Advice on becoming a broker

Tomchapman

Hello my name is Tom Chapman,

Im new and just have a few questions hoping to get some good feedback by people who know the business.

I am 18 and wanting to become a broker, I have taught myself about the business but I have not got an awful lot of qualifications but do have previous experience in sales will this hold me back? I am looking to put myself through cisi exams very soon to make myself more employable or should i gain a degree before i take this? I spoke to a recruitment consultant and he said a degree or grades would not compare to having passed cisi/fsa exams? I am not shy of hardwork and working my way to the top and im trying to get some experience paid or unpaid.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Either at [email protected] or posted via pm or reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance.
Tom Chapman

Email as many brokerages as you can find and send them your CV.

Most places still want a degree. Yes you will need an FSA exam but that can take 2 mths at most. Your young you will learn a lot going to university.

But if you want to skip the Uni then just get a job at a broker and work your way up, may be hard to do this as a lot will want proof of grades I have only heard of people getting in to brokerages with out degrees is cause their daddy knew someone