100% and all that.............

That fella sort of got what he deserved because of his risk managment, or lack of it, plus the size of his ego didn't help.

Odds on if it had continued all we would have heard about was 'another 100% profit' and then 'another 100% profit' all said in about 15,000 words.

Look at the thread, he wrote so many posts but never actually said anything useful, but of course '100% profit' and 'last had a losing trade when Maggie invaded the Falklands' was mentioned many many times.

And by the way I was one who made a small comment about his dog, but only to ask if it was actually a dog or a pet rat - tried to get him to bite but it didn't work :)

PS. Like one of the posters has alread said, give it a few weeks/months and they'll be some other self proclaimed superstar only too willing to sprout non-risk adjusted spiel.

I am happy with my methodology and was not looking to this thread to modify it. Or to go for 100%!

I like to find out about other trading styles as a point of interest. Especially as what the op was looking at was very different to the usual Type of TA on this site.

I have heard on several occasions that when dealing in Japenese markets it is good to have an understanding of Ichimoku because it is so widely used in Japan.

I do feel as though my interest was cut short by the members who would not let him talk. Also I am a great believer in give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves, that is if there is nothing of value in his words. Also I checked out his blog, he seemed quite genuine and established for several years without trying to sell anything.

I am happy with my methodology and was not looking to this thread to modify it. Or to go for 100%!

I like to find out about other trading styles as a point of interest. Especially as what the op was looking at was very different to the usual Type of TA on this site.

I have heard on several occasions that when dealing in Japenese markets it is good to have an understanding of Ichimoku because it is so widely used in Japan.

I do feel as though my interest was cut short by the members who would not let him talk. Also I am a great believer in give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves, that is if there is nothing of value in his words. Also I checked out his blog, he seemed quite genuine and established for several years without trying to sell anything.

You have expressed yourself exactly as I would have liked to put it, myself. I, personally believe that he was riduculed as part of a rat pack desire for diversion, Each post trying to outdo the previous one for its cleverness. When this state of affairs escalates too far it, usually, ends in the monitors editing some of it. This time it was not necessary. OP walked away and I don't blame him.

I'm surprised people are still talking about this in the terms they are. Black Swan and others have said it how it is - he walked away because he was rumbled.

I suppose people are just desperate to believe.

You have expressed yourself exactly as I would have liked to put it, myself. I, personally believe that he was riduculed as part of a rat pack desire for diversion, Each post trying to outdo the previous one for its cleverness. When this state of affairs escalates too far it, usually, ends in the monitors editing some of it. This time it was not necessary. OP walked away and I don't blame him.

agreed

non-mainstream ideas are not tolerated well here and it is much easier to join a pack of detractors than to question them

still - I think it is fair to call things 'nonsense' if you can present a case for them being nonsense.

most cannot do this and so they revert to calling people retards which in the process actually loses the argument for them, although their co-bully peers don't see this.

ulitmately, argument in the sense we have it in western culture, is not about presenting an argument to sway someone's opinion. It is not about learning and discovery of new ideas. It is about being right and feeding your ego. It is very rare to sway someone's opinion with argument because that is not what argument is used for.

ulitmately, argument in the sense we have it in western culture, is not about presenting an argument to sway someone's opinion. It is not about learning and discovery of new ideas. It is about being right and feeding your ego. It is very rare to sway someone's opinion with argument because that is not what argument is used for.

Now this statement is more interesting than most of the threads on t2w.

I get the sense that no-one's opinion is really changed by reading this website, be it a beginner or an old pro.. it's more that we absorb the occasional idea and perhaps subconsciously implement it when faced with deterioration in our trading results.

I have picked up some useful stuff on t2w over time but for the most part I'm on this website as a means of passing the time.. is that wrong?

Few interactions on here humbled me a bit. I'm a better person for it. Who'd of thunk that can happen over the I-net.

I find myself strangely compelled to visit this website, although it's hard to know why. Maybe it's egotism, the thought that other people are reading what I type. Maybe this is why most people post here?

Stop trying to intellectualise your I-net addiction. If it was ego you'd be on Facebook. You're here because you love us like we love you.

The wife is on Facebook but I've got no interest. I'm on Linkedin and that's enough for me.

Very bored. Anyone know if there's any data coming out later?

Nah, today's a very quiet day... Nothing whatsover going on. Some utterly insignificant number at 1:30 or arnd there, if memory serves.