Best Thread 55000 % in ONE month !

if only conditions were perfect all the time!

That's a very important point.

Conditions are always perfect when your specific set up arrives. Even if you're trade doesn't work out your trade will still be flawless. Conditions are never great when your set up isn't there. If you trade and make a killing your trade will be classed as a gamble.

LT

That's a very important point.

Conditions are always perfect when your specific set up arrives. Even if you're trade doesn't work out your trade will still be flawless. Conditions are never great when your set up isn't there. If you trade and make a killing your trade will be classed as a gamble.

LT

Conditions/setups are rarely perfect IMO. They can be good-very good, but the outcome is never guaranteed. At the end of the day you have to trust a setup and give it a try if you want to gain anything, but the setups conditons almost always seem as though they could have been better in some way.

Reactions: BSD
Im guessing Magellan uses no more than a 2-3 pip stop loss, and will grab similar size profits as and when price pauses, on a 10 second chart.........on eurusd for example. If price moves in is favour quickly, he will obviously try to grab as many pips as possible...

Quickfire stuff, not for the faint hearted!!

Not bad profit potential if trading with a 1 pip spread with ABN AMRO (if the spread in the market is 1 pips that is - as abns spreads are not fixed), instant executions, and you can compound profits and build up to trading 50 lots/5 million units max trade size ($500 per pip!), and ABNAMRO say they dont care how many trades one does per day.

Last edited:
Im guessing Magellan uses no more than a 2-3 pip stop loss, and will grab similar size profits as and when price pauses, on a 10 second chart.........on eurusd for example. If price moves in is favour quickly, he will obviously try to grab as many pips as possible...

Totally right J, that is pretty much exactly what he said on the German board somewhere.

Real heavy duty momentum scalping.

:D

Totally right J, that is pretty much exactly what he said on the German board somewhere.

Real heavy duty momentum scalping.

:D

I might have a go at it on an abn amro demo account.;)

I dont think there will be all that much that magellan can explain to us about his method really, as although i suspect he does look for some 10 second chart patterns, a large part will come down to discretion/intuition, as he tries to get in a rythm with the market....

Btw, not that I've ever been in a pit, but that is how I imagine many of those locals scalped, they saw the orders come in, heard the noise and the body language etc, and just hopped on board for whatever ride presented itself.

Btw, not that I've ever been in a pit, but that is how I imagine many of those locals scalped, they saw the orders come in, heard the noise and the body language etc, and just hopped on board for whatever ride presented itself.

One would need to have and be able to maintain a really sharp and deciseive mindset for this type of trading. Regular breaks would also be a necessity. 8 hours of straight trading i would think would be a definate no no!!

Conditions/setups are rarely perfect IMO. They can be good-very good, but the outcome is never guaranteed. At the end of the day you have to trust a setup and give it a try if you want to gain anything, but the setups conditons almost always seem as though they could have been better in some way.

If you're taking perfect in the literal sense then I agree, you'll never catch the very top tick or bottom tick of the market with full position sizing. What I was refering to was that if you're trading with a plan, your trading is sound/perfect, if you're not trading with a plan, go to Las Vegas, it's a much more entertaining way to lose your money in the long run.

LT

One would need to have and be able to maintain a really sharp and deciseive mindset for this type of trading.

Yup, although I do think it can become mechanical at some point.

You see it go up, you go long. You see it start to pause, you go out. You see it go down, you short. Etc. And just keep repeating endlessly.

The advantage of being a trader in this day and age is that the physical aspect isn't there any more of earlier trading pit days, having to stand on your feet in one crowded spot the whole day, not really being able to move much, elbows constantly flying in your face, and having to SHOUT the whole day, that must have been exhausting.

You're probably going to get sick of me saying this but make sure you find a way of making a killing that suits your psychology. I don't like scalping, period. It's just about being totally honest with yourself and knowing what you're suited to. (y)

LT

That is very true !

It's got to fit you and your personality, otherwise it won't work.

One would need to have and be able to maintain a really sharp and deciseive mindset for this type of trading. Regular breaks would also be a necessity. 8 hours of straight trading i would think would be a definate no no!!

If one wasn't suited, or one didn't take regular breaks etc. i could foresee them quickly becoming "dazed and confused" by the mesmeric tick action back & forth, entering & exiting without a full sense of why they did so etc...

Well if magellan manages to trade in such a quickfire way on the abn platform he is doing well. Just tried a demo and -

it is very heavy, charts slow to load etc. when change timeframe, uses java
Order ticket is a bit clumsy, would be difficult to enter and exit very quickly without slippage etc.

with candlestick chart option, it will only plot the mid price by defaullt :confused:

The eurusd spread was 1-2 pips in the last 1/2 hour. Not sure what % of the time it is only a 1 pip spread though.

I have found that you need to fiddle around with the preferences a bit and also it is quite sensitive to your net connection settings.

I might be wrong but it looks like Maggie is using Oanda; the screen shots look similar to my Oanda demo account. Except there are far more winning trades :LOL:
If anyone fancies a go to see if they're a born scalper, I can recommend the Oanda platform; its so easy to use, you get instant fills and it puts all the entries / exits up on the chart as you go. The down side is that the connection seems to drop out when things get twitchy.
Might have a go on demo myself just for fun.

Best Regards,
Neil

Is it quick and easy to enter then QUICKLY exit a trade with oanda bansir? i.e. - long - instant fill - 2 seconds - exit long instant fill, (all without having to re-open a new order ticket??)

Opening new order tickets, closing old ones, re-entering position size etc. can add up to a few seconds in delays and diverted attention.
With such small stop losses as used by maggie (2-3 pips) price could easily move beyond your SL b4 you've had chance to re-open the order ticket for a potential exit, just after the entry confirmation.

ABNamro markets ticket system doesn't look the quickest for this. Once entered, a confirm box appears that you have to click ok on to get rid. The order ticket remains open & the position size input entered remains, but you have to remove the checkmark from - eg. the buy to sell circle.

Reactions: tar
Is it quick and easy to enter then QUICKLY exit a trade with oanda bansir? i.e. - long - instant fill - 2 seconds - exit long instant fill, (all without having to re-open a new order ticket??)

Opening new order tickets, closing old ones, re-entering position size etc. can add up to a few seconds in delays and diverted attention.
With such small stop losses as used by maggie (2-3 pips) price could easily move beyond your SL b4 you've had chance to re-open the order ticket for a potential exit, just after the entry confirmation.

ABNamro markets ticket system doesn't look the quickest for this. Once entered, a confirm box appears that you have to click ok on to get rid. The order ticket remains open & the position size input entered remains, but you have to remove the checkmark from - eg. the buy to sell circle.

Hi JT,
The mechanics of order entry on the Oanda / ABN platform are fairly quick.
You click on the buy/sell button and a market order window opens quoting the bid price by default. If you want to sell, you need another button click to select 'sell' in the same window.
As soon as you hit the 'submit' button, your order gets filled usually instantly though not always. You can preselect default order size and stop loss amongst other things so you only have 3 clicks at most to get your order in. You can also keep open the market order window saving one click.
To close an order you can click on the live order listed under the 'Trades' tab then click 'close'. That's the fastest way I've found to close. Someone may have a quicker method though.
When scalping, you may want to also turn off the order confirmation; visually it can get in the way of the price action and uses up another click. Of course, if you do this then you have to trust that the order has gone through. I have found you nearly always get filled at the quoted price. As usual though, when the market is moving quickly you may get filled at a better / worse level than you want. There appears to be no 're-quote' window on Oanda.
When the market gets really choppy, I have found that the connection disappears and you are blanked out until things settle down again. I have had days when this has been quite frequent and it is extremely frustrating.

Just remembered: There is an order reversal option somewhere but I've never used it.

The spread on Eur-Usd in normal market conditions was 1 pip. I seem to remember TRO went on about some firm offering no spread but taking a commission?

Hope the above is accurate. Someone will probably correct me if I'm off the mark (please).

Best Regards,
Neil