200 Moving average importance

how can we use the MA bcz i dnt know about it how to use it.how can we get the benifite of MA in 30 minys of chart.i am waiting for your good advice.

Evergreen1, Can you pls PM me? Really difficult putting across useful trading ideas on the forum.....Loads of 'backtrackers' around who will always find fault with a trading idea..they forget there is no absolute truth in the markets. Pls PM me. thanks

The 34 EMA, 55 EMA combined with the 200 SMA. That is the killer MA combination. The big guns wont tell you this secret. Try this on th 15min or 10min chart and watch with amazement how prices hit these levels!! Test this guys and lets discuss it.

(34 and 55 are Fibo numbers)

Nothing obvious on EURUSD.

how could you laugh at someone else technic if it works for them?

I'll tell you some reasons why a lot of stuff often is summarily dismissed on this and similar forums.

1. It's SPAM for some B grade trading chat room.

2. Terms like 'it works for me' are thrown around with abandon. No argument is supplied as to why it allegedly "works". And no evidence is supplied that is does "work".

3. Supposing that the advocate of the "method" has made some money over some period and is genuine in their beliefs, it is more than likely that they just got lucky and the method was suited to the market conditions at the time. Market conditions change.

4. Bland statements such as the "X period MA with a Y period MA" are the keys to trading success are laughably inadequate. On what instruments ? Over what timeframe ? Entries ? Exits ? etc etc

All of dcraigs arguments are correct for the 200 ma.

They are not correct, however, for the 189 sma. It has almost miraculous accuracy applied to any timeframe and especially to a 35 or 89 tick chart.

Note: re Gamma's troof. Personally I'd take the 21 ... a short term trader's dream ma.

I'll tell you some reasons why a lot of stuff often is summarily dismissed on this and similar forums.

1. It's SPAM for some B grade trading chat room.

2. Terms like 'it works for me' are thrown around with abandon. No argument is supplied as to why it allegedly "works". And no evidence is supplied that is does "work".

3. Supposing that the advocate of the "method" has made some money over some period and is genuine in their beliefs, it is more than likely that they just got lucky and the method was suited to the market conditions at the time. Market conditions change.

4. Bland statements such as the "X period MA with a Y period MA" are the keys to trading success are laughably inadequate. On what instruments ? Over what timeframe ? Entries ? Exits ? etc etc

1. I don't blame you to think that way, but forum is a public place and that's what it is, the good stuffs take only a small percentage of the whole forum.

2, 3, 4. So that's why you laugh at anyone throwing out an idea? I'd think the more appropriate behaviors should be either
Ignore
Ask for more clarification about what he/she is saying
Discuss with a more appropriate tone​

Laughing / bashing just scare off new people, make them more hesitate to post, but have no effect on spammers. So what's the point? To show off your intelligence?

About this particular thread, throw out one of your technical indicator or a particular technique and I'll make a laugh out of it

Last edited:
1. I don't blame you to think that way, but forum is a public place and that's what it is, the good stuffs take only a small percentage of the whole forum.

2, 3, 4. So that's why you laugh at anyone throwing out an idea? I'd think the more appropriate behaviors should be either
Ignore
Ask for more clarification about what he/she is saying
Discuss with a more appropriate tone​

Laughing / bashing just scare off new people, make them more hesitate to post, but have no effect on spammers. So what's the point? To show off your intelligence?

About this particular thread, throw out one of your technical indicator or a particular technique and I'll make a laugh out of it

Well said cpngtw! I have been a member of this forum for a year, and i have been trading for three years but i hardly post anything on this forum just because of 'all knowing traders' on the forum. This topic about the 200MA was suppose to generate a healthy discussion amongst us. What is the point of some guys just trying to be sacarstic??

It's a matter of perspective. You want to trade with the trend, and the MA you use defines which trend you want to profit from. The specific MA in general doesn't matter, but it helps of everybody else uses the same one so it has the possibility to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

i think you should use whatever works for you. It's all well and good to use someone else's suggestions, the problem arises when you don't fully understand the workings of a spesific system.

If you develop your own strategies and systems, you will gain cofidence to place trades and identify up - down - sideways markets

I personally draw lines from trough to trough, and lines from peak to peak. when these lines are broken by eod prices i prepare to trade on the pullback (i.e. on the pullback to the recently broken line). i also use a 200 sma to gauge generall sentiment towards a currency pair, and find that the trades with greater chance of success, are those wich mirror the direction of the 200 sma.