2nd of September was the day!

No need to place sovereign between teeth to test flavour and weight.

Be an opportunity for a new gadget. Add an Application-Detector onto your ipod+scale and make a mint - pun intended... :cheesy:

Give the 'Theres an App for that' crowd a chance, you'll have one sooner than you think.

I am more a fan of 'there is a sub for that' mind you. :eek:

Give the 'Theres an App for that' crowd a chance, you'll have one sooner than you think.

I am more a fan of 'there is a sub for that' mind you. :eek:

I Expect Gold to drift off a bit, I am looking at a Cable trade, short GBP, over the next day or two, will post on the Break Out man thread in Forex, if any interested.

Many are clutching to the inflation-adjusted gold price chart with glee.

I'd like to add weight to their hope by introducing another correlation- "LED ZEPPELIN-ADJUSTED GOLD" You see, when the mighty Zep were reaching their peak, gold was at all-time highs. After the split in 1980, gold tanked and stagnated for 20 odd years, however speculation of the band reforming supported the price, culminating in the O2 gig. Traders are now pricing in a full Led Zep reformation, which should happen anyday now.

Be warned though. If Led Zeppelin don't get back together. Just like there seems to be no sign of inflation, it could get messy for the boys at "cashmygold.com".:)

gold could turn into a bit of a runaway market here like oil last year.. probably fall like oil did to once it is done

There's been articles floating about talking about gold having been an isolated market for a while. Wonder whats driving up the price? As gen said we're talking tonnage here. Can't see Jim from down the road's 1050 bid being the driving force.

There's been articles floating about talking about gold having been an isolated market for a while. Wonder whats driving up the price? As gen said we're talking tonnage here. Can't see Jim from down the road's 1050 bid being the driving force.

Mainstream is getting involved ...on Sky News Last Night with Jim Slater as many seemed to have picked up. annoying as the set ups and runs become more protracted as the dentists start piling in...

N rothschild cant you just admit that you were well wrong? the breakout has occured and you would be stupid if you cannot see it.

but i do agree, that now that mainstream is getting more involved it does worry a little, initially they will cause mass panic speculative buying, like what happened with oils run up to $147, but yes, eventually it could come crashing back down. but i think gold will get to $1200-$1300 at least before any big crash.

ok mr 2 posts.. i may have been wrong about it breaking all time highs..but i think its a bit soon to say if my long term view is wrong, dont you?

Haha Mr 2 posts!:)

I wasn't surprised by the new highs. The whole market was talking up doomsday scenarios and inflation. As soon as the new highs were taken out- Bloomberg and all the newspapers start placing it higher on the agenda. I've actually seen people asking about how to invest on other blogs. There is also the 'cashtogold' adverts, which ironically are airing frequently on 'Comedy Central'.

I agree that we will go into oil territory. 1100, 1200, 1500. As long as it takes for the dollar to turn or a bank to collapse. The market is placed as it was pre-crunch/pre- 2008 plunge, where bad news is ignored and corrections are minimal. It always takes some drastic change of mindset.

Speculators are now close to record long in futures on euro and gold so if you add the retail/pension funds that are about to pounce, it sets up another margin call down draft.

I do agree that gold is back in favour due to instability/mistrust but the inflation premium is pricing something that may be 2-5yrs down the road. It's also at major risk from a dollar recovery.

I think there is a fundamental difference. Oil is needed for the world to operate. This demand for gold is based purely on speculation... of what I'm not sure. This risk averse trade is becoming more and more risky the further we get above the historical high no matter what inflation adjusting calcs you can come up with. If it says $1100 it's $1100 and that's all that matters IMO. You could argue the same inflation arguement with 80's oil but the 147 still snapped back.

Plus dollar ahsn't really done anything but shrug off the post collapse gains it made. If 74 goes then it's time to start worrying

If you think about it technically. If the dollar turned, which is overdue, gold would target $1000 for support, where bids would be. ((Just like Oil at $100)). But a break there, with the added players would see a run to 800 easy with the added panic.

Nobody could forsee the Lehman event. What's not to say that a similar event could occur now amidst the lack in transparency? More so than ever, capital would flee.

Gold would be a haven, but the paper money would disappear as people tried to pull profit from gold.

N rothschild you think number of posts makes you knowledgeable?
you funny guy. i have been a gold bull since $400 and smiling politely :D

I Expect Gold to drift off a bit, I am looking at a Cable trade, short GBP, over the next day or two, will post on the Break Out man thread in Forex, if any interested.

Long gold, long dollar :S

I'm curious to know why you think both of these plays will work together even in the short term with the kind of news that's out?