The most profitable trading system

This is a discussion on The most profitable trading system within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by Quantt We have to agree to disagree on that one: I believe the more money are trading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:50pm   #73
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
We have to agree to disagree on that one:

I believe the more money are trading one system the less defective it becomes and eventually it is going to stop working, that's why a lot of the successful hedge funds are closed to new capital.

I even believe that people should not share non working systems either, why save the time of your competitors (and we are all competitors in this game called the stock market), let them test and waste time as well...

All that said, I am yet to see one good working system shared on the internet or in a book...

Surely you can't seriously be putting forward that multiple successful private retail traders have all independently invented developed multiple unique systems that must be kept secret because the "industry" would destroy their edge if they found out about them?

Lack of logic here surely?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:05pm   #74

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Surely you can't seriously be putting forward that multiple successful private retail traders have all independently invented developed multiple unique systems that must be kept secret because the "industry" would destroy their edge if they found out about them?

Lack of logic here surely?
Absolutely, of course you are free to post your best system and all the research you have put into it...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:53am   #75

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Absolutely, of course you are free to post your best system and all the research you have put into it...
I find that making the system generally available seems to water it down as if the bigger players are betting against it.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:44pm   #76

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
I find that making the system generally available seems to water it down as if the bigger players are betting against it.
Yes, exactly what I meant, basically if a lot of people (money) are chasing the same system, you'll know exactly where people are buying (support) and were they are selling (resistance) and you can just front run it a little and then someone will come along and do it a little more and in the end the system is going to be arbitraged away... That's why you cannot find a good system and have to develop it yourself...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote