Active day and swing traders

barjon said:
nice one, mark :D
Thanks Jon - 'bout time one worked out out decently :) .

...and profits taken on PRU short by stop @ 515, after what looks like failure to properly break support @ 514. Opened @ 522.75 on 7/12.

Good trading,

Mark

Exited that earlier BSY trade @ B/E: didn't like way it was looking

Remaining positions: long BA., BOC, BT.A, SAB & SDR; short BRBY

Will probably take profits on BT (unless it looks likely to close above magic 218 level) & SDR (unless it looks likely to close above yesterdays close)

OK, taken profits on BT long @ 217 (opened @ 214.75 on 7/12). Will leave SDR running, looks like it's going to close above yesterday's high.

Expecting a major "Santa Claus Rally" in the latter part of next week. Keeping fingers crossed for remaining trades!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheers,

Mark

Nice 100 pips Mark,
I totally agree with the "Santa Rally" and will be looking over the weekend for new long swings,

Bon Weekend to all

Dave

'morning all,

Now long SMIN @ 984.5, so positions now: long BA., BOC, SAB, SDR, SMIN; short BRBY

Good trading,

Mark

mornin' all

long av and pru this morning with maybe longs on the horizon for dge, hsba, blnd

good trading

jon

Morning all,
Well, my AVE trade closed for a 1 pip gain. Quite a long time in the trade for very little!
Have opened WKP this morning on a higher high / higher low swing.

Remain in SIG + but slow
LMSO - but recovering (fingers crossed on this one)
BGY & CSTL nicely + and stops above open

Had been hoping for a little more action on the run up to Chrissy, the "Santa Rally"!
Got LNGO & PO and the screener but so far they are not a trade.

Good trading to all
Dave

'afternoon all,

Covered the BRBY short @ 411 for a tasty profit. Opened @ 422.13 on 9/12.

techst,

Nice one on the YELL trade. I was watching that myself but it didn't dip low enough for me to enter.

Good trading all,

Mark

Morning all,
Big oops, my WKP trade stopped out for a loss of 9 points.
Still in SIG
BGY
LMSO
CNA

AVE is peeking back on the screener as the down move that closed me out a day or so seems to have reversed and brought us back into the trend channel.
LNGO & PO still on watch list but not developing.

What has happened to our Santa rally?

Good trading,
Dave

Euro_d said:
Morning all,
...What has happened to our Santa rally?
'morning Dave,

Seems a bit late this year (maybe selective too). Fortunately my trades are OK at the moment...expecting to take some profits today. From next week I'll be off, so I'm a bit constrained on time. Looks like the rally is having some impact across the pond but hasn't done much here - yet.

Good trading!

Mark

mornin' all

Being a bit cautious at the moment. Don't know about you, but prices seem to be darting about all over the place with sharp sudden moves almost instantly reversed - plays havoc with stops and need to be particularly fast fingered to benefit the other way. That time of year I guess.

Currently long blnd (first target reached) and av (hovering around entry point)

good trading

jon

barjon said:
mornin' all

Being a bit cautious at the moment. Don't know about you, but prices seem to be darting about all over the place with sharp sudden moves almost instantly reversed - plays havoc with stops and need to be particularly fast fingered to benefit the other way. That time of year I guess.
Hi Jon,

Agreed! Shame I was away from my screen when SMIN hit a massive high this morning - still I've got a good profit guaranteed now on that - unless I decide to run it overnight.

Just taken my biggest ever profit (scaled for 25% size I'm trading at): closed SDR long @ 952, opened @ 895.33 on 21/11. Am watching remaing trades carefully: may have to accept a moderate loss on SAB long, if it starts moving down again. I think analysts are trying to work out the impact of Reid's defence strategy statement on BA. (too complex for me). My stop on that is pretty tight now, so if they don't like it my loss on that will be small.

Want to exit BOC today, so watching for optimal exit point (might be at the close).

Best regards,

Mark

Well, the market doesn't seem to like the defence statement much, so took small loss on BA. long @ 345.25 (opened @ 347 on 2/12).

Also stopped out of SMIN long for a nice profit @ 1029 (opened @ 984.5 on 12/12)

..and loss taken on SAB long, stopped out @ 1025 (caught out by one of those sharp swings, as my stop was at 1029) after raising stop (opened @ 1054.5 on 24/11).

So, all I've got left now is BOC long, which I intend to exit before today's close. Not too bad a day considering Santa isn't being very nice to us so far...

Perhaps I'll top up on some BP shares (long term investment) as they're nice & cheap today...

...and taken small profit on the BOC long @ 1163. Opened @ 1145 on 5/12.

Well, that's my trading finished for this year. I'm off on an extended Christmas break, back in late Jan, once I've analysed the results of my new trading methods (and seen what modd the market is in then)..

Have a good Christmas and a profitable new year everyone!

Best regards,

Mark

And a grand Christmas to you, too, Mark.

It's been a real pleasure sharing your trades and thoughts this year. Look forward to more in the New Year.

May the force be with you.

jon

Barjon.
Are you still in BLND.Has it just shot up into space or am i just seeing things.
I have been in BLND for a few days now.

Regards Jon

Barjon.
Sorry about that (BLND),It was capital spreads playing silly buggers,price has now stabilised at again

Fluke said:
Barjon.
Are you still in BLND.Has it just shot up into space or am i just seeing things.
I have been in BLND for a few days now.

Regards Jon

hi fluke

still riding along - nice isn't it?

no spike on my front (saw your later post about cs) but it does tend to move fast when it goes.

regards and good trading

jon