A New Low?

Brian Potter :“I have a dream, people, I have a dream. If we build it, they will come.”
Les: “Build what?”
Brian Potter :“A new Phoenix.”
Jerry St Clair :“Here we go again.”
Brian Potter :“Bigger, better, faster, stronger, rising out of the ashes. A super club, a King of clubs only this time we’ll have it all. A restaurant, a bistro - we’ll serve food.”
Jerry St Clair :“Food eh?”
Brian Potter :“But not just any old food Jerry. Proper food - scampi, chicken Kievs, garlic bread”
Max :“Garlic bread?”
Brian Potter :“Garlic bread, that’s right Max. Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it.”

“T2W will be a beacon in the industry, a place where traders of all types and experience can come, safe in the knowledge that the information and support is of the highest calibre, enabling them to cut a path through the trading jungle without losing their shirts.”

Quite a lot of opinion and wise-after-the-event facts there, scose :)

Since you and Timsk are in agreement, can either of you please point which of 1-8 are fact and which you believe to be opinion.

When you question "How is any of this carried out in the interests of newbs, gamblers and uneducated types that are ignorant to how this industry works?" I suppose you discount all the threads, T2W advice, etc that's there showing how the industry works and hopefully at least lessening the ignorance of the readers. So surely there's some balance to be seen and not a blanket everything is bad?

Sorry. Most of the time it's members putting up info that has any worth, not t2w, and a lot of the time t2w staff come in to the defence of firm/scammer/etc with the speculation is not enough argument. Anyone who takes an anti-industry stance is demonised, sometimes by suspect "members" with commercial concerns. In the case of pboyles he was expressly and directly asked to stop exposing scams in t2w ffs. I never once said that it's all bad but t2w itself does extremely little to ensure that this content flourishes.

Remember that T2W is a free site. How do members expect it be paid for if not by advertising revenue? It is also a business so needs to derive income for that reason, too.

Why do you think I asked for member numbers? The turnover has jumped y/y and I suspect that using y/y member numbers as an indicator of the pay-per-view/click we'll see that income streams have been diversified suggesting that t2w is generating a substantial amount from partnering with the companies that I and many others believe to be dodgy. This is just conjecture of course :)

It seems to me that advertising etc is acceptable, although it's fair enough that members would expect that to be within reason, honest and conducted with some integrity. Sure, T2W has dropped clangers here and there - mostly, but not exclusively, exposed with the benefit of hindsight - but it's aims can't be to rip off members. After all, if for no other reason, it makes business sense not to do so since without members T2W is nothing.

Hindsight? After-the-fact? An ape could have told you how the PC, Black Swan thing would unfold. It's been posted several times but people don;t take "lulz" seriously. Did you not think that Mike Baghdaddy might have been Mike Fullofsh8tty from the get go? What about secret illuminati nazi man? It's not difficult and I refuse to believe that you are stupid so to me, the only thing that makes sense is wilful ignorance.
It doesn't make business sense to rip customers off? Don't take me for an idiot. Ripping people off is extremely lucrative and I'm not even going to entertain your stance by posting evidence. There's enough on this very site.

You might argue than you can never marry business interests with members interests at all and that divorce is inevitable. I happen to think that you can find a balance that is acceptable to both sides, although I agree that the balance has become a bit out of kilter and needs looking at.

Well I think that past behaviour indicates that members interests and any balance is probably the very last thing on managements mind - but that's just my opinion.

:love:

scose

You seem determined to concentrate on the bad and ignore the good. As an aside I wonder if you think T2W deserves any credit at all for allowing such constant criticism? There are many sites that would kill it stone dead.

However, to pick up on a few things. Don't you think there's any worth in this sort of thing http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/89078-essentials-first-steps.html . Don't you think that is helpful and gives good warnings about the dangers people face?

The vast bulk of board content is from members, of course. That's the idea!! Don't you think T2W deserves any credit at all for leaving the highly critical comment about scammers and the like up for as long as it can? Don't you think it takes considerable risks here in the interests of members? Live in the real world, scose, it'd likely be a different story if it was your pocket that was under threat.

I could go on and on but I daresay it's pointless so I'm off to attend to some trading instead

jon

scose

You seem determined to concentrate on the bad and ignore the good. As an aside I wonder if you think T2W deserves any credit at all for allowing such constant criticism? There are many sites that would kill it stone dead.

However, to pick up on a few things. Don't you think there's any worth in this sort of thing http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/89078-essentials-first-steps.html . Don't you think that is helpful and gives good warnings about the dangers people face?

The vast bulk of board content is from members, of course. That's the idea!! Don't you think T2W deserves any credit at all for leaving the highly critical comment about scammers and the like up for as long as it can? Don't you think it takes considerable risks here in the interests of members? Live in the real world, scose, it'd likely be a different story if it was your pocket that was under threat.

I could go on and on but I daresay it's pointless so I'm off to attend to some trading instead

jon

Barjon makes a valid point re- warnings to newbies contained in "First Steps" above. However, many people cannot be bothered to read such advice since they are in a hurry to get their first Fiat saloon car.Others are simply stupid and make excellent fodder for the scam artist and dream peddlars. Some are simply niave and benefit from the likes of PBoyles pointing out that not all people who post on T2W are nice people who are eager to share their profitable stratagies (for a small? Fee.) Accepting that your greatest enemy is yourself is difficult for many. I wish this site was around years ago since it would have considerably shortened many peoples learning curve.
Sadly, of late, T2W seems to be heading for the rocks. Lultz is replacing trading and it is difficult, nowadays, to find anything worth reading in an educational sense. We have a live trading thread which holds my attention. Apart from that I confess to passing the time now taking pot shots at some posts and looking for sites with more trading content. Or my restlessness may be due to the fact that I feel I have little to learn here since some things tend to be repeated and my then thread heroes have faded away. I could try reading a book between trades but human nature is so curious ( bit like a zoo) that I am often drawn back to this site simply to observe the inmates:)

Barjon makes a valid point re- warnings to newbies contained in "First Steps" above. However, many people cannot be bothered to read such advice since they are in a hurry to get their first Fiat saloon car.Others are simply stupid and make excellent fodder for the scam artist and dream peddlars. Some are simply niave and benefit from the likes of PBoyles pointing out that not all people who post on T2W are nice people who are eager to share their profitable stratagies (for a small? Fee.) Accepting that your greatest enemy is yourself is difficult for many. I wish this site was around years ago since it would have considerably shortened many peoples learning curve.
Sadly, of late, T2W seems to be heading for the rocks. Lultz is replacing trading and it is difficult, nowadays, to find anything worth reading in an educational sense. We have a live trading thread which holds my attention. Apart from that I confess to passing the time now taking pot shots at some posts and looking for sites with more trading content. Or my restlessness may be due to the fact that I feel I have little to learn here since some things tend to be repeated and my then thread heroes have faded away. I could try reading a book between trades but human nature is so curious ( bit like a zoo) that I am often drawn back to this site simply to observe the inmates:)

Should this thread be merged with "A new high?"

arguing over nothing? I should coco.

keyboard warriors. I should coco

no upside. I should coco

nuff said. move on get over it.

Is superfundfx the new Secker? The original thread highlighting their 900% a year rubbish was deleted quietly and now a new thread about them has been deleted within 12 hours of being posted.

Of course T2Ws retraction of their partner offer has also gone with the thread. Does that mean they are backing their scheme after all?

Is superfundfx the new Secker? The original thread highlighting their 900% a year rubbish was deleted quietly and now a new thread about them has been deleted within 12 hours of being posted.

Of course T2Ws retraction of their partner offer has also gone with the thread. Does that mean they are backing their scheme after all?

don't be daft :LOL:

Covering up you mean?

t2w has certain critics (it should come as no surprise that I am one of them).

When they air brush embarrassing material out of existence, they dont air brush it out of our memories. To make matters worse we remember both the original mistake, and their reprehensible behavior implementing the cover up !

99.9999% of the membership really couldn't care less if t2w accidentally promoted an illegal ponzi scheme or not, and so covering it up, has no tangible benefit whatsoever. Should there ever be a problem in the future resulting in legal action, I have no doubt that there's quite a few who did retain copies of this stuff, and would happily supply anyone who wanted it with copies and the full sp

under those circumstances I cant see the point of spending time and effort implementing the cover up, they are just handing people a stick to beat them with

under those circumstances I cant see the point of spending time and effort implementing the cover up, they are just handing people a stick to beat them with

Would you hold on to this one for me please? My cupboard is already full of T2W-beating sticks and I'm running out of space for them.