90's Hip Hop Top 10. Rappers

What other music you guys into...
I'll listen to anything....apart from opera Lol

Hip Hop & Motown are the top ones. But I also like some Accoustic, Jazz.
I have a soft spot for Michael Buble. I will listen to pretty much anything, except like heavy metal

But hip hop is what I drive too!

I listen to and get pretty much most styles in music, starting with Abba and all the way up to Led Zeppelin and most things in between.

What I honestly never got tho was Rap.

I mean heck that's not even remotely music, that's guys reciting some kinda (I guess) poetry with a heavy staccato and no melody or music anywhere around ?!?

One could also go to that park in London where you have guys standing on soap boxes holding forth and come up with pretty much the same result ?

I mean somebody like Michael Jackson made music.

But Rap ?

I really don't get it.

Not having a dig, but honestly interested to find out what it's all about.

This here is music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wEz...FAF2D5E60&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

I listen to and get pretty much most styles in music, starting with Abba and all the way up to Led Zeppelin and most things in between.

What I honestly never got tho was Rap.

I mean heck that's not even remotely music, that's guys reciting some kinda (I guess) poetry with a heavy staccato and no melody or music anywhere around ?!?

One could also go to that park in London where you have guys standing on soap boxes holding forth and come up with pretty much the same result ?

I mean somebody like Michael Jackson made music.

But Rap ?

I really don't get it.

Not having a dig, but honestly interested to find out what it's all about.

I know toally what you mean...But the difference is this ,in todays rap every rapper is rapping about money and hoes and murdering people...It's a common misconception that all rappers are like this but only because of the amount of **** coming out of modern day rappers

Now take an rapper e.g Nas or KRS-One these guys have the respect they were the best rappers in the 90's these guys rapped about their life thier upbringing and the lives of those less unfortunate, they made the listener feel what they felt...

Lyrics extract from Lil John - WHO IN MY OPINION IS THE ****TEST RAPPER EVER :mad: (MODERN DAY)
3,6,9 standing real fine move it to you sing it to me one mo time
Get low, Get low 6x
To the window, to the wall, (to dat wall)
To the sweat drip down my balls (MY BALLS)
To all these bitches crawl (crawl)
To all skit skit mother****er (mother****er!) all skit skit got dam (Got dam)
To all skit skit mother****er (mother****er!) all skit skit got dam (Got dam)
YouTube - Lil Jon - get low music movie !

Lyrics extract from KRS-One (CLASSIC RAP)
Hip Hop
Holy Integrated People
Having Omnipresent Power
The watchman's in the tower of
Hip Hop
Hydrogen Iodine Phosphorous
Hydrogen Oxygen Phosphorous
That's called
Hip Hop
The response of cosmic consciousness
To our condition as
Hip Hop
We gotta think about the children we bringing up
When Hip and Hop means intelligence springing up
We singing what?
Sickness Hatred Ignorance and Poverty
Or Health Love Awareness and Wealth
Follow me
YouTube - Krs-One & Marley Marl - Hip Hop Lives (Lyrics)

KRS-One talks about the diffculities that Hip-Hop as a music is experiencing and how it and it's artist needs to adapt to make it a genre that can be enjoyed by every type of listener....and how it is misunderstood.

Lil John however, just sings about women stripping and sex which is not what rap is about.....

So there you go, I hope I have cleaned your view on Hip-Hop up.......

Last edited:
Now take an rapper e.g Nas or KRS-One these guys have the respect they were the best rappers in the 90's these guys rapped about their life thier upbringing and the lives of those less unfortunate, they made the listener feel what they felt...
So there you go, I hope I have cleaned your view on Hip-Hop up.......

Yup indeed, that's true and makes sense, hadn't thought of that, that was a huge driving force there wasn't it, giving people with hard backgrounds growing up in rough areas a feeling that they weren't alone kinda thing.

That makes sense, that really is what most art is about, right, describing and sharing feelings, maybe even in new ways.

Should always be open minded eh so will have a gank at some of the vidoes you guys put up here.

Yup indeed, that's true and makes sense, hadn't thought of that, that was a huge driving force there wasn't it, giving people with hard backgrounds growing up in rough areas a feeling that they weren't alone kinda thing.

That makes sense, that really is what most art is about, right, describing and sharing feelings, maybe even in new ways.

Should always be open minded eh so will have a gank at some of the vidoes you guys put up here.

Glad I was able to make you see what it is about....:D

Reactions: BSD
Haha laughed my head off that was hilarious.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

He has a good point too, regular rock stars die young from overdosing on Bolivian Marching Powder while in bed with groupies.

Rappers get shot and killed at a rate that would have you think that shooting them when they walk down the Strip in Las Vegas is a perfectly good and legal alternative to shooting targets in a practise range for newbies trying to save membership fees.

ksmn335l.jpg

Rappers get shot and killed at a rate that would have you think that shooting them when they walk down the Strip in Las Vegas is a perfectly good and legal alternative to shooting targets in a practise range for newbies trying to save membership fees.

ksmn335l.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hip Hop for me (as an old git) will always be more about the 80s.

Sooooooo not a fan of most modern stuff, for many of the reasons already mentioned.

So I'd plump for something like Afrika Bambaata - Planet Rock maybe.

I have the CD of all the old and new Arthur Baker remixes on my iPod and I keep coming back to the old side. Even the way he's remixed stuff like Fleetwod Mac (sorry slight thread digression there). And if I'm on my bike on the way into work Breakers Revenge always makes me absolutely wanna cane it.

YouTube - Crazy B-boys from Korea

Gamma mate, this is the tune I caned it to work playing :)

Check out that 2000 at 1:13.

I can't get as many spins on mine...working on it though.

also...that elbow spin at 3.20 is a f*cking joke!!

Last edited: