90 day expiry on demo's?

DanFrank

Hello,

Recieved a notification that MT4 demo accounts are now only available for a 90 day trial. Anyone else recieved similar?

Dan

Both my ODL Metatraders can't be renewed any more. I presume this is just an ODL thing. I find the ForexGen Metatrader is good because it runs on GMT - better for daily charts.

You can also download an everlasting Metatrader demo that needs no registration here: StrategyBuilderFX MT4 Trading Platform but it only has Forex - no gold or oil.

ive had a demo account with fxpro....had it for ages..doesnt seem to run out....does anyone know if it does ?

how about this?

i use fxdd, never had a problem with demo expiring
I am using FXDD and it would not act on 2 of my Take Profits stops, pretty much at the same time EUR-USD and the AUD-USD shown in chart, then I left them run on to see what happens, it takes them out even when there is no Stop Loss but that may be due to margin....

Attachments

• 13-11-2008 7-26-07 PM.png
    13-11-2008 7-26-07 PM.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 222
I am using FXDD and it would not act on 2 of my Take Profits stops, pretty much at the same time EUR-USD and the AUD-USD shown in chart, then I left them run on to see what happens, it takes them out even when there is no Stop Loss but that may be due to margin....

Which broker do u use?

Hi guys,
I am totally new here. Read a lot of good stuff about mt4. Decided to open a demo account via odl. Installed the software, logged in, but it seems that it is not real time. Qoutes are not running and charts stay the same.

In the lower right corner i see a red and a green bar with next to it some data size (19/1 kb).

Did i miss something here. How can I start demo trading if i don't have the real quotes??

Hope you guys can help me out.

Leslie

Go to File and Open an Account. Go through the procedure to get a username and password to log into the server and then you'll get live prices. Any name and address will do...

Hi 10loser,

thanks for the reply.

I already signed up for a demo account with odl. got the login number plus password. But nothing happens. Everything is in a stand still.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Leslie