Active day and swing traders

Nelz said:
Morning Guys,

Splitlink it is good to see you long on WPP, I was getting worried that I was the only one.

Nelz

Hi Nelz.

When the smoke has cleared perhaps we could exchange views on what decided us to do it!

Split

Morning all,
Welcome back Silvia!

Strange start to the week for me as I have no open positions from last week! Missed the early rise on the DAX due to a minor CU, mine!
Got EMI on the screener, seems that last Friday tested and recovered from a low with large volume. The stock is sitting on the lower Boll band. I will be watching 240 and go long at that level

Apart from that nothing.

Good trading to all
Dave

'morning all,

'Fraid I must agree with JonnyT re Pakistan.

Took profits on remaining 50% of GSK long trade @ 1459. Opened @ 1424 on 26/9. Also took profits on SPW long trade @ 586. Opened @ 568.5 on 27/9.

Decided to have another crack @ longs on BP @ 632.5 and BG @ 514, prices having exceeded Friday's high. I'm betting that recent large falls are pullbacks in overall uptrends, rather than trend reversals. Crude seems to be bouncing off recent lows & should help these. Indications are that US market will open up, which should support these too. OTOH if US continues its decline these trades could be in trouble.

Current position: long BG, BP; short KGF, MRW.

Good trading all,

Mark

...and also taken profits on KGF short @ 213.5. Opened @ 217.75 on 30/9.

Expecting a pullback after recent falls. May look @ re-entering this once pullback is complete, if it happens.

Hi Split,

Well its ood to see WPP gaining, Iwas worried when they lost Gillette but Sorrell the CEO is not going to let the merger go I reckon.

Is anyone long on Smith & Neph, I have a position open but I think this will only benefit in the New Year ... any views?

Nelz said:
Hi Split,

Well its ood to see WPP gaining, Iwas worried when they lost Gillette but Sorrell the CEO is not going to let the merger go I reckon.

Is anyone long on Smith & Neph, I have a position open but I think this will only benefit in the New Year ... any views?

Nelz

I do not have a current trade on sn but it is on my watch list.

The chart below shows the support/resistance zones and the trend line The price appears to have found support at the 465 zone but is still below the trend line. The next support is at 440.

I would like to see a rise and pullback before going long.

Regards

bracke

Attachments

• sn 6 months.jpg
    sn 6 months.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 187
Sounds good, well I have a long position open on it at the moment. I believe they are going to start their new hip re-surfacing project early next year. Where I hope we can cash in.

Nelz said:
Sounds good, well I have a long position open on it at the moment. I believe they are going to start their new hip re-surfacing project early next year. Where I hope we can cash in.

At what date does your future expire, and what is your stoploss?

Regards

bracke

Nelz said:
I am playing the Dec Future without a Stop Loss

So you like to live dangerously !

Bearing in mind your thought that the price may rise next year is it your intention to roll over the Dec Future if you have not come into an acceptable profit by its expiry ?

Regards

bracke

Ye that is the plan but I need to hold on till then. I am playing £5 a pt so keeping a close eye.

Other positions I have open are SABand BLT.

Nelz said:
Ye that is the plan but I need to hold on till then. I am playing £5 a pt so keeping a close eye.

Other positions I have open are SABand BLT.

SAB & BLT are not on my watch list so I am not in a position to comment. I wish you well with your trades but would suggest that you re-consider your no stoploss approach.

Regards

bracke

EMG looks interesting. Looks like support might hold ready for a bounce tomorrow. Bullish divergence on MACD and RSI oversold. Volume today shows buys 6m and sells 2.8m In last half hour of trading 1m buys.

HI Guys!

Due to a quite bad mixture of cold and flu, I'm keeping a low profile for the mo. I'm still short AVE, HG., and ABG. I don't know if it's my flu or what, but I can't find anything that looks good enough to trade. I don't feel safe on the long side, and there is almost nothing on the short side! Is my flu responsible for my state of general confusion or are you experiencing the same?

Good trading!

Good morning all,
Silvia, you are not alone. Last Friday I closed all my long positions and yesterday had the screener running all day and there was nothing that could seduce me into a trade! I accept that I could have played the miners intraday but most of the action seemed to be very early in the session.
I had MRW in the sights as a short but it never got confirmed.

Today looks to me to be a similar situation. I have a few potential shorts but none seem to giving strong signals, HBOS, MRW, BBY & MONI.

Personally, I can see the FTSE opening with a drop and then who knows. Unless a quick intraday opportunity pops up I shall not be trading today.

Good trading to all and, Silvia, hope your flu is better

Dave

Morning All,

Well its good to smile again. Seeing some great green arrows pointing up on my Cantor account. Hopefully the rise keeps going.

mornin' all

been away golfing in the algarve for a couple of weeks. herself banned my laptop so i've got an awful lot of catching up to do. feel as if i've been away for months.

hope you've all been raking it in.

good trading

jon