A good start for a newbie?

So what strategies to others trade? At the moment I'm in my learning phase and I would love to hear more about how others have made a success of trading. Any advice/tips or strategies that others trade would be much appreciated.

I love the fact that no one has responded to my last questions. Does this mean that no one has any tips or advice for me?

I love the fact that no one has responded to my last questions. Does this mean that no one has any tips or advice for me?

Sigh..<Sticks broken scratched record on old fangled turn table>;

There are 3 Ms; mind, money management and method. If you want a method then Google forex strategies revealed where you'll find at least 35 which will *work* consistently.

However, your strat needs to have sound MM and you need your mind to get match hardened by 'doing the job' which involves de-fragging your pre-conceptions and re-building your personal hard drive.

Now then, imho it takes 2 years of full time activity to become proficient/profitable in this game..a reality that most don't want to hear, which is why (on a different issue) the snake oil in a box retailers/coaches/trading rooms fill the gap.

If it takes 2 years of full time dedication/obsession imagine how long it'll take part time..4-5 years to learn how to not lose money? You really didn't want to hear that did you? Sure there's the exceptions, the 'savant kids' who get it inside 6 months, but they're one in a mill..

The only worthwhile advice is to research, learn, experiment and practice. What do you expect?

If you want a method, fade weak reversal signals at local extremes always in the direction of the trend. That's all you need, now go and make your fortune.

The post I've quoted shows that you have about 99.9% of the journey left to go.