20 Years Worth of Historical Data

the_trader_07

Hello,
Can anyone help me locate a website that offers 20 years worth of Forex historical data on the major pairs?

I've found websites that give data for the UK 00:00 gmt to 00:00 gmt open/close and the NY 17:00 est to 17:00 est open/close.

What I'm looking for is site that has historical data that has a NY 00:00 est to 00:00 est open close.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

- Trader 07

The problem with what you are asking for is that it isn't really market convention. In the interbank markets the trading day for FX basically flips over when NY go home for the evening and Asia come in. And as the data comes from the interbank market ultimately, that's how it tends to be packaged.

But that's ok as you are more likely to want to be in tune with what everyone else is looking at anyway right? Just go for the 17:00 NY data. No benefit to be gained from doing midnight to midnight, trust me (and think about it - why would midnight have any relevance at all?)

GJ

The problem with what you are asking for is that it isn't really market convention. In the interbank markets the trading day for FX basically flips over when NY go home for the evening and Asia come in. And as the data comes from the interbank market ultimately, that's how it tends to be packaged.

But that's ok as you are more likely to want to be in tune with what everyone else is looking at anyway right? Just go for the 17:00 NY data. No benefit to be gained from doing midnight to midnight, trust me (and think about it - why would midnight have any relevance at all?)

GJ

Thanks for the reply. With so much conflicting information on the web, it's hard to decide. I just figured I'd run comparisons with them all.

Hello,
Can anyone help me locate a website that offers 20 years worth of Forex historical data on the major pairs?

I've found websites that give data for the UK 00:00 gmt to 00:00 gmt open/close and the NY 17:00 est to 17:00 est open/close.

What I'm looking for is site that has historical data that has a NY 00:00 est to 00:00 est open close.

- Trader 07

Be careful - if you want to use this data in order to build/test system you can have problems. Difference in prices is too big. Together with friends we are creating systems and some of them can be 30% more or less profitable on different chart data(different platforms)

Be careful - if you want to use this data in order to build/test system you can have problems. Difference in prices is too big. Together with friends we are creating systems and some of them can be 30% more or less profitable on different chart data(different platforms)

That could just indicate you are over optimising your systems.

more likely it means they're using either poor data, OR (and this is more likely) ridiculously short timeframes for their trading. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I Can Be Of Assistance

Hello, i may not be able to give the solution as requested by you but if your requested is based on trading formula that works i think have a solution.
Thanks

Hello,

- Trader 07