A day on the charts

Ok I thought I'd post a little about my analysis....

I try to look at the charts between 22:00 and 0:00 and review the day and then draw the hi / lo and see which s/r's they are hitting, ill use 1D, 4hr 1hr maybe 15mn.

Looking at the gbpusd its shot up to a strong s/r going back to Sept 10 and on the 4hr its pretty much knocking on the resistance of the whole of mid April 13 (8/4 - 25/4/13). Now I'm thinking tomorrow morning could be risky on the break, if the pair move through Asia with a very shallow range there maybe a break to the 1.53600 area about 42pips so I maybe able to sneak 20 pips out. Thing is I don't want to be sneaking and squeezing pips from ranges on this system, if there is a move up through Asia and then maybe I could look on the short side for the higher tf retrace again I'd be dodging some heavy s/r's but looking short the next big support is 1.5225, the 5day ADR is 103 and if Asian range is 70 pips above 1.5225 then a short order might be the call. Overall I think Tuesday may well bump about and break through during later London. Either way I'm quite happy to say I'm not going to go in blind tomorrow morning and I doubt i'll be looking at trading the gbpusd tomorrow on the break. I've not looked at what happened to the euro yet - next port of call when the GBP presents like this..

On a side note, this isn't to say I won't trade the cable tomorrow, but ill wait for the pullback if it breaks or I'll watch the range..

Peace and pips

Last edited:
Morning all,

Orders:

EUR short @ 1.30536
EUR long @ 1.30831

Happy Tuesday :)

# 006
Times @ GMT
06:45
Pair: Fiber
Order: Short
Filled: 007:34
Entry: 1.305390
TP: 1.303310
SL: 1.307390

Exit: 08:03
Pips: -20

PIP COUNT: 0

Comment:

Should have re-read my post last night and stayed out :eek: - with this system it's about when to stay out rather then jumping in.....

Ratios:

W/L: 3/3
Average R/R: 1:1
W/L (%): 50%

Peace and pips

Happy Tuesday

Morning all :)

Orders today,

GBP/USD long@ 1.54177
Short @ 1.53769

# 007
Times @ GMT
06:57
Pair: Cable
Order: Long
Filled: 007:20
Entry: 1.541770
TP: 1.543820
SL: 1.5391770

Exit: 07:44
Pips: 20

PIP COUNT: 20

Comment:

This was straight order fill, no real S/R. I use trade interceptor for charting and draw a box around the Asian range. I then aim around 3pips above and below the hi/lo and pull out 20 pips or there abouts to find the tp / sl prices.

It's early and i use my phone from my bed, i do this almost as soon as i wake up, so i use the boxes to find entry and exit prices because my head is still sleepy :sleep: So it's not always spot on 20, but i always go for 20+ tp and 20ish S/l - just in case anyone wondered why the price entry and exits are not always spot on 20 pips..

Ratios:

W/L: 4/3
W/L (%): 57%

Peace and pips

Happy Thursday

Happy mondaze all,

Let the fun begin :)

Orders
Gbpusd
Long@ 1.55699
Short @ 1.55487

40 pip movement overnight and higher tf appear to be showing a replacement for last weeks high. I don't hold much hope today, mainly due to my ickkle 20 pip stop...

Peace and pips all :)

Happy mondaze all,

Let the fun begin :)

Orders
Gbpusd
Long@ 1.55699
Short @ 1.55487

40 pip movement overnight and higher tf appear to be showing a replacement for last weeks high. I don't hold much hope today, mainly due to my ickkle 20 pip stop...

Peace and pips all :)

All orders cancelled - too wide a range for a Monday.

Happy Monday all :)

Just a quick comment on the cancelled orders and why I cancelled them
I don't like Mondays... there is no previous day data but with a small / tight overnight range I’ll still have confidence. Sunday night’s range was over 40pips - anything over 30 and I’m iffy. Also as i'm trading this on orders and 1:1 set pips, I get no real control to close / fade / extend profits and cut losses.
What I’m looking for is a strong break out and in my experience with a strong push last week on the GBPUSD and a pullback late Friday, I was unsure - but 6:45 is early for me - so I’ll have a quick check of the ranges and place my orders, boil the kettle and make tea, if I’m unsure of the orders by the time i have had my first sip of tea i will cancel them - i know this is not a hard cold approach but TA = Techy Analysis or at 7am – “Tea Analysis!” Anyway, basically I shall continue to try and pick strong days to trade the breakout and today just isn't that strong.

Happy Mondaze and Pips All :)

Morning all :)

Orders today:
GBP short@ 1.55497
GBP long@ 1.56068

EUR short@ 1.32448
EUR long@ 1.32950

Happy Tuesday!

Times @ GMT
07:14
Pair: Cable
Order: Short
Filled: 08:50
Entry: 1.554970
TP: 1.552970
SL: 1.556670

Exit: 13:40
Pips: 20

PIP COUNT: +40

Comment:

This was open a longtime for a breakout trade - went into NYO - retraced about 17 pips around 09:40 - Gald i wasn't watching!! :eek:

Ratios:

W/L: 5/3
W/L (%): 62%

Peace and pips

Happy Tuesday

Last edited:
This was open a longtime for a breakout trade - went into NYO - retraced about 17 pips around 09:40 - Gald i wasn't watching!! :eek:

I know the feeling; but always good to see patience rewarded and the pips coming in! Good luck for the rest of the week ... :cool:

I know the feeling; but always good to see patience rewarded and the pips coming in! Good luck for the rest of the week ... :cool:

Haha, yeah I think trading blindfolded would mean less caffeine abuse for sure! But gkeep 'em open and keep 'em strong, those the rules. I saw the London close pop to 35pips today, fall back and finish high, the 3:30ish pull back would have being a sweet entry too, I may have being tempted if I'd have stayed around.

Peace, pips, happiness and fast breaks to you (y)

Today's orders:

Cable long@ 1.566270
Cable short @ 1.56758

Morning all, slept in this morning so was a little later... Missed the 7am break but hopefully got back in on the retrace as now the long order has being triggered as a write...

Happy Wedensday all :)

I've not posted for a few days, I dropped my phone and smashed the screen (Touch screens and cast iron stoves don’t mix :eek:) - any of you that have read a few of my posts may know that I trade from my phone more or less 100% of the time. It's basically my only internet connection. We don't have any real "grid" services so my phone and a 3G dongle on a laptop are about it (although the laptop is really used for surfing more than trading).

Sometimes I’m out of signal - sometimes I’m just too tied up in life. But just thought I’d let you know because some of my last posts have been a bit disjointed.

Anyway iz back online and still going to trade this thread up to 100 trades, basically for fun and to offer an insight into strict 1:1 R/R break out trading in a kinda forward test environment.

Well as for today I did place my orders this morning but none of them filled so I’ll update tomorrow.

Happy Monday and Happy Breaks (y)

Today's orders:

Cable sell filled @ 1.54240
Fiber sell fill @ 1.32469

Just a quick update, haven't done my h this week, as you know tight ranges n all, here's todays..

Today's orders:

Cable sell filled @ 1.54240
Fiber sell fill @ 1.32469

Just a quick update, haven't done my h this week, as you know tight ranges n all, here's todays..

Cable died and Fiber cancelled.

The main issue is that i've being too busy this last week or so to fill this journal out and getting used to new phone don't help.

The whole system is back a breakeven now - which is what most poeple would expect.

I'm going to try to continue this on Monday - but failing keeping up with the posts next week, i'll probablly consign this thread to the graveyard and look at starting one up from Aug when i'll have more free time to give.

Happy Friday everybody.

Peace and pips (y)

Hey all,

I know this thread is dead - let it rest and all.

But I thought i'd close it properly, the London open breakout broke even over time, so getting outta of bed at 7am everyday didn't seem worth it, I know there are practitioners of the open break, but for me it just wasn't working overtime. I'm sure the open is worth considering but not in the way I was doing it.

So im back to longer term trading on swings

So goodluck all, happy trading :)