50% tax

WTF are you lot moaning for? trading is subjected to capital gains which was cut last year. Stop talking sh*te.

Trading is not capital gains tax .... :smart:

The income we make is taxes under income tax, any accountant should know that - if it's our full time job, it's income tax. :mad:

The income we make is taxes under income tax, any accountant should know that - if it's our full time job, it's income tax. :mad:

No its say the HMRC website if you are speculating (ie calculated guessing) on the direction of the market on your trades then you can claim capital gains. But if you make a near garanteed profit (eg arbing, market making) on each trade then its more likely to be classed as income tax..

I few songs (or excerpts thereof) I'd like to suggest:

"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try"
"You can't always get what you want"
"Nessum Dorma (for ever)"
"Try to remember"

but most appropriately for Ms. Goody, I think has to be the Oompa Loompa song.

please no...?

I kid you not...plenty of life left in the 'corpse of her career' for all the macabre hanger ons...

A musical of Jade Goody’s life is in development, a friend and business partner of the late reality TV star revealed today.

Danny Hayward said that the stage show is only in its "infant stages" but he is planning auditions to cast an actress as the late Big Brother contestant.

One of Goody’s “best men” at her wedding, Hayward told ITN On: "We've got [a musical] coming out in about four months' time and it's going to be the story of her life and we're going to be on the search for who is going to play Jade."

The musical is the latest of a series of projects launched following Goody’s death, at the aged 27, last month.

Diaries chronicling her battle with cervical cancer were published last week, while her former publicist Max Clifford has been in negotiations over a film of her life.

Jade Goody musical is on the way - Times Online

In another 50 years people will look at it as the modern day version of

Enjoy...:cheesy:

If you work for a firm or maybe a prop shop yes... If you trade savings - captial gain. if they tell you they want your trading income to be classed as income then set up a limited company. Anyone being taxed 50% on ALL their income is an idiot.

I few songs (or excerpts thereof) I'd like to suggest:

"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try"
"You can't always get what you want"
"Nessum Dorma (for ever)"
"Try to remember"

but most appropriately for Ms. Goody, I think has to be the Oompa Loompa song.

or who let the dogs out?

If you work for a firm or maybe a prop shop yes... If you trade savings - captial gain. if they tell you they want your trading income to be classed as income then set up a limited company. Anyone being taxed 50% on ALL their income is an idiot.

ok thanks. I do and will work for a prop shop

should have made that clearer ....

.... so if I made 200k NET of business costs, how much would my tax liability be different being a business to a sole trader? Roughly speaking? :whistling

ok thanks. I do and will work for a prop shop

should have made that clearer ....

.... so if I made 200k NET of business costs, how much would my tax liability be different being a business to a sole trader? Roughly speaking? :whistling

Ball park...

Company - 42k
Sole Trader - 75k

Physical purchase of equities for position trading - Capital Gains - 36k

dont think your charges for trades will be classes as tax deductable for company tbh.... grey area.