TheRumpledOne is now coding FREE indicators for MT4

This is a discussion on TheRumpledOne is now coding FREE indicators for MT4 within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by JTrader For me, this type of indicator will be of even less use than most normal indicators. ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 21, 2008, 5:24pm   #46
 
TheRumpledOne's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrader View Post
For me, this type of indicator will be of even less use than most normal indicators.
The reason being that while most normal indicators are of very little use when it comes to trading profitably, at least most normal indicators display the indicator history so that you can at least manually back-test it and see how poorly it performed.
With this type of RADARSCREEN indicator, there will be no data history of the indicator on the chart to look back through, to see how well it did/did not perform. It will just be a series of changing & possibly confusing arrows.
It looks nice, but i suspect it will be of little practical value. And also, it will also depend on what indicators/functions you choose to use witthin this template.
I certainly wouldn't pay for it.
jTrader:

People were skeptical of the HORSELESS CARRIAGE, too.

History doesn't make you money, trading in the moment does.

I agree, the DIGITAL COMPASS DOES NOT SHOW HISTORY... that's not what it was designed for.

What is does show is what the indicator(s) you choose to display are doing on 8 different timeframes... you can interpret information quickly without flipping through 8 charts. Using this can keep you out of losing trades, and keep you in winning traders longer.

But I am sure your methods and tools are more than adequate for you.
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 7:24pm   #47
Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post
jTrader:

People were skeptical of the HORSELESS CARRIAGE, too.

History doesn't make you money, trading in the moment does.

I agree, the DIGITAL COMPASS DOES NOT SHOW HISTORY... that's not what it was designed for.

What is does show is what the indicator(s) you choose to display are doing on 8 different timeframes... you can interpret information quickly without flipping through 8 charts. Using this can keep you out of losing trades, and keep you in winning traders longer.

But I am sure your methods and tools are more than adequate for you.


guys im too still skeptical of tro's buyzone and tro as a person but i gotta say so far it's doing ok..................im thinking of making a thread and posting my results over the long term to actually see if this is for real or not............i went to tro's room in paltalk and the guys there are too doing good and it really is a good room, maybe some of you guys could join in too and come to the room as i really think there could be a good viable strategy in the buyzone, maybe we really don't need all this complicated **** in trading, maybe it really could be this simple, think about how random markets are, why can't a random system like this work any less than another, also we are just using price alone without indicators, and we are basing all this on statistics that price will move from the zone, and it does, it's just finding the framework and rules to profit from this.


come to the room, cos i too wanna know if this **** is for real and more opinions the better as far as im concerned.

and then if it really does work for people over the long haul, we can sing tro's praises which will be well deserved.


jason
jayjay121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 4:07am   #48
 
TheRumpledOne's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay121 View Post
guys im too still skeptical of tro's buyzone and tro as a person but i gotta say so far it's doing ok..................im thinking of making a thread and posting my results over the long term to actually see if this is for real or not............i went to tro's room in paltalk and the guys there are too doing good and it really is a good room, maybe some of you guys could join in too and come to the room as i really think there could be a good viable strategy in the buyzone, maybe we really don't need all this complicated **** in trading, maybe it really could be this simple, think about how random markets are, why can't a random system like this work any less than another, also we are just using price alone without indicators, and we are basing all this on statistics that price will move from the zone, and it does, it's just finding the framework and rules to profit from this.


come to the room, cos i too wanna know if this **** is for real and more opinions the better as far as im concerned.

and then if it really does work for people over the long haul, we can sing tro's praises which will be well deserved.


jason
The Buy Zone is NOT a RANDOM SYSTEM at all!!!

It has defined entries and stop loss.

The only discretionary part is when you take profit.
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:51am   #49
 
TheRumpledOne's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread Here's a chart showing many of my FREE MT4 indicators.
Attached Thumbnails
freeinds001.gif  
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:59pm   #50
 
TheRumpledOne's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread My latest MT4 indicator plots an indicator's values from 8 different time frames in real time.
Attached Thumbnails
__show.plot_02.gif  
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:56pm   #51
Joined Mar 2005
pm: " THE INDICATORS ARE NOT FOR SALE.
The TRO Buy Zone for Dummies and TRO DIGITAL COMPASS INDICATORS
are sent, as a thank you, to people who have made a donation.
If you like, you can make a donation in my PayPal account:
therumpledone@gmail.com Donations have ranged from $50 to $1,000
Thank you for your support. - Avery aka TheRumpledOne "

you really should change your handle to 'Horton the Huckster'

your infantile insistence that you don't sell indicators would be laughable excepting
it comes from someone who's middle aged
as you point out, unlike you, shareware vendors provide their programs for free
THEN ask for a donation, as well as the many vendors who provide free/lite versions
of the software they sell without asking for money
TraderZine had the right idea by banning you before you got started, however it
appears whoever runs T2W supports your marketing on this site unlike EliteTrader
who dumped your thread last week

I don't know what I should have sour grapes about, I've no objection to your selling
eye-candy to people who can't tell whether the Price is going up or down or how to
trade it, I object to you marketing your products — as many others have done —
without declaring you're a vendor

attached:
'TradeZone' Clayburg's method of trading the open
'pips' analysis of pips per hr of some pairs; NB these amounts may have changed
'mkt hrs' diagrams currency to timezone; NB currencies are traded 24hrs a day
'DayOpen 2' MT4 indicator that draws a horizontal line from the Day's Open
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TradeZone.pdf (717.1 KB, 1659 views)
File Type: pdf pips.pdf (270.4 KB, 1020 views)
File Type: pdf mkt hrs.pdf (63.5 KB, 842 views)
File Type: mq4 DayOpen 2.mq4 (2.4 KB, 859 views)
Trdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wasp , dbphoenix , JTrader
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:39am   #52
 
TheRumpledOne's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trdr View Post
pm: " THE INDICATORS ARE NOT FOR SALE.
The TRO Buy Zone for Dummies and TRO DIGITAL COMPASS INDICATORS
are sent, as a thank you, to people who have made a donation.
If you like, you can make a donation in my PayPal account:
therumpledone@gmail.com Donations have ranged from $50 to $1,000
Thank you for your support. - Avery aka TheRumpledOne "

you really should change your handle to 'Horton the Huckster'

your infantile insistence that you don't sell indicators would be laughable excepting
it comes from someone who's middle aged
as you point out, unlike you, shareware vendors provide their programs for free
THEN ask for a donation, as well as the many vendors who provide free/lite versions
of the software they sell without asking for money
TraderZine had the right idea by banning you before you got started, however it
appears whoever runs T2W supports your marketing on this site unlike EliteTrader
who dumped your thread last week

I don't know what I should have sour grapes about, I've no objection to your selling
eye-candy to people who can't tell whether the Price is going up or down or how to
trade it, I object to you marketing your products — as many others have done —
without declaring you're a vendor

attached:
'TradeZone' Clayburg's method of trading the open
'pips' analysis of pips per hr of some pairs; NB these amounts may have changed
'mkt hrs' diagrams currency to timezone; NB currencies are traded 24hrs a day
'DayOpen 2' MT4 indicator that draws a horizontal line from the Day's Open

Who cares?

What's the big deal?

The people who make donations are happy.

I am happy.

What's your problem?

What is the reason SOME PEOPLE find it necessary to stick their nose in other people's business, give an opinion when one wasn't asked for, and/or tell someone else how they should live their life or conduct their business?

No one has a gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy anything or make donations. It is up to the individual to decide for themselves. So why don't you guys just get on with your lives and quit bothering the rest of us.

Perhaps you get some perverse pleasure out of this. Did you pull the wings off of flies when you were younger? Perhaps you still do!!

By the way, thanks for uploading the docs and code. Perhaps there is hope for you!
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 2:11am   #53
 
barjon's Avatar
Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post

Who cares?

What's the big deal?

The people who make donations are happy.

I am happy.

!
er, T2W cares RumpledOne.

Since you accept that you receive donations for the "free" indicators you supply then that is sufficient to consider you a vendor in accordance with T2W guidelines. Please register as such.

jon
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 2:30pm   #54
 
TheRumpledOne's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
er, T2W cares RumpledOne.

Since you accept that you receive donations for the "free" indicators you supply then that is sufficient to consider you a vendor in accordance with T2W guidelines. Please register as such.

jon

Ok, I updated my profile.

Now, can we focus on trading instead of donations.
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:19pm   #55
Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post
Ok, I updated my profile.

Now, can we focus on trading instead of donations.
RumpledOne do you turn existing MQL indicators into NinjaTrader Indicators?
There could be more than donations in it for you.
Thanks
Dr_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2008, 4:43am   #56
 
TheRumpledOne's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
TheRumpledOne started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jones View Post
RumpledOne do you turn existing MQL indicators into NinjaTrader Indicators?
There could be more than donations in it for you.
Thanks
I just started MT4 in December... NinjaTrader is just going to have to wait...LOL!
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2008, 7:38am   #57
Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post
I just started MT4 in December... NinjaTrader is just going to have to wait...LOL!
Your lazy and a slacker if you cant see the similarities in the code then retire now.
Its the same code dude just Ninja has a different way of displaying it.
Dr_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wasp
Old Jan 26, 2008, 9:54am   #58
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
er, T2W cares RumpledOne.

Since you accept that you receive donations for the "free" indicators you supply then that is sufficient to consider you a vendor in accordance with T2W guidelines. Please register as such.

jon
Jon,

A certain member was threatened with being banned if he continued to mention or make any references at all to a particular elite club. Yet you allow 'TheRumpledOne' to operate here with impunity. A 'donation' is a voluntary gift made to charities or organisations with a worthwhile cause. If 'TheRumpledOne' is not a registered charity or does not openly disclose his 'cause' then he should be forced to diplay a software vendor icon and be forbidden to use the word 'Donation'.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:00pm   #59
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
The member he who must not be named was warned on several occasions not to openly advertise his site that he was gatekeeper of, leaving aside the large "donation" for the "elite" section of the s club. I don't see any similarities here with TRO, who incidently has a vendor badge and I believe warned on the word "donation"

If Lord Voldemort hadn't peddled his site with such gusto he would still be on these boards now and that's for sure.

Now I think is a good time to allow TRO to have his thread back

Lightning
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2008, 3:02pm   #60
 
rols's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
The member he who must not be named was warned on several occasions not to openly advertise his site that he was gatekeeper of, leaving aside the large "donation" for the "elite" section of the s club. I don't see any similarities here with TRO, who incidently has a vendor badge and I believe warned on the word "donation"

If Lord Voldemort hadn't peddled his site with such gusto he would still be on these boards now and that's for sure.

Now I think is a good time to allow TRO to have his thread back

Lightning
Yeah let's stop TRO bashing. I think his talents are worth appreciating even though his approach maybe a little covert.

We're all trying to make a dishonest living aren't we?

Now the rumpled one has been rumbled, so what? You can't knock him for trying...

This poppy chopping is a nasty British affliction IMO

If someone makes dosh from using his indicators then why shouldn't they show their appreciation? I quite understand him not wanting to officially charge for stuff and all the hassle that brings. There again, anyone who has learned to code knows the amount of time it takes, why should it be free? It's a skill isn't it? Just because he's not fixing your leaky ballcock doesn't make him any less eligible for renumeration does it?

TRO has actually posted a lot of free indicators all over forex factory and forex tsd and I'm sure has encouraged non programmers to get their feet wet on building their own indicators etc. Incidentally Metatrader has recently posted some very good tutorials available through the library section of MT4 and on the site and amongst other things shows how to make the blocks and meters TRO uses.

Good weekend all.
__________________
The future ain’t what it used to be. Yogi Berra.

Last edited by rols; Jan 26, 2008 at 3:34pm.
rols is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MT4 Indicators 2008 formerly known as (Christmas Box)(is it a tank) counter_violent Trading Software 8 Jan 16, 2008 11:29pm
new site for trading online, data free, indicators free and fee tsxela Educational Resources 0 Nov 9, 2007 10:39am
MT4 - MQL4 Free tutorial forex_lover Forex 1 Dec 7, 2005 5:11pm
Metastock Coding Problem z482493 Trading Software 0 May 26, 2005 4:31pm
PnF coding issue GreyingSurfer Indices 22 Mar 7, 2003 9:02pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)