Bedtime Trader

This is a discussion on Bedtime Trader within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Hi I'm fairly new to this site and still finding my way around. I have searched diligently [I think] but ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:33pm   #1
Joined Jan 2013
Unhappy Bedtime Trader

Hi
I'm fairly new to this site and still finding my way around. I have searched diligently [I think] but cannot find any trace of a system, Bedtime Trader, being marketed through a publication Forex Round-Up. It involves trading at the close of US markets, by pre-programmed software analysis.
Anyone any info/experience of it please?

Last edited by Fermboy; Mar 18, 2013 at 10:34pm. Reason: Omiited name of system
Fermboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 7:50am   #2
Joined Oct 2008
Re: Bedtime Trader

I was looking around for a review of this too - I found both the following useful (but neither have yet convinced me to purchase):

Bedtime Trader Review - Kevin and Janet Greenhall | Systems For Traders

Bedtime Trader Review | More Money Review - Annoyingly you have to register to read the review here

If anyone has bought this would appreciate any feedback here as I do like "Set time" systems (lazy yup!)
wilczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:09am   #3
Joined Jan 2013

Fermboy started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilczek View Post
I was looking around for a review of this too - I found both the following useful (but neither have yet convinced me to purchase):

Bedtime Trader Review - Kevin and Janet Greenhall | Systems For Traders

Bedtime Trader Review | More Money Review - Annoyingly you have to register to read the review here

If anyone has bought this would appreciate any feedback here as I do like "Set time" systems (lazy yup!)
Thanks for this reply - most helpful. I read the 'Systems for Traders' review but not the second one as I could not be bothered to register....hence the search for an easy, automatic system!! I thought the review not all that impressive. I think it was written March this year which is a bit surprising. According to the publicity I received from Agora Lifestyles the package comes with software on a provided USB which I assume provides something like the 'indicator' developed and referred to in the review. I look forward to some comment from actual 'users'
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:38am   #4
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermboy View Post
Thanks for this reply - most helpful. I read the 'Systems for Traders' review but not the second one as I could not be bothered to register....hence the search for an easy, automatic system!! I thought the review not all that impressive. I think it was written March this year which is a bit surprising. According to the publicity I received from Agora Lifestyles the package comes with software on a provided USB which I assume provides something like the 'indicator' developed and referred to in the review. I look forward to some comment from actual 'users'
With my tactful hat on, I'll just say this:
System sellers primary MO is to sell systems.
If it works for more than 6-12 months I would be massively surprised.
There is no easy option.

Do yourself a favour.
Learn to trade yourself and understand the process yourself.
That is crucial.
Then and only then, you may or may not be in a position to code
something yourself.
No it isn't easy, you may well be better off forgetting automation altogether.
There is no easy option.

I can guarantee you 2 things though:
1. No one will sell anything that works, they would make more trading it themselves.
2. I know you don't want to hear what I've just said.
Liquid validity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:10am   #5
Joined Oct 2008

You are welcome - My understanding is that when it was originally released it didn't come with the USB plugin and now it does - Anyway like you said - Any actual long term users comment would be good!
wilczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:13pm   #6
Joined Jan 2013

Fermboy started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid validity View Post
There is no easy option.

Do yourself a favour.
That is crucial.
something yourself.
There is no easy option.

1. No one will sell anything that works, they would make more trading it themselves.
I totally accept what you say about 'automated' systems, but otherwise in my research I am currently testing out, Mark Austin's Footsie Magnet trading system, Excelsior which is an associated system applied to the Dow Index, and ForexJohn. I can honestly say that all three systems are making me money. At the moment whilst trialling the systems I am working on minimum stakes or thereabouts, probably until the end of this month. If the good results continue I shall increase my stakes to make better money. I would also add that Forex John aka My easy Forex Signals puts in an awful lot of work, offers Set and Forget which are a bit conservative, and live trades also based on very in depth analysis which with my inexperience I am having difficulty getting to grips with. John Piper is also launching a new gap=based trading system on the Dax which looks interesting. I am casting my net wide as they say.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 7:00pm   #7

Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid validity View Post
There is no easy option.

Do yourself a favour.
That is crucial.
something yourself.
There is no easy option.

You give sound advice but you will not stop these guys seeking "systems" that give money for little effort. Sadly, they will learn the hard way that the only "system" is the one you devise yourself. But thats trading -you have the feeders (successful traders) and the food; losers like these guys.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Liquid validity