Trading the Indices with Algorithms

This is a discussion on Trading the Indices with Algorithms within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; [QUOTE=Cyberraul;2973718] Originally Posted by Cyberraul I don't Trust automation , I like to see how prices interact with price support ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:29pm   #9
Joined Oct 2017
Cyberraul started this thread [QUOTE=Cyberraul;2973718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberraul View Post
I don't Trust automation , I like to see how prices interact with price support levels and often make my decisions based on that... I don't think robots will ever replace humans, another good reason for me is that humans are very competitive animals ! Kind of like working out , working out at home by yourself is often boring, when you get in a more competive enviorement , then it becomes fun ...Trading I find myself I do better when trading with others.... Or shooting pool , when shooting pool with myself , I don't often feel motivated to be my best, however when shooting pool with excellent players, and push myself to the limit to be my best , trading for me is like that , trading alone or automated is often boring, but the human interaction of competition seeing our accounts grow together , and the comraredie ,alone is worth the effort.... When trading was 8am-4:15pm things were different, now with the advent of 24 hours trading you really need a team effort in order to make the amount of money that I have my goals set on .......
Cyberraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:33pm   #10
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
you really need a team effort in order to make the amount of money that I have my goals set on .......
How much would that be ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:52pm   #11
Joined Oct 2017
Using bracket order on Sunday open

Cyberraul started this thread After being closed for two days there are often trade imbalances , here is an example of this technique by using bracket orders last Sunday 8-1-17 on the NQ
Attached Thumbnails
nq-sunday-8-10-17.png  

Last edited by Cyberraul; Oct 8, 2017 at 8:59pm.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:54pm   #12
Joined Oct 2017
Cyberraul started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
How much would that be ?
5-20k per day
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:09pm   #13
Joined Oct 2017
Cyberraul started this thread This Technique works well on Currencies also , here is an examle of a bracket order being used on the JY last Sunday 's open
Attached Thumbnails
jy-bracket-order-sunday.png  
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:15pm   #14

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
I don't Trust automation , I like to see how prices interact with price support levels and often make my decisions based on that... I don't think robots will ever replace humans, another rson is humans are very competitive animals ! Kind of like working out , working out at home by yourself is often boring, when you get in a more competive enviorement , then it becomes fun ...Trading I find myself I do better when trading with others.... Or shooting pool , when shooting pool with myself , I don't often feel motivated to be my best, however when shooting pool with excellent players, and pusgh myself to thelime to be my best , trading of rme is like that , trading alone or automated is often boring, but the human interaction of competting seeing our accounts grow , and the comraredie ,alone is worth the effort.... When trading was 8am-4:15pm things were different, now with the advent of 24 hours trading you really need a team effort in order to make the amount of money that I have my goals set on .......
Fair enough... I am a bit opposite, I like boring trading and keep the excitement for my favorite team, which unfortunately has been a disappointment this year so far and really keeps me excited to say the least..

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:17pm   #15
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
5-20k per day
That's the goal. What are your results ? 8 hour sleep should give you 16 trading hours a day currently.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Cyberraul
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:17pm   #16
Joined Oct 2017
Algos let me know how low prices can drop

Cyberraul started this thread Reviewing this weeks trading Range for the Russel ....
In case of a steep drop , I can count on the Algos programmed into may program to let me know ahead of time how low prices can go (Blue Dots ) on this 30 minute Chart from Friday
Attached Thumbnails
russel-30-min-8-10.png