£80

"P.S. Hope you got in GBP/JPY - I just took 70 pips out of that to the short side."

This pair can move....... im still sold from 158.50 ,holding our for more ,just trading trend change strat really......... dont know where or how many ticks it will yield until the trend changes again!

Twigs on the shoulder of a mighty river and all that... if rivers do have shoulders , ummm..

Hip Hop

I haven't been trading for many years and I am still learning but something that I have picked up along the way about trading is: test every time frame and see which one suites you once you find it stick to it.

I haven't been trading for many years and I am still learning but something that I have picked up along the way about trading is: test every time frame and see which one suites you once you find it stick to it.

Good advice.

But remember: there is often a huge difference between what one wants to do and what one is good at doing.

£80, do you trade the ags?

I'm going to be watching Corn tomorrow.

Attachments

• c.gif
    c.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 199
"P.S. Hope you got in GBP/JPY - I just took 70 pips out of that to the short side."

This pair can move....... im still sold from 158.50 ,holding our for more ,just trading trend change strat really......... dont know where or how many ticks it will yield until the trend changes again!

Twigs on the shoulder of a mighty river and all that... if rivers do have shoulders , ummm..

Hip Hop

Well, on that trend trade I netted +215 ticks, reversing to long 156.35 19.38 NY time last night. So the trend is UP , so we hop aboard. And see when this Long trade ends !

Up overnight tripple ticks gain already but best not count hens before eggs n all that..

Hip Hop

Well, on that trend trade I netted +215 ticks, reversing to long 156.35 19.38 NY time last night. So the trend is UP , so we hop aboard. And see when this Long trade ends !

Up overnight tripple ticks gain already but best not count hens before eggs n all that..

Hip Hop

Well ok, It's a roll over ! The trend has changed! Last long netted +65 ticks and Hip hop trand strat has gone sold at 1.57 even 16.46 ny time..

So 2 trades thus far +215 , +65... The tide of bigger trends is down so lets see if we get a tsunami of pip to the sell side on this most recent of sell orders!

But watching boiling water never cooks food , so let us wait to be served , if indeed we will be !

Hip Hop

This Trade Is Dedicated to Michael Jackson & called THRILLER ! Thank you Michael ..

Well ok, It's a roll over ! The trend has changed! Last long netted +65 ticks and Hip hop trand strat has gone sold at 1.57 even 16.46 ny time..

So 2 trades thus far +215 , +65... The tide of bigger trends is down so lets see if we get a tsunami of pip to the sell side on this most recent of sell orders!

But watching boiling water never cooks food , so let us wait to be served , if indeed we will be !

Hip Hop

Michael Jackson. Thank you. I hope I am blessed with your strength. God bless you. I feel as if I should of sent you my support in some way. Perhaps you will accept I am doing so now,if only in some small way?

Michael, we love you ...

Hip Hop.

OK , the current trade is indeed turning out to be somewhat of a thriller ...... The sell of 157.00 is still In tact , despite ranging trading activity as the market prepares to drown the bulls into next week.

In the heat of this action, Hip Hop stays cool ,with a "Hip Hop Hold" , to the short side!

Hip Hop.

Day 15

Today I placed a trade on an inside bar at resistance and 50% fib level. I am very happy with the outcome of this trade because I have not placed a trade in a long time and I started to doubt myself but it is strange how one feels after a winning trade. The market welcomed me back with a 35 point profit :clap:

Attachments

• uchf.jpg
    uchf.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 203
  • uchf1.jpg
    uchf1.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 173
Cool. I find IBs the trickiest little devils to actually trade, although they always look easy in hindsight.

Outside bars seem slightly more reliable, in my experience, although again, hindsight is a truly wonderful thing.

Today I placed a trade on an inside bar at resistance and 50% fib level. I am very happy with the outcome of this trade because I have not placed a trade in a long time and I started to doubt myself but it is strange how one feels after a winning trade. The market welcomed me back with a 35 point profit :clap:

And in Uusd/Chf, too! Now that really is worthy of self congratulation.

I can't remember the last time I made a profit in that Godforsaken pair.

My plan to start making serious profits

I have been trading with oanda because I did not have money to fund an account. Vdm global has given me free money(refer a friend bonuses) to trade with and I have decided too start trading with them. The bonus that they have given me amounts to £600 and any other spare change I get will go into this account to build up trading capital so that I can start making a decent profit. I would be able to live off my trading profits with a trading capital of £20 000 to make at least £100 per day.

I am giving myself one year to get my trading capital to £20 000.

I have been trading with oanda because I did not have money to fund an account. Vdm global has given me free money(refer a friend bonuses) to trade with and I have decided too start trading with them. The bonus that they have given me amounts to £600 and any other spare change I get will go into this account to build up trading capital so that I can start making a decent profit. I would be able to live off my trading profits with a trading capital of £20 000 to make at least £100 per day.

I am giving myself one year to get my trading capital to £20 000.

Mate, you don't need £20k to be making £100 per day consistently.

If you had £20k and risked 2% per trade that would be £400 risk per trade. With an average stop size on the hourly (my strategy) of say 40 pips that would mean your stake would be around £10 per pip. If you are shooting for 2X risk on each trade which you should be then that means every winning trade will make you lets say £800.

Now lets assume you are taking just one trade per day and win 3 days and lose on 2.

Winings total: £2,400 per week
Losers total: £800

(This assumes standardised risk)

That gives you a profit of £1,600 per week or £320 per day on average.

So to make you £100 per day with the stats above as a guideline you need around £6,500.

Obviously what I have written above is hypothetical and variable but its fairly easily achievable once you know what you are doing.

Mate, you don't need £20k to be making £100 per day consistently.

If you had £20k and risked 2% per trade that would be £400 risk per trade. With an average stop size on the hourly (my strategy) of say 40 pips that would mean your stake would be around £10 per pip. If you are shooting for 2X risk on each trade which you should be then that means every winning trade will make you lets say £800.

Now lets assume you are taking just one trade per day and win 3 days and lose on 2.

Winings total: £2,400 per week
Losers total: £800

(This assumes standardised risk)

That gives you a profit of £1,600 per week or £320 per day on average.

So to make you £100 per day with the stats above as a guideline you need around £6,500.

Obviously what I have written above is hypothetical and variable but its fairly easily achievable once you know what you are doing.

Thanks Tom and you are very right. I came up with the same calculations but I was looking at worst case scenario. Oh and by the way I am having a problem with Inside bars could you possibly help me please. The problem I have is that I don't know when the inside bar will reverse or when it will continue.

Thanks
Wade

I am having a problem with Inside bars could you possibly help me please? The problem I have is that I don't know when the inside bar will reverse or when it will continue.

What a strange question for someone that has a trading plan that states how to trade inside bars in both directions. Now why don't I trade it according to my trading plan?:confused:

I should answer this question!

Today I placed two trades one on the GBP/JPY and the other on USD/JPY and they did not workout the way I wanted it to. Oh well on to the next........

Attachments

• gj.jpg
    gj.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 187
  • gj1.jpg
    gj1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 160
  • uj.jpg
    uj.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 178
  • uj1.jpg
    uj1.jpg