>20 pips a day

To all,

I REALLY appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

I decided, as most of you recommended, to keep it quit and trade my own account.

This way I do not need to report to anyone, deal with clients, editors, all the legal requirements, etc.

I can trade whenever I want to and play golf/ski/beach, when ever I like to.

Thank you all again and good luck with your trading.

Tzachi.

Q for Verno

Verno said:
Tzachi,

You can't setup a hedge fund as the size you would need to trade in order to make returns on a 100m or 1bn portfolio would move the market. In addition with large size you cannot simply get in and out quickly, especially if trades go against you.

Verno

Verno, I find your answer interesting, could you elaborate a bit on this? I e, more precisely, at what size does one seriously start to move the market, as well as getting serious trouble getting in and out quickly (/slippage)?

Jay

Jay, I think the precise size that affects a market will depend on the particular market. The only reason I mentioned it was because Tzachi was talking about potentially setting up a hedge fund but trading in and out for 20 pips. FX is a cash market so it operates slightly differently to a futures market. Lets say you have 100m, in FX the size of the bid and ask might be 10m by 50m. So to executre precisely is difficult. Additionally after you trade in and out on 100m a couple of times, your market maker might expect it and try to back off slightly?

Its very difficult for me to provide an answer without knowing what markets you are talking about. Generally however anyone who is investing for themselves (unless they are Buffet) will not have a problem with size and getting filled.

Tzachi said:
Does anyone would like me to post my live trades of this system ?
Let me know via pm or email to: [email protected]

Tzachi.

You can post here if you like at least you will get the experience of exposing yourself as a Trader to full critique of a public audience probing you for knowledge ,but dont take it personally. It may possibly have an effect on you and your results.

jd

2o Pipes A Days Is A Joke Too If It S The Goal. 20 Pipe In 1 Hour ,yes You Can Present The Idea You Ll Lose Nothing.

20 pips a day is a brilliant return!
If you were trading a minimal 5 pounds a point you would be making more than the u.k average wage.The only question is how much stress , capital risk and draw down is involved.
But bear in mind what jsd said earlier

Gamma with forex, watch the breakouts from the last weeks, yeaterdays high low , place buy/sell orders 5 pips away and your on a road to sucsess.

Historical charts show how profitable these trades are .

Gamma with forex, watch the breakouts from the last weeks, yeaterdays high low , place buy/sell orders 5 pips away and your on a road to sucsess.

Historical charts show how profitable these trades are .

Thanks tomtom,
I have my own trading strategy which is swing based, but essence of the Tzachi post is a very good one, i.e aiming for a set amount of points every day.

Your welcome Gamma M8 ,
Personley I dont aim for x amount of pips per day , I only trade when a breakout of a range occours, with a slightly increased risk stratogy this results on less work for maximum gain.
I do have a ££££ per month target, but not daily as this puts preasure to trade = unnececery risk= losses ect ect

Hi all,

What would you do if you have a trading system that generates constantly at least 20- 30 pips a day ?

Will you sell signal? (marketing, deal with clients, etc…)
Will you establish a hedge fund? (legal requirements, raising funds, clients…)
Or will you be quite, trade your own account and accumulate your fortune?

Tzachi.

20-20 pts per day can make someone very rich, very quicly. Why not trade it yourself and select a few others to trade it with you and take a cut of their profits?

This thread has suddenly come alive after 3 years !
Tzachi's last post was July 2005
However I have sent him an email to see if he is still alive and doing great
Will let you know

Will let you know

30 Pips a day heh. I wrote this in my Dream Book (I have a Dream Wish List book where I write things I want to happen in the future, Cosmic Ordering, Law of Attraction, Millionaire's Mind, that kind of thing). This was about 4 months ago or so.

Now, I average out about 30 pips a day. On a good day, around 50+, on a poor day about 5+. Scalping is the answer (2 hour trading a day, one in the morning when uk banks open and one in the afternoon when USA banks open, gmt time). I minute time frame. eurusd. my spreadbetting platform spread 1 point makes this possible on 1 minute charts for eurusd. Average of about 30 trades within those 2 hours.

Doubled my money in about 6 days of trading with a very conservative money management (risking only 1-2% of capital per trade).

I am looking for someone who's an experienced trader to share strategies and methods with, as I want to move my scalping method up a time-frame (to 5 minutes and more) and to a different market/pair/share, at the moment I can not quite figure out a higher time frames for it. Also the experienced trader to become a mentor as well. I have been trading for over 11 years now, I know basic programming (as my method involves simple my own indicators), optimising, pro-back testing, a huge array of indicators and their formulas. I will be a worthy apprentice.

So if you are an experienced trader, know your platforms, tools, and time-frames, It would be an honour to share experience with you and brainstorm on how we can improve the strategy I have, as well as to learn from you, and to Create with you whatever our minds will design.

My ultimate dream is my own platform (at the moment, this may change of course), and an International Trading School, the students using the platform and the best students who are interested becoming fund managers with some intensive training and help. It would be incredibly difficult to do this on my own, hence I am looking for people to help.

Let me know!
My email is ([email protected]):D

20 pips? That's all? :)

Hi all,

What would you do if you have a trading system that generates constantly at least 20- 30 pips a day ?

Tzachi.

Why bother in this market condition? 20 pips is better than 20 pips lost but why only reach for 20 when you can catch 1000 or more!?

Will let you know

As yet no response to my email - maybe he fell under a bus or something ?

why dont you test your system on here,sending signals to show us how effective your system can be!!

you may send signals for few weeks to check if your system will work or not

Hi all,

Tzachi.

Very interesting question :LOL: