The most profitable trading system

This is a discussion on The most profitable trading system within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by metrader Obviously that 'small premium' would affect overall profit (there are 140 losing trades, so 140 'small ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:06pm   #17
Joined Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrader View Post
Obviously that 'small premium' would affect overall profit (there are 140 losing trades, so 140 'small premiums'), but still it could be a simple profitable system if there were no slippages and other kind of shenanigans (rejected entries etc. etc.)
i see now that over 70% of the trades are closed by the stop in this case

i was more thinking about a system that close the trades with market orders and use the guaranteed stop as a catastrophic stop (and no worry over the weekends)
kalott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:05pm   #18
Joined Apr 2012
metrader started this thread Some free trading strategies... if they're any good I wouldn't know - haven't tried them as yet

https://www.whselfinvest.com/en/trad...dingsystem.php
metrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:20pm   #19
Joined Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Drawdown is an important factor to consider when dealing with automation. Nothing over 20% for me. Preferably under 10%.

"IG has only had three
negative revenue days in the last five years "

http://www.iggroup.com/sites/iggroup...lres_jul16.pdf

kalott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:50am   #20
Joined Jul 2016
I am totally new to trading. So, I am much curious to know more about trading system, earning activity and more.
Berrykane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:49am   #21
Joined Sep 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrader View Post
What's the most profitable trading system of yours? How long have you been using it?

If you like to share, you can post it here in this thread... I'm mostly interested in simple & profitable systems
I recently finished developing my own trading system, so with the extra time I now have on my hands, I've just begun making comparisons to other systems that are out there, starting with a 5-Min Forex Scalping Strategy with Parabolic SAR and MACD.

Obviously, I don't yet know how profitable this system is, but I suppose if someone who does sees this post, they can add their comments. At the very least, it does look relatively simple and seems to hold promise.
Will Duxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:03am   #22
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Duxon View Post
I recently finished developing my own trading system, so with the extra time I now have on my hands, I've just begun making comparisons to other systems that are out there, starting with a 5-Min Forex Scalping Strategy with Parabolic SAR and MACD.

Obviously, I don't yet know how profitable this system is, but I suppose if someone who does sees this post, they can add their comments. At the very least, it does look relatively simple and seems to hold promise.
This will not work in the long run. Why? Because it is based on the market acting in a certain way.

The market does not act in a certain way, it acts in numerous ways and if you are serious about trading I suggest your learn the many facets the market present itself and trade it accordingly....Keep in mind the intention of the market is to make it as much confusing as possible, so I suggest you get ready.....GL.
Fugazsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:26am   #23
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
This will not work in the long run. Why? Because it is based on the market acting in a certain way.

The market does not act in a certain way, it acts in numerous ways and if you are serious about trading I suggest your learn the many facets the market present itself and trade it accordingly....Keep in mind the intention of the market is to make it as much confusing as possible, so I suggest you get ready.....GL.
if you build up enough experience and look at specific markets in the correct way .....they are not as confusing as most believe...in fact they are as predictable as hell

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:28am   #24
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Duxon View Post

based on your posts to date Will I think the systems you are developing will kick the cr*p out of this kind of stuff......

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote