Advice needed...

Big Muz

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best places for me to sell my registration plate? The reg is P20FYT, so I'm looking for traders, investors etc.

I'm thinking of just going with one of the big dealers that advertise in The Sunday Times, but to be honest I'd rather not pay them the commision, and I reckon I'd be better off trying to sell it myself in a more 'targeted' fashion. (God I sound like I'm in marketing. Help me.)

I'm going to put an ad on T2W tomorrow but I wonder if there are any similar sites or publications where I could reach potential buyers? Thanks in advance.
By the way, great site all of you, extremely enlightening and stimulating. Nice one.:cheesy:

After about two minutes I eventually worked out what P20FYT was supposed to be (OK, had too much wine).

I would suggest a publication for blind dyslexic people...

I can't see any successful trader paying money for something that is so far off the correct spelling.

After about two minutes I eventually worked out what P20FYT was supposed to be (OK, had too much wine).

I can't have had enough wine then as I can't work out what it's supposed to be:eek:

:edit: Ah, is it supposed to be profit?!!

:edit2: Can't even spell profit properly myself.

Last edited:
Advertise on pistonheads.com in the classifieds. If you post it in the forum, you will be torn apart quicker than you can say, "But it reads 'profit'!!".

And before you think, "Damned keyboard warriors won't hurt me." what it will do is result in a lot of negativity towards your sale/reg plate (namely they'll take the **** like above) and anyone who might have considered it will take their money elsewhere. Negative marketing, see.

Cheers Shadowninja, I'll check that out. V good point about the 'negative marketing', though to be honest I did LOL at Vrothdar's comments. Nice one.
Also, a few points for any future flamers - My English is actually very good, I do realise that the spelling is not grammatically correct, but please bear in mind that this is the only phonetically correct spelling in the UK Registration format, and also that if it was spelt properly it would be worth 100k+. I'm not deluded enough to expect to find anyone stupid enough to pay that much. Cheers.

Last edited:
Well, good luck. I am sure someone will be interested.

:D at your recommend comment. :D