The most profitable trading system

This is a discussion on The most profitable trading system within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; What's the most profitable trading system of yours? How long have you been using it? If you like to share, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:03pm   #1
Joined Apr 2012
The most profitable trading system

What's the most profitable trading system of yours? How long have you been using it?

If you like to share, you can post it here in this thread. If you can't be bothered and it's somewhere else you can provide a link.

I'm mostly interested in simple & profitable systems
metrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:24pm   #2
Joined Feb 2002
I've posted a lot of what I look for in set-ups and entry signals but what sort of trading are you able to do / do you wish to do?

There are countless YouTube clips of systems, some by really respected people, some go into excellent detail.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:21pm   #3

Joined Mar 2004
People charge, even for really crappy systems. And as for a profitable one ? I think you are being a bit hopeful.

I mean what for instance would you be prepared to pay for a consistently profitable system ? If the answer is nothing, then learn programming imho.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:01pm   #4

Joined Aug 2003
Wyckoff interday and intraday: 18 years. All free.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:19pm   #5

Joined Mar 2014
I've been learning to code on prorealtime and have been trying to develop automated trading systems. I've put a few together and back tested them. I have been suprised how profitable even the simplest system can be. This one runs on an H2 chart of the DOW:

DEFPARAM CumulateOrders = False // Cumulating positions deactivated

// Conditions to enter long positions
indicator1 = Momentum[3](close)
c1 = (indicator1 >=100)

IF c1 THEN
BUY 1 PERPOINT AT MARKET
ENDIF

// Stops and targets
SET STOP pLOSS 100
SET TARGET pPROFIT 400

Its still early days and I've not live traded any systems yet but it gives me optimism when I find some sort of edge I can work with.
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:57pm   #6
Joined Apr 2012
metrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
I've posted a lot of what I look for in set-ups and entry signals but what sort of trading are you able to do / do you wish to do?

There are countless YouTube clips of systems, some by really respected people, some go into excellent detail.
So far as it's a profitable one, it doesn't bother me what sort of trading system is used. If you have something you like from YouTube, why don't you post a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
People charge, even for really crappy systems. And as for a profitable one ? I think you are being a bit hopeful.

I mean what for instance would you be prepared to pay for a consistently profitable system ? If the answer is nothing, then learn programming imho.
There are some profitable traders who don't mind sharing. I can't see how can learning programming help me if I don't have a profitable system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
Wyckoff interday and intraday: 18 years. All free.
Thanks db, I'll have a look. Have you been profitable all that time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
I've been learning to code on prorealtime and have been trying to develop automated trading systems. I've put a few together and back tested them. I have been suprised how profitable even the simplest system can be. This one runs on an H2 chart of the DOW:

DEFPARAM CumulateOrders = False // Cumulating positions deactivated

// Conditions to enter long positions
indicator1 = Momentum[3](close)
c1 = (indicator1 >=100)

IF c1 THEN
BUY 1 PERPOINT AT MARKET
ENDIF

// Stops and targets
SET STOP pLOSS 100
SET TARGET pPROFIT 400

Its still early days and I've not live traded any systems yet but it gives me optimism when I find some sort of edge I can work with.
I'm rubbish at programming cb, so unless you show that on a chart I wouldn't know how to use it.
metrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:51pm   #7

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrader View Post
I'm rubbish at programming cb, so unless you show that on a chart I wouldn't know how to use it.
It just gives a buy signal when a momentum indicator (set to 3 periods) is greater than 100, basically you're jumping in a trade after a huge green bar. Your stop is 100 points and your target 400. I'll post the back test results tomorrow if anybody's interested
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:51pm   #8
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
I could show,you one but if you are not proficient at trading you will not still be profitable ......and on top,of that the system has to align to,your trading style and personality

That's why this business takes time and effort to,succeed in ....and why so,many fail in the journey

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote