The most profitable trading system

This is a discussion on The most profitable trading system within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by metrader So far as it's a profitable one, it doesn't bother me what sort of trading system ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:07pm   #9
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrader View Post
So far as it's a profitable one, it doesn't bother me what sort of trading system is used. If you have something you like from YouTube, why don't you post a link?

Oh yeah, I could post a link. Jeez, I never thought of that. Don't go anywhere, I'll get back to you right away.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:48am   #10
Joined Apr 2012
metrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
It just gives a buy signal when a momentum indicator (set to 3 periods) is greater than 100, basically you're jumping in a trade after a huge green bar. Your stop is 100 points and your target 400. I'll post the back test results tomorrow if anybody's interested
Thanks cb – I understand now. Please do post the results, I'm interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
I could show,you one but if you are not proficient at trading you will not still be profitable ......and on top,of that the system has to align to,your trading style and personality

That's why this business takes time and effort to,succeed in ....and why so,many fail in the journey

N
Thanks NVP – show what you have, so I can see if I can trade it profitably (no harm in trying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Oh yeah, I could post a link. Jeez, I never thought of that. Don't go anywhere, I'll get back to you right away.
Thanks tomo, still waiting...
metrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:51am   #11

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Thanks cb – I understand now. Please do post the results, I'm interested.
Hope this works...
I set initial capital to £5K so £1/pt with 100pt stop is 2% risk.
Attached Thumbnails
screenshot-5-.png   screenshot-6-.png  
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:46pm   #12
Joined Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Hope this works...
I set initial capital to £5K so £1/pt with 100pt stop is 2% risk.
143.17% gain over the period of 4 years and 4 months. That's very good imo. Only things I'm not happy with are max drawdown of £1,805.20 (starting with £5,000) and 14 max consecutive losses – that's tough on the nerves (I don't think I could keep my faith in the system after all that). Also time in the market 52.52%. Overexposed - can't reduce the risk of Black Swans that much.

Anyway it's one of those things you can't avoid if you use automation I suppose. Thanks for the analysis cb
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:58pm   #13

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Thanks for the analysis cb
No Problemo
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:07pm   #14
Joined Jul 2004
Quote:
Also time in the market 52.52%. Overexposed - can't reduce the risk of Black Swans that much.

Anyway it's one of those things you can't avoid if you use automation I suppose. Thanks for the analysis cb
if they can get it to work with prorealtime (proorder) then you dont have to worry about that

"Our new guaranteed stops

Attaching our unique guaranteed stops will put an absolute cap on your potential loss, for a small premium that’s only payable if your stop is triggered."

http://www.ig.com/uk/risk-management
kalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:39pm   #15
Joined Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalott View Post
if they can get it to work with prorealtime (proorder) then you dont have to worry about that

"Our new guaranteed stops

Attaching our unique guaranteed stops will put an absolute cap on your potential loss, for a small premium that’s only payable if your stop is triggered."
Obviously that 'small premium' would affect overall profit (there are 140 losing trades, so 140 'small premiums'), but still it could be a simple profitable system if there were no slippages and other kind of shenanigans (rejected entries etc. etc.)
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:14pm   #16

Joined Mar 2004
Drawdown is an important factor to consider when dealing with automation. Nothing over 20% for me. Preferably under 10%.
Peace & prosperity to all.
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote