Advanced Structured Forex Trading

Punch said:
7ST,

I've been trading full time for 4 years. I use traditional pivots combined with unconventional pivots and a custom application that predicts the daily high and low. My daily existence is similar to a scientist working in his lab. I just do my own thing, research all day, and don't make much effort to reach out. I'm sure they're out there, but I don't know of anyone else who uses unconventional pivots, sorry.

My pivots are valid for a 24 hour window. If necessary, I could modify my calculations to produce pivots oriented around a 48 hour window, but I suspect the accuracy would decrease. Haven't tried it though.

I scan all six major pairs in the dollar block for strong setups, but I trade mainly EUR/USD and USD/JPY. If I am getting clean signals in the Euro and the Yen, then there is no need for me to look elsewhere because I am most in tune with these pairs.

Cool beans! I'm trying to get people oriented to what they are seeing, now. I realize that many have not seen anything like this before, so I'm trying to go slowly at first before picking-up speed and running fast. So, I'm dropping only those pieces of information right now that I think are relevant for “getting up to speed”.

If no one else jumps in with relevant questions and/or comments or showing that they understand (like you obviously do) then we will go ahead and start without any further participation. If people fall too far behind, then I’ll let somebody else get them up to speed. I’m trying to take the time now, so that I don’t have to go through that whole “repeating myself things” that tend to happen frequently from year to year.

In the past, I’ve only talked about this stuff – now people can actually see what I see on my screen for the first time in about 4 years. I did this once before with a small private group of 12 people and I actually emailed them a copy of my 2nd Generation Engine. This is of course, 3 Gens. ahead of that.

The 24 hour pivots would work the best, we can use those. You keep the code to yourself, just the output is all we need, just like my Panels, here. I don’t track any conventional wisdom and I’m not set-up for any of that. So, I’d just like to see how the traditional stuff stacks up. If you want, you see my Panel for this session – you can enter your 24 hour pivots now.

Start time was 0000GMT, 4:00pm pacific, 7:00pm eastern (my engine update time) - my post was 28 minutes late, as I needed to debug a script problem that had managed to get past me for a while. But, it will make no difference for the Day Trade and that is what I’m trying to compare, not the Initial Moves. There is no conventional Pivot structure that I have heard of that will be comparable to the Initial Move trades. So, my primary test would be for the Day Trade Signal and then the Swing Trade Signals – both of which you have time-frames for in the post above where I explain the time-lines, pips expected in each, etc.

Thanks!

I'll also try to post more Panel pics so you can get an idea of how it is flowing in real-time on a live tic datafeed.

7thSignalTrader said:
So, if you were sitting on the sidelines today because your system found the range to be too small, then that probably wont qualify for a comparison with a system that generates signals regardless of market width. However, if yours can generate a tradable signal every 24 hours, then that would be a "like" comparison - keeping apples to apples as the the normative comp.

When the market is under this much suppression, I know that I should expect about 50% performance on the session, which was pretty much on par for today. The draw was bit closer than I like to see but still within specs. So, on a session where many were sitting on the sidelines not participating, I am more than happy to go after 50% of normal production while keeping the cash flowing at the same time.

what are you saying with regards to dashboard offerings? that although it spits targets , discretionally you assume control and OVERIDE targets ? if so what made you take this decision and why bother with dashboard? it lags ? or code cannot deal with market dynamics ? are you not better just trading it , hence your reason to take scraps? In short whats the purpose of the dashboard ? are you working on something thats not required to extract money but on something that will prove it can be done. ?

fxmarkets said:
…what are you saying with regards to dashboard offerings?

I call it a new trading technology. There is nothing for sale as stated in my first post. This is a demonstration, certification (they way I like to do them), Beta test and comparison to conventional TA, all rolled into one thread.

fxmarkets said:
…that although it spits targets , discretionally you assume control and OVERIDE targets ? if so what made you take this decision and why bother with dashboard? it lags ? or code cannot deal with market dynamics ?

An understanding of Data Analysis might help - any book on the subject would do above or at the undergraduate level, but not much more than that is nec. for starters. In data exploration where patterns emerge/exist, there will always be anomalistic events occurring within otherwise fairly structured patterns. There is structure inside what appears to be total random chaos. This system sees certain patterns in market data (it sees structure). When it comes across data patterns that it deems anomalistic (broken structures), it makes the determination the treat such an event in a certain way, depending on a host of decision support variables pre-configured into the system. That is part of the design philosophy that I adopted a long time ago – that the system be as flexible as I could make it. Which is another reason why it took so long to build.

There are normative patterns in the data and associated normative responses available to the system. There are non-normative patterns in the data and therefore responses available to the system to handle those as well. Ultimately, I am the final override on the system as I have a level of consciousness both internal and external that the system does not have (yet). The reason I bother with the Dashboard is the same exact reason why a technical trader bothers with Ichimoku Clouds Formations, MACD, %R, Pivots, Stochs, Williams, Barnes, PF's, RSI, etc., etc., etc. You use technical analysis as a "tool" for decision support in your trading.

The Dashboard is my TA tool and I bother with it precisely for the same reason why so many were sitting on the sidelines using conventional TA during the last session and this session. It attempts to plot the course to the most probable solution for capturing a prescribed number of pips that keeps revenue flowing into my accounts on a 24 hour basis. I trade the market everyday outside of those days already mentioned. I have a very specific need to generate revenue ever single 24 hour period (minus the days already mentioned) including those periods where others see too narrow a market to trade. Where others see narrow markets, this system typically sees opportunity to keep the cash flow moving. It is all about cash flow in this business. If the cash is not flowing, progress is not being made.

In ever Major Corporation in the world, they run something called Business Intelligence Analysis in one form or another (it comes in many different flavors). Corporate level BI technology is used for "Decision Support", because it can give insight into corporate behavior at the operational level and strategic overlay level that would take a human being with a hand-held calculator ages to produce with the same level of specificity. So, as a tool, the Dashboard (which was modeled on the same Executive Information Systems concepts found in the corporate world) gives me better access to better decision making at a higher rate of efficiency, speed and precision at the outset of the initiation of the market session (the open).

It does this based on both kinds of data: normative and non-normative (as I call it). It does not tell the market where to go or what to do next. But, it does tell me what the highest probability for a move in the direction "X" or "Y" will happen "next" within the median range of structured data pattern formations over time. The system knows what the range of possible normative pattern behavior. Anything it detects outside of that domain is classified as non-normative behavior, until the system "learns" otherwise and is able to plot a solution for navigating such behavior.

fxmarkets said:
...are you not better just trading it , hence your reason to take scraps?

That is what just happened – I traded it live here online. What generated the scraps – is the better question. The scraps were only available to me because the system put me in the position that it thought was "normative". Without the systems ability to detect where the optimal next move would be, I too would have been on the sidelines waiting for a trend to continue. This system does not trade trends. The act of taking the scraps is separate from the process of generating those scraps. My standard protocol is to exit all Day Trades that are in profit within the limits of the time frame of the trade type - 24 hours for “Day” trades as stated in my earlier post. Beyond that, I'm not day trading anymore, I would be Swing Trading.

Since the systems Swing Trade signal was status indicator was "Off", that precluded me from rolling into Swing Mode, which I do often when Day Trade performance is weak and the Swing Trade signal matches the Day Trade signal. So, the taking of the scraps is pure protocol and founded in discipline. The trade was over - so, I took what the market offered within the parameters of what the system projected up to 40+ pips that last session - it got less than that but it did so within specs. So, I traded the system the way it was meant to be traded in tight markets.

fxmarkets said:
...In short whats the purpose of the dashboard ? are you working on something thats not required to extract money but on something that will prove it can be done. ?

Override, should be a word the exits in every system developer thesaurus. I reserve the right to override any system I build as a matter of standard operational protocol. A pilot of a Boeing 747 can override the auto-pilot system onboard even though the avionics is fully capable of landing the aircraft and applying the breaks for the flight crew without human intervention whatsoever. So, why have highly paid, highly skilled and highly trained pilots in the flight deck?

The override is not a matter of trust - it is a matter of common sense and practicality. As a pilot and as a trader, I have access to external inputs that the system (aircraft) will never have and can process them "intuitively" whereas a machine won't. I can program a certain amount of "intuitive" trait into the machine, but ultimately, I want to be the final arbiter of what gets ruled in and ruled out.

Now, it is very important to understand that the 747 example is an example of operations within a normative environment. Take a fly-by-wire fighter, for example. When the pilot enters uncontrollable flight – a departure from normative flight as defined by the aircraft’s maximum handling characteristics – then the pilot of that aircraft (a fly-by-wire recovery system) is actually trained to LET GO of the aircraft (so to speak) and allow the onboard computers to manage the return to normative flight.

Now, I don’t have that kind of trading system technology! (yet) ;) One day – maybe…hopefully…who knows… :)

To answer your other question, I trade many real accounts, but right now (as my first post said) I'm certifying, Beta testing, demonstrating, and comparing at this time. I’ve been trading successfully for years.

Dashboard Panel: Feb 13 - Feb 14 (10:18pm eastern update)

So, for some clarification and focus on what I'm doing right now - you can take a look at the Panel and see that this time (unlike the previous Panel) the Initial Move Signal status light was "On". This releases the Initial Move Short from the Open as seen in this case.

Thus far, the Low is $1.1891 with a projected Initial Move of $1.1887 for 22 pips (near the top end of the system's Initial Move average pip expectation). For an Initial Move, this is on the larger side of the spectrum.

One of the things that I'm doing right now is trying to locate the optimal magnitude for the Initial Move. In fact, out of all of the new changes made to the system within the past 2 months, this is one of the most critical items on my plate. It is such, because as you can see, whenever the Initial Move is "On", the Day Trade is "Off", until the Initial Move has completed its run. At one (1) away from the Initial Move Limit price, the Day Trade will initiate and its light will come "On" making it the active trade in sequence. So, I'm conducting certification tests to determine whether or not the Initial Move trade will remain in the system. I had it in once, took it out along time ago and recently brought it back with improvements - those improvements are now being certified with these tests.

My goal is to generate revenue into my accounts every 24 hours to rapidly grow my capital base to meet my goals and objectives financially. Therefore, it becomes critical to maximize revenue generation where ever and whenever possible within the boundaries of what this system defines as normative price action. So, tweaking the parameters for the Initial Move Limit will at the same time tweak the Day Trade Entry location as well as they are tied together.

If I cannot get the Initial Move certified, it will be removed from the system until such time I am able to find the right balance of IM signal that is consistent enough to be used in this system. I require a high degree of accuracy, so not every concept makes the final cut all the time. There are many other trade types that I could make that are good trades, but they don't carry with them the level of precision that this system requires in its 5th generation of code. So, that is primarily what I'm working on right now.

Secondarily, I'm working at the Beta components in the Panel called Blades and Apex trades. They are below the primary trade profiles and are now all "Off" for this session. They are designed to activate only when the primary signal cluster (top left 3 arrows) is in a certain configuration. When that happens, the Blades and Apex trade profiles that are not "Off” will turn "On" in their proper sequence.

Blades are used when the system projects a combination of volatility and channel configurations in market data and when the primary trade configuration is weak where the Day Trade signal runs solo opposing both the Swing and the Outlook Trade signals. When this happens, both Blades will activate.

I call them Blades, because I see them as cutting through market noise but only to a degree that I call the Apex. The Apex can either be positive (up-side) or negative (down-side). A Long Apex Trade comes off of a negative Apex (the price went down to get there). A Short Apex Trade comes off of a positive Apex (the price went up to get there). At the Apex, the Blade that is in-the-money gets Cut (a "Cut" signal will appear next to that Blade Trade) while the Blade that is out-of-the-money is allows to run back to the center of the trade structure with the corresponding Apex trade in the lead position.

This is not plucked from air. It is all based on underlying structural price behavior that the system is detecting, measuring and generating navigational output for. So, you will only see Blades and Apex Trades under certain special conditions.

This component is in BETA and has not yet moved into the Certification phase, as I most likely will have more core level coding to do on this particular system module.

There are also other items in their final days of Certification as well the: Weather Radar and Channel Indicator, are just about done with their Certifications as I am very well pleased with those additions/changes to the system. Everything else in the system has been in Production for the past 8 months or so. I've been in Production trading (real accounts) for more than 6 months and this is the first time in a while that I've stepped back into Beta or Certification on anything.

It is a big and sophisticated system that took 6 years to get to this point and there are literally thousands moving parts with "i's" to dot and "t's" to cross and it took me years to cross and dot them.

For the newbie traders out there, this is what you can expect to have to go through if you are serious about building a truly new piece of trading technology for yourselves using an unconventional approach to design. New things like this don't come easily and they are not given birth to overnight. But, what you see here is proof positive that new things in this industry can be done and are being done every day by creative people with the right degree of motivation and purpose.

I won't be here for long, but I hope that through my efforts, newbies will find new inspiration to take on that research project that they might have been putting off for quite sometime since they got involved with the industry. It is not easy, I know this design makes it looks that way, but it is not. It takes a ton of hard work, commitment, dedication and skills development.

Newbies: There are repeatable patterns in the market that can be harnessed and used on a daily basis. You just have to go out there and build the right "tools" that will find them! You also need to clearly define what type of trader you want to be as that should drive your research.

I honestly don't look at "new" trade technology development as being any different than obtaining your Ph.D. and then going out and applying it in the real world. No different at all. New trade technology development is not the norm in this industry, far from it. And, that is what makes it so unique, so cool and most importantly (if done right) so powerful.

For the newbies with ears to hear and the eyes to see.

Attachments

• Feb 13 through Feb 14.jpg
    Feb 13 through Feb 14.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 413
If the "news" does not push the EURUSD into a non-normative data pattern, the spring Long will be rather nice. I really do like the fact that the system has extended its Expectation for pips up to the low 70's fro the 40's of last session.

This is a nice indication that the system is "thinking" the same way "I" would be if I were trading this manually (minus the new of course) and minus the ability to calculate all the variables at the same speed and with the same precision (human error is a real pain). This is also an awesome example of why and how "black box" systems (if designed properly) can be extensions of the brain instead of a hindrance to it. Computers are supposed to be “aids” not blocks or hurdles.

The beauty is that the Swing Trade signal wants to unlock to the Long side, but is still being held in check (for now). Everything seems almost perfectly balanced at this point. Short Bias is winding down and less forceful as it was last session coming off of Friday’s news driven plunge. The Inside Channel Short indicator turned from an “Outside” indication last session, showing a pivot unlocking itself. Two back-to-back Long Day Trade signals with expanding pip Expectation from Monday’s session and a Swing Trade pointing north but just not ready to fully release – coming off of an Outlook signal that is forcefully Short and now in the 93% range from the peak near $1.2325.

A beautifully balanced symphony as this point. For me, it is like listening to a well tuned V-8 churn at about 7,000 rpm in wide open throttle - music to my ears. :)

Or, peace, tranquility and calm before the storm. Whichever metaphor is used, she’s beautiful either way.

The first ever BenSpeak should prove rather interesting.

I will be following this thread with great deal of interest.

SD
:cheesy:

7thSignalTrader said:
Hello and Welcome All!

This is an Advanced Trading Concepts Thread for Structured Trades.

Cheers, 7th, for your response... I lost sight of the fact that its a decision support tool.

Welcome aboard Soccer!

You know, the news is really making this trade much harder than it has to be - lol! :LOL:

This is supposed to be a slam dunk at over 74% Day Trade signal Probability for at least a 90% run to Expected. But, hey - I don't make the news. I just try to avoid the stuff like a bowl of really bad soup. The only reason I'm posting the Panel now, is because I want everyone to see the system's performance under adverse news conditions which is exactly what this will turn out to be.

What I'd really like to see is the news vector (which will be anti-EUR) bounce off of this Day Trade signal like a flea off wall at 100 miles an hour - splat.

Most of the time, the signals are so strong that the system seems to "find a way" to at least break-even on adverse news. A gut check for sure, but she's seen plenty of these in the past.

This is turning out to be a pretty good show-down! Pretty good signal (could be stronger with some Long Bias and some Long Channel indication, however) and some adverse new on the horizon.

This is like mixing matter and anti-matter. Don't worry - I don't trade news in Production Mode, so I rarely have the opportunity to get this excited before a move. In truth, the only time I get excited anymore about this stuff is when I see the system “beat” the adverse news. That really gets me wired. Anyway, it has not happened yet – so, we'll see! Goodnight….

:arrowd:

or

:arrowu:

or

:arrowr:

Hi 7th,

I'm glad to see you are continuing your certification process here on T2W. Can't wait to read more of your ground braking system!

Regards,

Chuck

7thSignalTrader said:
The 24 hour pivots would work the best, we can use those. You keep the code to yourself, just the output is all we need, just like my Panels, here. I don’t track any conventional wisdom and I’m not set-up for any of that. So, I’d just like to see how the traditional stuff stacks up. If you want, you see my Panel for this session – you can enter your 24 hour pivots now.

ok, here is the traditional stuff for today's session in the EUR/USD:

Resistance: 1.1922 and 1.1940
Pivot point: 1.1899
Support: 1.1881 and 1.1858

As you can see, today is a pretty good day for pivots as they have called the high and low so far.

Last edited:
7thSignalTrader said:
So, if you were sitting on the sidelines today because your system found the range to be too small, then that probably wont qualify for a comparison with a system that generates signals regardless of market width. However, if yours can generate a tradable signal every 24 hours, then that would be a "like" comparison - keeping apples to apples as the the normative comp.
I wasn't sitting on the sidelines, but found no basis (yesterday) under which to initiate a trade. I'm not really a 'go for scraps' sort of trader.

However, apart from keeping me out of low profit days and loss days, when it does give levels that provide tradeable opportunities, they are positions worth taking.

I can't guarantee a trade every 24-hrs on each pair regardless of market conditions so I'll bow out. But will be watching with keen interest, once again, in the way this develops.

Feb 13-14 Dashboard Update at 1:01pm Eastern:

Very interesting indeed. I don’t trade news as stated previously several times – I leave that game up to those who do a much better job of it then me. However, I always pay very special attention to how the system performs under scenarios where known market moving news was at play. Here's the way the Panel looks right now (see attached pic). A few points stand out clearly and I’ll delineate them here, now.

1) Initial Move (Certification)

My first concern yesterday was that the IM would be too deep at 22 pips Expectation. I still don’t know whether or not the news gave it a boost or not. One thing I do know is that with the news, it struck its target for 22 pips. So, I cannot establish anything worthwhile for certification knowing that market moving news was at play in the same direction as the IM signal. So, for the IM no data will be captured for certification purposes and I will discount the pips accordingly – or remove them from the certification process and make today’s IM performance null.

2) Day Trade Signal (Production)

Stopped Out for a 2 pip loss. This makes me extremely happy. Why? Because if I had made the error of breaking my protocols and trading with known market moving news in play, my gain on the IM would have been 22 pips and my loss on the Day Trade signal would have been 25 pips for a total net loss of 2 pips on adverse news which would give me good reason to walk outside into the backyard and do back flips all day long. A two pip failure beats a 70, 80, 90 pip loss under adverse news conditions any day of the week. I would wear the 2 pips like a badge of honor. (Newbies: you will learn over the years that having a good Defense, can sometimes be just as rewarding as having a good Offense in this business).

Another nice fringe benefit of the Day Trade profile can be noticed by looking at the Dashboard Panel posted BEFORE the move and this Panel here AFTER the move. What you notice is the system gradually pushing down the Stop level to $1.1860 from its original location a few pips higher. Now, notice the actual Low for today’s session. Just one pip away. My old maximum Stop magnitudes were 50 pips flat. I would use a standard 50 pip Stop on all Day Trade signals. I’ve recently reduced the standard Stop magnitude in half to 25 pips given the better performance of the system over the past 280 trades which is my accuracy rating period. If I continue to see data that supports it, I will move the standard Stop magnitude up to 27 or 30 and start capturing some of these 1 and 2 pip near misses. The precision of this system can be scary at times. The system made the dynamic adjustment in real-time as you can see between both Panels, but it ended up being 2 pips away from perfection (enough to clear the actual low).

The move from the Day Trade Entry point at $1.1885 up to the current close at $1.1904 would have provided a small 19 pip capture in adverse news conditions AFTER a 22 pip IM capture. So, aside from the fact that I don’t trade news, it is still nice to see the system perform this way under mildly adverse news conditions – this news was not earth shattering by any measure.

3) Advanced Blade & Apex Trades (Beta)

I’ve had a long standing theory about Blades and Apex trades. These components are not new ideas for me (I used them in another version of the system, but in a different way a couple of years ago). However, the way they would be implemented in this system, is very new and that is why they are in Beta.

Currently, I’m using the Blade/Apex trade strategy ONLY when the three (3) primary trade signals (shown on the Panel with big arrows) are in a certain configuration (when the Day Trade signal is “solo” opposing the Swing and Outlook). When that happens, the advanced trade profiles will light-up “On”. However, this trading session has given me a new idea. I’ve always wanted a system that could account for news. That is extremely difficult to build in any fluent way. However, there might be certain types of news vectors that can be “managed” to some degree. I don’t want to become a news trader, again – that is not my style. But, if I can teach the system to recognize moderate or mild market moving news events, then I theorize that I can use these advanced trade profiles in yet another way. So, the Blades and Apex trades would have two functions or two missions, instead of just one.

The entire idea behind the Blade/Apex concept is to use the accuracy and measuring capability of the system, plus a quasi hedged type trade profile, to make a non-directional trade successful. It works when the market is inside a daily channel very nicely and there is no trade signal requirement – the market can move in either direction and it would not matter. Now, I turn “On” those advanced trade profiles when the system detects enough volatility within a small daily channel, but I think I can also turn those profiles “On” whenever the news vector is determined to be mild/moderate AND where that news opposes the Day Trade signal. That would be the logical set-up.

So, something like:

…if(Primary Trade Cluster = Daily Channel AND News Vector = Moderate AND News Vector <> Day Trade Signal) then, Blades and Apex Trades = “On”))

So, that simple little statement would turn the advanced trade profiles “On” and the underlying code that governs their Entry, Limit and Stop would set their parameters accordingly.

Had I done this yesterday, the Short Blade would have terminated at $1.1865 for 44 pips. The Long Blade would have retracted back up to its Open price near $1.1912 (currently $1.1908) and the Long Apex would have triggered at $1.1864, suffer a 5 pip draw-down and then lead the way back into the Channel to the current close of $1.1908, for a cool little 44 pips. So, 44 on the way down (Short Blade), -4 on the way up (Long Blade returning) and another 44 on the lead-in back to the channel (Long Apex) for a very stealthy 80 pips in an adverse news driven environment.

That would have been really stealthy and very sweet.

So, I’m going to have to build an external Toggle Switch where I can simply type in a phrase like “Moderate Short News” and then write some additional code that overrides and turns “Off” the IM and Day signals while turning “ON” the Blades and Apex profiles. Not a tremendous amount of work, but it would require several hours of coding and several more hours of impact analysis to make sure that other critical links in the Panel were not broken or made circular.

So, in every way, I’m happy with the system performance and with what I think I’ve learned today. I’m going to think the News Toggle Switch idea over for a while before actually spending the time and energy coding anything as it would be a MAJOR decision – especially because the primary IM and Day trades would be overridden. So, that is not a small thing for me to consider doing at this stage.

Of course, I could just run one copy of the system with the changes and one without for a while and see who does the better job.

Attachments

278.7 KB · Views: 380
chuck5803 said:
Hi 7th,

I'm glad to see you are continuing your certification process here on T2W. Can't wait to read more of your ground braking system!

Regards,

Chuck

Chuck , yes - absolutely. I need to get through it - almost there! :) Welcome aboard.

TheBramble said:
I wasn't sitting on the sidelines, but found no basis (yesterday) under which to initiate a trade. I'm not really a 'go for scraps' sort of trader.

However, apart from keeping me out of low profit days and loss days, when it does give levels that provide tradeable opportunities, they are positions worth taking.

I can't guarantee a trade every 24-hrs on each pair regardless of market conditions so I'll bow out. But will be watching with keen interest, once again, in the way this develops.

I like to find creative ways to real in the pips anyway I can as long as the method meets certain accuracy requirements over time. I don't like the scraps either, but I've learned that with my need to net positive cash flow every day (without exception) in order to continue growing my account balances, taking scraps off the dinner table might not be a bad deal in the long run - as long as it is done consistently - those scraps will add up eventually. I used to frown at a 5 pip gain, but given my cost basis per trade - not anymore. Even 1 pip matters where I am today. That is why a 2 pip loss makes me super excited! It is so much easier to recover - almost a guaranteed recovery with this system.

But, yes - it is wise to trade what one feels comfortable with. To use the tools that one has honed. Everybody has their own way and style, if they are an experienced trader. Inexperienced traders, tend to be all over the place – no focus – no strategy – no purpose – no vision of where they need to be, or how to get there. There are times when I simply have to stay out of the market, too. Like news events. I’ve just been burned one too many times with news that was ”supposed” to break in one direction, only to have it break in another. I just got tired of that stuff and decided to stay away from all news. However, with the use of the Blade/Apex concept AND “mild” news – I might be able to pay the market back for all of those times when I got ripped off by a news event that failed to break the way it should have. (we’ll see how that project goes, if I take it on)

Well, if you can’t do it every 24 hours, then just jump in with whatever you have – whenever you have it. I was just trying to expedite my work, that’s all. So, whatever you’ve got, bring it up. I post the Dashboard everyday at 0000GMT, 4:00pm Pac, and 7:00pm East (or close to those times).

Remember, the key is not to produce pivots every 24 hours, but that the pivot should “come” within 24-48 hours of your post. So, if you posted EURUSD Long yesterday, I’d be looking for the Short Pivot, today from you – as many conventional TA Traders use Pivots as Targets or Exit points. Same for the short. If you had posted Short yesterday, I’d be looking for your Long entry point, today. (or, at least your Short exit point).

Punch said:
ok, here is the traditional stuff for today's session in the EUR/USD:

Resistance: 1.1922 and 1.1940
Pivot point: 1.1899
Support: 1.1881 and 1.1858

As you can see, today is a pretty good day for pivots as they have called the high and low so far.

Punch, no kidding - those were good today.

Are you modifying anything, or taking standard values?
Could you post these near the 0000GMT, 4:00pm Pac, and 7:00pm East time frame just so I can see them before hand?
Are these 24-48 hour projections?

I don't track that stuff, so it would be appreciated.

My Day target seems to be well above stated Resistance with its Stop appearing more conventional - interesting. Also, very interesting to see that the Initial Move was a significant portion of the distance between your Pivot and Support. The Short Blade and Long Apex also seem to be carving out a niche in the conventional numbers.

Very interesting stuff. Keep it coming!

Bug Fix: (see Panel below after reading details)

This is a display/presentation bug found in the Dashboard Panel. You will note the Day Trade Target Status Indicator (right side of Panel) reads: "Stopped" in the Panel just before this one.

If the trade was actually Stopped Out, then the Draw should reflect that fact. So, I've included a couple lines of simple code that displays the actual Loss on the trade as the final Draw amount upon hitting the Stop. In this case, that was -25 pips after the Initial Move of +22 pips for a total net Loss of -2.

Just a small presentation or display bug. Actually, when I think about it - it is not really a bug at all - just poor design. I think this makes it look more representative of what actually happened.

Attachments

279.1 KB · Views: 393
In Observation:

Take a look (if you have not notice already) the Outlook Trade. Entry into these is always on the first trading day of the new Month (as stated previously). I don't trade these as I am not a position trader, but I will use this Outlook Trade profile whenever on vacation or something like that, where I can't really be involved in the day-to-day management of trading. At that point, I'll insert a Stop into the equation and leave my trading desk for up to one Month.

At this point, it has captured 286 pips out of the projected 298, which is about 95.97% of the target that it projected back on Feb 1st, 2006. These seem to work pretty well as the previous Outlook Trade was projected on Jan 1st, 2006, where it projected a topside target in the $1.2300 level. It net about 475 pips on last month's projection from the Open of the new Month. So, about 761 pips on the Outlook's for its first two months of Production Mode performance. Not astronomical, but not bad either - if I were a position trader - which I am not, of course.

I use the Outlook primarily as a container for Day and Swing expectations (visually). It is also used in the generation of the Day and Swing Trade signals inside the Engine. It is one of those components of the system that is an extremely long-term (for me) tool. I guess if I were focused on generating Annual Percentage Performance Returns, then I would most likely switch to this profile and trim my work days down to about 3-4 days per month just checking on it.

Anyway, it is an interesting little signal and it has been pretty good for its first two months of Production. I figured that I would try to talk about some of the components of the Panel in isolation. This one is very easy - it is straight forward - super long term in its reach (up to 5 months or more sometimes) and I've never traded it with real cash but all of its BETA and Certification tests a long time ago are matched by its current Production performance. So, she's hanging in there ok.

My first real experience with it will be during my summer vacation this year.