Who knows some adaptive systems that can change strategy depending on the market phas

This is a discussion on Who knows some adaptive systems that can change strategy depending on the market phas within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Who knows some adaptive systems that can change strategy depending on the market phase?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:09am   #1
Joined May 2017
Who knows some adaptive systems that can change strategy depending on the market phas

Who knows some adaptive systems that can change strategy depending on the market phase?
JIANGZUOXIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:13am   #2
Joined Feb 2002
What does phase mean in your question? Can you post charts that show what you mean?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:58pm   #3
Joined May 2003
tomorton - Look up work by ehlers.

JIANGZUOXIAN - Have a look at http://www.icindertrader.com/
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:56am   #4
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranQ View Post
tomorton - Look up work by ehlers.

JIANGZUOXIAN - Have a look at http://www.icindertrader.com/

Interesting stuff by ehlers but it seems to be just a theory (of market price movement). In practice, there is no conclusive proof that markets behave as he says.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:20am   #5
Joined May 2003
tomorton - I agree with you my friend otherwise Ehlers would be a millionaire from his trading! Yet I can guarantee you that he doesn't trade. I've used his algorithms before. The returns from the systems on his site are no better than other methods.
Markets are cyclic (seasonal) in nature which is why people try to apply all sorts of crazy and impressive algorithms.
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:24am   #6
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranQ View Post
tomorton - I agree with you my friend otherwise Ehlers would be a millionaire from his trading! Yet I can guarantee you that he doesn't trade. I've used his algorithms before. The returns from the systems on his site are no better than other methods.
Markets are cyclic (seasonal) in nature which is why people try to apply all sorts of crazy and impressive algorithms.

Thanks Imran, that's a nice and frank reply.

I'm a sceptic when it comes to market phases and "changes".

I am very unconvinced when traders and teachers say things like their system worked on the EUR/USD in 2015 but it didn't work on the EUR/USD in 2016 because the "market had changed". Markets don't change like that. Price changes, but no system should fail because price goes up and down, that's what price does.

Cheers.
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan