Trend following not working on my 7,000 backtests !

This is a discussion on Trend following not working on my 7,000 backtests ! within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Joe, they won't place a trade because they don't want to contribute..thats the bottom line imo i'm thinking of bailing ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:45pm   #61

Joined Oct 2015
Joe, they won't place a trade because they don't want to contribute..thats the bottom line imo

i'm thinking of bailing myself, getting nothing out of this

you noticed my posts have going down?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:32pm   #62
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
Joe, they won't place a trade because they don't want to contribute..thats the bottom line imo

i'm thinking of bailing myself, getting nothing out of this

you noticed my posts have going down?
I believe they don't put money on it because they already know it doesn't work. The reason for their insisting it works is for ulterior motives. With our spammer friend here, it's easy to see he's just pumping for the blogger who claims it works. The blogger blogs because the return is greater from blogging than from trading. Essentially he can't trade.

You would be wise to bail. The cost of getting to a point where it can produce a return is beyond anything people can imagine. But you would not have done worst than others, 99% of whom lose.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:08pm   #63
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
I believe they don't put money on it because they already know it doesn't work. The reason for their insisting it works is for ulterior motives. With our spammer friend here, it's easy to see he's just pumping for the blogger who claims it works. The blogger blogs because the return is greater from blogging than from trading. Essentially he can't trade.

You would be wise to bail. The cost of getting to a point where it can produce a return is beyond anything people can imagine. But you would not have done worst than others, 99% of whom lose.
do you trade for a living then Joe? i cant recall you saying anything about it, or are you employed? ( I am the latter)
Kaeso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:20pm   #64
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
do you trade for a living then Joe? i cant recall you saying anything about it, or are you employed? ( I am the latter)
I am for fun. But I believe for living is possible.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:30pm   #65
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
I am for fun. But I believe for living is possible.
For fun? Does that imply you are gambling?
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:48pm   #66
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
For fun? Does that imply you are gambling?
No, it implies the size isn't sufficient for living.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:53pm   #67
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
No, it implies the size isn't sufficient for living.
Okay, I just thought it was odd to use the word fun next to trading for a living.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:16pm   #68
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Okay, I just thought it was odd to use the word fun next to trading for a living.
I find it odd you say that. I genuinely find trading fun. When I was young, I played endless computer and physical games. Now the only game I play is trading. It's great fun. The game depth and sophistication is amazing and beyond anything I previously played.

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Nov 13, 2017 at 10:22pm.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:33pm   #69
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
I find it odd you say that. I genuinely find trading fun. When I was young, I played endless computer and physical games. Now the only game I play is trading. It's great fun. The game depth and sophistication is amazing and beyond anything I previously played.
I enjoy the research aspect but dont find anything enjoyable in looking at charts or entering and managing trades. It's probably good I am thia way because when emotions are involved you tend to overlook information, well I do.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:10pm   #70
Joined Oct 2015
Its interesting that you called it fun that really made me think.

I do enjoy trading when I am trading well..but i enjoy it like i'm enjoying work, because i do it like its a job (not an easy one!)
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:30am   #71
Joined Apr 2016
Well, I am definitely not doing it like a job. I know of no job, even those that I liked and did them for fun, required me to do nothing and still paid me. Trading is lulz.
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:59pm   #72
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Well, I am definitely not doing it like a job. I know of no job, even those that I liked and did them for fun, required me to do nothing and still paid me. Trading is lulz.
Its become mostly a business for me. Still fun but I am in it for the money now.
Traderjohnsblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:45pm   #73
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Oh I see, so trading is a bit of a laugh to you, you do nothing and get paid. It sounds great!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:59pm   #74
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
Oh I see, so trading is a bit of a laugh to you, you do nothing and get paid. It sounds great!
I generally laugh after 10pm, not before.