Alan Rich

ChartMan said:
RagingCat.
Darren Winters and Alan Rich are from different planets. One inhabits this one, the other lives in the real world. Take your pick which is which.

Interesting thought: Who is the richer (Darren Winters or Alan Rich)?

Interesting thought: Who is the richer (Darren Winters or Alan Rich)?

You omitted to include by which activity. If trading then I have no doubt it is Alan, if you mean by questionnable activites then of course it is DW but you are not comparing like with like in my view.

Paul

ravenglass said:
Whilst I agree with you on this point (You never see top hedge fund manager offering courses or giving advice, they are too busy making money) you also have to consider: even if someone is not a great trader it does not mean that you can't learn from them or take advice from them.

I.E. If you wanted to learn about football who would you want as your teacher: Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinio none were footballers or could even play football but they have the greatest football minds!

Not quite true:-

Alex Ferguson:- " He started playing football at senior level with Queen's Park, an amateur side. He moved on to play for St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Rangers, Falkirk and Ayr United during a 14-year playing career as a hard-working striker, who was never selected to play for Scotland at national level. "

Arsene Wenger:- "He turned professional with Strasbourg in 1978 and won the French title a year after his debut. "

Jose Mourinho:- "After a modest playing career as a reserve team defender and midfielder completed a UEFA coaching course after studying in Britain."

I think Laurie Mcmenemy might not have been a player but there are very few football managers that haven't played to a high standard

Bigbusiness said:
Not quite true:-

Alex Ferguson:- " He started playing football at senior level with Queen's Park, an amateur side. He moved on to play for St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Rangers, Falkirk and Ayr United during a 14-year playing career as a hard-working striker, who was never selected to play for Scotland at national level. "

Arsene Wenger:- "He turned professional with Strasbourg in 1978 and won the French title a year after his debut. "

Jose Mourinho:- "After a modest playing career as a reserve team defender and midfielder completed a UEFA coaching course after studying in Britain."

I think Laurie Mcmenemy might not have been a player but there are very few football managers that haven't played to a high standard

No one could say that they were world class, just average like thousands of other players.

True, but they all manage big clubs and have more money to spend than most teams. I think the best manager also had the best goal scoring record and was the best player. He scored 251 goals in 274 games and played for England before his career was ended by damage to his cruciate ligaments at the age of 27.

Then he went on to take two relatively small clubs on a small budget to win the 1st division championship and then to win two successive European cups. Of course it was the one and only Brian Clough.

It has to be Cloughie the others aren't even close given the size of their pockets.

I think even I could have taken Man Utd to sucess given the money and facilities available.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
It has to be Cloughie the others aren't even close given the size of their pockets.

I think even I could have taken Man Utd to sucess given the money and facilities available.

JonnyT

But Fergie was almost kicked out of ManYoo in the early days when the team were really struggling. And Fergie's accomplishments with Aberdeen were done on a smaller budget than his Old Trafford wallet.

Stew

Fergie

ravenglass said:
Whilst I agree with you on this point (You never see top hedge fund manager offering courses or giving advice, they are too busy making money) you also have to consider: even if someone is not a great trader it does not mean that you can't learn from them or take advice from them.

I.E. If you wanted to learn about football who would you want as your teacher: Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinio none were footballers or could even play football but they have the greatest football minds!

I don't know about the others but Fergie was a succesfull player with Rangers and Aberdeen as a striker.

I was paid to kick a ball around aswell so Roman Abramovich I'm available in May ;o)

JonnyT

I KNOW THIS IS KINDA LATE, BUT.. if you're a beginner / newbie trader it is WELL WORTH spending £445 on a day with Alan because you will save yourself thousands of pounds from making the kind of mistakes most brokers and/or Market Makers want you to make early on so that they can make money from you!! Alan will teach you a basic, yet effective PLAN and give you direction on how to choose the right stocks and how to follow his strategies. As a new'ish trader myself, I would recommend going to Alan's 2 courses, then buy yourself a copy of "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", then join the Traders Class at clickevents.co.uk (you get free seminars and books etc). This should get you on the RIGHT track (In my Opinion).....

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun.

LEVEL11,
one of my New Years resoutions is that I promised myself I would attend one of Alans L2 course's,
I believe the initial cost of the "lesson" far out weights the potential loss, mistakes in trading can and are often costly, ( wish I had done it sooner) so thank you for your contribution and would recommend you read rich dad poor dad, cashflow quadrant, unless you already have ! I'm sure you'll enjoy it............Good Luck

LEVELII said:
I KNOW THIS IS KINDA LATE, BUT.. if you're a beginner / newbie trader it is WELL WORTH spending £445 on a day with Alan because you will save yourself thousands of pounds from making the kind of mistakes most brokers and/or Market Makers want you to make early on so that they can make money from you!! Alan will teach you a basic, yet effective PLAN and give you direction on how to choose the right stocks and how to follow his strategies. As a new'ish trader myself, I would recommend going to Alan's 2 courses, then buy yourself a copy of "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", then join the Traders Class at clickevents.co.uk (you get free seminars and books etc). This should get you on the RIGHT track (In my Opinion).....

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun.

Can you please explain in what way that "Brokers" in particular want you to lose money ? If you are referring to SB companies then fine but the same does not apply to brokers that I know of.

Paul

ChartMan said:
RagingCat.
Darren Winters and Alan Rich are from different planets. One inhabits this one, the other lives in the real world. Take your pick which is which.

Hang on, that can't be right - are you seeing that the real world is not on this planet? :eek:

Suddenly the secret conspiracy of Market Martians makes complete sense!

Does Alan offer a complete strategy ?

I have a feeling that Alan teaches you lot of useful things. You then have to come back and piece them together to create a complete strategy. Am I right ? The point I am trying to make is just Learning how Alan trades L2 is'nt enough to be profitable. All of the following and may be more is important in it's totality.

(1) How he scan stcks
(2) Strategy to enter
(3) Strategy to exit
(4) Risk management

If anyone has done Alan's course please share your feelings..

I haven't done Sandy's course. But it seems he presents a complete startegy as a part of the course.

Anyone who has done Alan or Sandy's course please let us know your thoughts..

Hi Victor123,

I originally left my repsonse back in 2006. I have since stopped trading due to lack of funds but can now better reflect on my experiences. Personally, I feel that I would be better suited to swing trading rather than day trading. Day trading on the NASDAQ is not for the faint hearted or cautious, it's fast paced and cut throat. If Sandy gives some advice and has experience of Swing trading then you may find he has a completely different strategy to Alan.

Alan does cover points 1 - 4 that you mention, although when I done the course these were specifically aimed at day trading on the NASDAQ. If you're going to Swing Trade over a few days or weeks then points 2 - 4 still have relevance to Alan's course, but you may find that Sandy has a different view. I have since read the Naked Trader by Robbie Burns and feel that my trading style better suits his kind of trading. So in conclusion, you will learn something from Alan, no doubt about that, but you may want to identify which style of trading your tutor is focused on?

Hope that helps?

Cheers,
LEVELII

LEVELII,

Your feedback definitely helps..I am more towards Swing trading although many would say one shouldn't hold overnight position in the current volatile market.

Will ask you if I have any more specific questions.

Thank you..

Regards,
victor123

many would say one shouldn't hold overnight position in the current volatile market.

This is not an issue if you use correct position sizing relative to market volatility.

Paul