7th Signal & Lighthouse trading journal

JumpOff said:
Let's see if we can get back to the part where Lighthouse posts trades (if and when he feels it is appropriate). Then we can ask questions and give comments about those trades.
JO

What's this ? a rule for the goose and another for the gander ?

I st up this thread for the simple purpose of exchanging trades. after 2 posts I get a whole load of abuse from somebody on his first post ever.

I posted my trade. some on this forum supported the idea ( read 7th's thread) but since then there has been silence from 7th/Tradevector, but when I respond I get told to " be quiet" ???

First trade

Cable : long @ 8604 stop 8487

Add on entry longs @ 8540 , 8648 & 8778

Open target but will consider closing and reversing short on an 8770/80 failure, A break of that level and am targeting 9025+

Ok, so nearly five (5) years later....... you found yourself Long, into the teeth of an TCD-Short-Extension through GBP8360. Not very wise, but let's continue.

Entry: 8604
Stop: 8487
Pyramid Long @ 8540
Break-Out Long @ 8648
Break-Out Long @ 8778

Results:

Trade #1 (GBP8604): Stopped
MFE = +46 pips
MAE = -117
Net P&L = -117 pips

Trade #2 (GBP8540):
MFE = +65 pips
MAE = -53 pips
Net P&L = -53 pips

Trade #2 (GBP8648):
MFE = +2 pips
MAE = -161 pips
Net P&L = -161 pips

Trade #3 (GBP8778):
Not Executed

Trade Accuracy:

Total Set-Ups = 4
Total Executions = 3
Total Trades Successful = 0
Total Trades Failed = 3
Aggregate Trade Accuracy Ratio = 0%

That was nearly five (5) years ago. Have you learned why these trades failed and how to correct the mistakes, or have you given-up on calling out highly successful traders in public, until you learned more about how this business functions?

I've been at this business now, for a total of twelve (12) years - since 1998. I've been online discussing trading, demonstrating live trade calls, producing live trade journals and hopefully inspiring and helping as many "Newbies" as I could along the way to not give up on their dreams of becoming a successful trader.

In twelve (12) years, I've only had two (2) people to call me out like this in public. The first poor soul was on DailyFX. His userid was JohnGFx and he pyramided himself into oblivion in full public view on GBPJPY, while my trade journal (TurbineTrader) during the same period had zero failures.

You were the second poor soul to call me out and likewise, you engaged in more of the same - pyramiding a loss and making a survivable situation, completely catastrophic.

Have a happy and productive trading year for 2011, trader LightHouse! I know that I will. ;) So, much for challenges.

Don't like this price action.

Covered both long trades @ 8589
8604 long -15 pips
8540 long + 49 pips

You could not have possibly "covered" both Long trades because your posts are exactly 7hrs and 43min apart from each other and you were not in the position at the Weekly market open. So, your actual closing position had to have been below 8604, as there was no price action above 8604, subsequent to the Close of the 1200 GMT bar. The GBP8540L did not trigger until the four hour bar in the 1200GMT range.

So, I don't have a clue where you got out - but it most certainly could not have been a full 8hrs prior to the triggering of Trade #2.

I'd say you typed yourself into a pretty little mess that took someone five (5) years to unravel for you. I love coming back YEARS down the road, talking to ghosts, shadowy figures, former loud mouths and former traders. LOL, this is priceless.

People with longevity in this business stick around and can be found years later. A word to the wise and the astute.

Lighthouse..I dont you (personal attack deleted by JumpOff) wouldn't take up the challenge. Dont forget he has to fit trading in with his combat sorties!!!

The only problem with that Zuke, is that its true - but you would not know much about that subject, so why bring it up.

The other problem with people like you, is that you are STILL not half the trader you think you are - or were, as the case maybe.

Who is still standing after all these years? More to the point, who is still thriving in the markets, after all these years? I'm one of them - are you?

Well I think that most of us on this site agree that you just need to rhyme a word with that to decsribe 7th and his little gang.

And, I see that your last post was 2007. So, either you are fat and retired, or you have bigger goals in the financial markets like me and are still doing quite well. Which is it?

Or, are you still in this business to be sure? What you lack in understanding, you more than make-up for in total cluelessness.

Its just about 2011. Got Milk? Still got a trading account?

Re: Words of encouragement

And the beauty of his words is that they make the same amount of sense in any order.[/b]

Well, if they did not make any sense to you, why did not make a post citing precisely where the words made no sense to you? Better yet, instead of foolishly walking head first into a freight train of things you had no possibly way of understanding, why didn't you simply ask intelligent questions like one with a brain?

No - you missed the post where he said he quit corporate life. Well one would wouldn't one, with $18 million!

That was $18MM then and it took better than four (4) years to get there (much longer than I initially anticipated). So, here's the million dollar question for: how much do you think it is today - some eight (8) years combined total?

O'clueless one.

Incredible - only 6 years. It seems like a lifetime he's been around.[/b]

And, in all that time, high-perf traders have jetted right by your position, leaving the naysayers in the Account Balance dust. I still see that you are here, posting drivel about "Stochastics" and "Harry Potter." Yeah, I'm sure that's making you rich beyond your wildest dreams, those Stochs - LOL!

By the way don't mention trends around here - people are very sensiive

Or, maybe just more enlightened - to the point of realizing the ethereal nature and the difference between historical trends and future projections. But, I already know that such a distinction, while being rather pre-school'ish, was a bit too much over your head almost five (5) years ago.

Have you matured any since then? Ya know - developed your brain a bit. Cheerio, and all that mate, Mr. Charlatan.

Let's see if we can get back to the part where Lighthouse posts trades (if and when he feels it is appropriate). Then we can ask questions and give comments about those trades.
JO

Yes! Five (5) years later, lets see if he still has an account to trade with. I'm all for that kind of action.

Oh, I just love these annual re-visits. They are SO revealing. Eye opening, really. Not to mention, massively amusing. :LOL:

...I st up this thread for the simple purpose of exchanging trades.

No you did not. You set-up this thread AFTER I LEFT, thinking that I would not return. Had you been paying attention in class, you would have noticed that I ALWAYS make an annual visit to check-up on those that WERE Newbies and are No More! Sometimes, I make two or more visits per year. I like to make the rounds as much as possible, but my time is not what it used to be for online trading forums and I have spend WAY too much time on Political Forums (mostly because they are sooooooo frustrating in an strangely interesting kind of way), but I don't even have as much time for that online activity like I used to.

Now, where are YOU in all this? Have you improved since that last trade you made almost five (5) years ago, because if you have not, then I suspect you might not be in this business anymore.

I'm here to stay - always have been and always will be. Trading is my business - that's what I do, and that's why after all these years, I'm still just around the corner.

...after 2 posts I get a whole load of abuse from somebody on his first post ever.

That's Bull. Hyper-Bull.

Five (5) years ago, you got precisely what those lame duck trolls provided me inside my thread. Back then my thread was for final pre-production public testing and for educational/inspirational purposes only, just like I said in my very first post. I made it crystal clear to people precisely what I was doing. Still, the trolls came out in full bloom sporting their true colors as obstructionists and maintainers of that which was most irrelevant to my thread. And, you were clearly one of them - proclaiming that it was impossible to unite concepts taken from Physics (given your Cambridge Education) with the Financial Markets, which is exactly what I had done at the time.

Today, that same trading system is far beyond where it was five (5) years ago - and it was pretty darn good back then. But, of course, the idjots could not help themselves. So, where are they now?

I posted my trade.

You simple minded little man. Five (5) years ago, you did not understand that I had been there and already done that before - LONG before you even learned how to spell Forex, most likely. I was doing live trades before live trades were called "live trades," my confused little friend.

And, you sat here (5 years ago) grounded in the hope that your ONE trade was somehow illuminating of something worthy of my participation? Unbelievable madness. I see, as usual, that in my absence, trolls change precious little.

Where are the Trolls now? Proclaiming this can't be done, that can't be done, this is impossible, that's impossible, he'll blow-out his account if he does this, or if he does that, etc., ad nauseam, etc., ad nauseam, etc.

There's an old saying in this business: Time will tell who sticks around and time will tell who wins the Crown.

Where are the old Traders, who were so belligerent inside my thread? I'm no talking about Website Administrators, whose job is to maintain Forums and/or keep the post count high to give the allusion that the board is "active." No, I want to know where those naysaying boneheads are, who perpetually put their foot-in-mouth, proclaiming that I was selling something. Where are those myopic fellows these days, huh?

Like I said, I just LUV these drop-in visits, years later. ;) I wonder what 2012 will bring, since so many phony traders (trolls) have seemed to drop like flies between 2005 and 2011.

I think this was worth repeating: Time will tell who sticks around and time will tell who wins the Crown.

Deliciously poetic and refreshingly delightful to the ear drums. A word to the wise and the astute, no doubt. :cool:

Time - the great equalizer. :D