2-pip GBPUSD spread

CME Globex Gbpusd

Hi

what are the typical order book spreads for GBPUSD on CME globex during the UK trading session (0800-1600 UK time)?

As a rule, i never trade 10-mins before, or until at least 10 mins after relevant economic news.
Typically, how wide can the spreads be around/10 mins after relevant UK/USA economic news releases?

Also, typically, how many contracts can be bought/sold at the narrowest spread price (i.e. the price at the top of the bid/ask column of the order book, without having to grab some contracts from the 2nd/3rd placed price on the order book - thus paying a wider spread)?

Thanks a lot.

ah!... that name rings a bell... have they sorted out the FSA bit yet? I mean.. who regulates them?

No, i don't see the point of using an non-SB bucket shop, over an SB bucket shop. Both have the potential to offer a dubious service. Therefore i'd rather go with the tax free option for as long as possible. Once one starts playing silly buggars, move onto the next SB.

I have a futuresbetting account, and they seem like a strong option as there is NO manipulation whatever. I have yet to trade from it though, as the margin requirements are steeper than elsewhere.

If a broker says they will let you trade with a 1 pip spread and no commissions on GBPUSD , you should expect lots of problems and, if you are a good short term trader, expect to be stopped.

No broker is going to allow people to scalp GBPUSD all day long with a 1 pip spread and no commission. It is not their fault: it just cannot be done. Realise that, forget about it, trade with 3 pip spreads and try to make money. Don't waste your time.

But I tried & I pay only 1 pip spread :LOL: