supply, one of them is the unknown metal that goes under the name, Antimony.

Antimony is a rare metal used in plastics, for example, microelectronics and clothing due to the input of the fire-resistant and heat resistant properties it possesses. The market is very small, in 2010 total production was 187 000 tonnes. What is interesting is that around 90% of the total production existed in China. Something that is perhaps even more interesting is that China has put a cap on this year’s production, at 100 000 tonnes.
Hence status quo on the production side is changed, but the supply is likely to remain at the same level or increase because of the price insensitivity that exists. This means that there actually exists a profound shortage of Antimony in the world right now. The shortage is also reflected in the price that has almost quadrupled since 2009, from $ 4,000 to $ 16000 per tonne. A major question is: Why has China reduced its production so sharply? According to James Cross, Vice President of Adroit Resources, a company with the largest Antimony deposit outside China, China's sharp deceleration of output could be due to either exhausted deposits or that they want to "corner the market".

Will the price continue to rise because antimony is such a component in the production? Will we see a sharp increase in Chinese FDIs in the antimony market?
How will existing non-Chinese antimony producers react to the price increase?
One company that has really caught my attention during the past weeks is Adroit Resources, they have the largest (historic) deposit of antimony outside China. This deposit is located in Italy and they are the only player in Europe (if we disregard (Tri-star) a minor player in Turkey. Adroit has no debt and management owns large parts of the company, which reduces agency costs because their incentives are very much aligned with shareholders’ interests. Adroit Resources also has also large deposits of copper, zinc and gold on its Canadian, Red Vein property.
I have attached a link from a mining conference in London last week where a reporter from Money Week, Dominic Frisby, speaks very positively about antimony and Adroit. James Cross does also hold an extremely interesting presentation of the company. I’ve also enclosed an article in Money Week, where the same reporter discusses the antimony market.
The price of the Adroit Resources is currently 0.12 (market cap: $ 11m) which is extremely low given that only their Antimony deposits in Italy are "worth" $ 750 m. In Italy they have also found gold and are now launching a diamond-drilling program. If one includes their deposits in Canada and that European antimony is traded at a premium, the current valuation of Adroit is far too low.

I’ve also heard from very safe sources that MoneyWeek is publishing a buy-recommendation on Adroit Resources Inc sometime over the next two weeks. So my recommendation would be to keep buying until at least the level of the last private placement at $ 0,2. The management has a target level of around $ 2-3 in two years, which maybe is a bit enthusiastic. I will start realizing profits at $ 0,7-0,8 though. Keep in mind that the company has no debt and that they have strong financiers backing them up. Hopefully we could be looking at some serious Chinese acquisition attempt in a near future as well.

Does anyone hold Adroit stocks or know anything more about the company?

Video of the conference in London: http://www.viddler.com/player/5e651cb4/"/>
Link to article in MoneyWeek: http://www.moneyweek.com/home/investments/commodities/money-morning-commodities-antimony-05006

That's not what what I heard. II contacted my source in MoneyWeek and quite the reverse is the case. The bottom is dropping out of the Antimony market and all the directors of Adriot have already covered their tracks.

Doesn't look good.

Dump 'em while you still can.

TMKarr - the url for the MoneyWeek article you have posted was December last year. In your post above you were I presume talking about th eareticle that is about to be published and not the one back in December?

The one that is due to come out states how Titanium and Zinc Hydroxstannate have met the shortfall in supply of Antimony and large-scale production has only recently become viable against the rising Antimony price. Clearly, with increased demand in these cheaper alternatives they will continue to leech demand for Antimony and in so doing, make production quantitiies larger and therefore even cheaper.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of your information there Bramble. Talked to one of the largest owners of Adroit today actually. Only positive stuff have occurred since the last top at $ 0,29. The reason for the huge drop was the relentless shorting by canaccord who realized their profits after buying at 0,06, sold around 10m shares in three weeks. Adroit has found huge deposits of copper and zink (gold) on their Red Vein property in Ontario and the deposits of Antimony just have to be 43-101 verified and then the stock will skyrocket.
Could be looking at mining subsidies in Italy pretty soon aswell:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.059911d27372b434c8f8ffe2ab268861.681
And one last thing, MoneyWeek is still going to publish the article!

Last edited:
The reason why I posted the article from December was to demonstrate that Frisby was recommending to buy the stock at $0,25. After his article only positive information has been revealed and now the stock price is at $0,11, which itself could seem a bit strange for the uninformed. But as I mentioned in the last post large investors who wanted to realize profits and also earn commission sold huge amounts. But they are planning on going in now again.

How did I know this puff-piece b0ll0cks was going to be written by a first-time poster? Why don't you f*ck off back to whatever boiler shop you work for MKK?

. . . recommending to buy the stock at $0,25. After his article only positive information has been revealed and now the stock price is at $0,11, which itself could seem a bit strange for the uninformed . . .

Not really, the mining sector is notoriously leaky vis-a-vis advance knowledge of drilling test results

How did I know this puff-piece b0ll0cks was going to be written by a first-time poster? Why don't you f*ck off back to whatever boiler shop you work for MKK?

Not really, the mining sector is notoriously leaky vis-a-vis advance knowledge of drilling test results

It wasn't my intention to upset you guys. Just wanted to hear what you think about Adroit, chill. Btw it was TheBramble who started posting false information that I have to deny.

I find ADBs approach to this newbie poster rather abrupt and offensive.

Clearly, this guy is helping us to make informed decisions about this company that he has an interest in.

Whilst I hope he has already bought his shares, so that he doesnt end up paying too much, I am a little concerned that he may be trading on inside information, since he seems to have the ear of an Adroit director.

Nonetheless, I find TheBrambles polite, long-drawn out and playful approach far more entertaining than ADBs quick kill.
Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYakBQ3ggV4&feature=related

I find ADBs approach to this newbie poster rather abrupt and offensive.

Clearly, this guy is helping us to make informed decisions about this company that he has an interest in.

Whilst I hope he has already bought his shares, so that he doesnt end up paying too much, I am a little concerned that he may be trading on inside information, since he seems to have the ear of an Adroit director.

Nonetheless, I find TheBrambles polite, long-drawn out and playful approach far more entertaining than ADBs quick kill.
Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYakBQ3ggV4&feature=related

Clearly you have too much spare time to be a serious player. Never said anything about talking to a director of adroit. Only talked to an investor with ownership under 10 %, that doesn't qualify for insider trading last I checked.

Never said anything about talking to a director of adroit. Only talked to an investor with ownership under 10 %, that doesn't qualify for insider trading last I checked.
That rather underlines my point. If 'one of the largest owners of Adroit' is not on the board, what does that tell you about the holdings of those that are?

Precisely what I indicated. They've covered their tracks ahead of the slide.

You are unlikely to be the greater fool, but there won't be too many queuing so as I suggested, dump 'em while you can.

Clearly you have too much spare time to be a serious player. Never said anything about talking to a director of adroit. Only talked to an investor with ownership under 10 %, that doesn't qualify for insider trading last I checked.

Sir, I am deeply offended by your slur about me not being a serious player.

from your link from "Weakmoney":
http://www.moneyweek.com/home/investments/commodities/money-morning-commodities-antimony-05006

" ...There is a 50,000 tonne historic antimony resource there.
This still needs to be defined according to modern Canadian (43-101) regulatory standards. ..."

and
" ...Production is still several years away. The next stage is to define that resource according to modern standards. ...."

So, I can be a serious player AND I can buy your recommendation AND still have several years of time on my hands while the fruits of this offer ripen.

That's not what what I heard. II contacted my source in MoneyWeek and quite the reverse is the case. The bottom is dropping out of the Antimony market and all the directors of Adriot have already covered their tracks.

Doesn't look good.

Dump 'em while you still can.

Seems like the guys at antimonynet don't agree with your insinuation that the bottom is dropping out of the market. And what do you mean with the directors have already covered their tracks?

http://www.antimonynet.com/pub/m.php?id=6593

trendie - Canadian mining stocks have always been tremendously good value depending on where you are in the supply chain.

Seems like the guys at antimonynet don't agree with your insinuation that the bottom is dropping out of the market.

I know I'm on the right track when some talking-head or in-the-know source disagrees with me.

However, did you actually read fully the piece you're providing the link for to apparently support (?) your highly enthusiastic claims?

“Exporters reported that though few deals can be concluded at present price level…”

“Despite light activity and irregular sales…”

“Demand for antimony products was not strong in Russia recently and the former inventory has not been consumed due to few trading activities….”

Go back and read my earlier comments on why Antimony has topped.

And then read trendie's piece on why even if they hadn't, Adroit wouldn't be a stock of choice.

Good luck.

Bramble- Doesn't you find it strange that Dominic Frisby would totally change his opinion about Adroit in three weeks when nothing but positive information has been revealed? Because in the video, from the mining conference that I posted, he seems kind of delighted with adroit and now you are insinuating that he is going to write a sell-recommendation on the very same company.?

Last edited:
No, I doesn't find that strange at all, at all.

Do you know how things work? Really work?

Actually, I'm sure you do.

I've got nothing to add, so I'm out.

The one that is due to come out states how Titanium and Zinc Hydroxstannate have met the shortfall in supply of Antimony and large-scale production has only recently become viable against the rising Antimony price. Clearly, with increased demand in these cheaper alternatives they will continue to leech demand for Antimony and in so doing, make production quantitiies larger and therefore even cheaper.

Hehe, a shame that you couldn't answer my questions, legendary user and everything.
I'm still feeling extremely confident about Adroit though. After all Antimony is the only metal that possesses the attribute of expanding when chilled. And if you have any scientific proofs that some other metal (Zinc or Titanium) can substitute Antimony, then nobody have seen them. Do you really think that China would replace something that they own the majority of and that they use in their production?
But if this kinder-garden insinuation, against all odds, is true then Adroit is fully covered I assume, since they have large deposits of both Zinc and Titanium, haha.