Star Trader - MCI technologies

This is a discussion on Star Trader - MCI technologies within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Has any one bought this soft ware??...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:18pm   #1

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Star Trader - MCI technologies

Has any one bought this soft ware??
Veronica Harriso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:23pm   #2

Joined Mar 2003
Veronica,

There were an number of threads concerning this company that had to be deleted because their lawyers didn't like the sound of what their ex- and prospective customers had to say about them and so they started to brandish a big stick at Trade2Win.

This is the only one I can find that is left.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-software/12464-mci-star-trader.html

However I can safely say that the consensus was to avoid this company and their products like the plague.
frugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:34pm   #3

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Veronica Harriso started this thread Thank you - I believe you have save me some grief. I have been considering Trend Signel - Do you know anything about them - I am a novice trader.

Regards
Veronica Harriso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:45pm   #4

Joined Feb 2005
I had some sales guy from MCI who claimed not to be a sales guy trying extremely hard to sell me this product... super high pressure sales techniques, made me think of some of these boiler rooms that phone me up from time to time.

Obviously I was never going to buy anything but I was bored at the time and let him play his sales patter out and even give me an online demo of the product. Suffice to say it looked like an amateur with a crayon had knocked together a crude charting package in VB and created some sort of traffic light effect for when several different indicators line up. The idea being when they are all green you buy a stock, blah blah blah.

They made some ludicrous claims about its accuracy and at the end of the presentation i tightened the thumbscrews on the credibility of their "backtesting" and how they could even make such claims without any statements to back them up.

Additionally there were no money back guarantees and no trial periods.

Draw your own conclusions.

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Veronica Harriso
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:23am   #5
Joined Jan 2006
I hate to admit it but I bought the star trader program many years ago when it was called The Blue Chip Trader. It has taken me these many years to recover from the cost of that program and be in a position to trade again!

IT IS UTTER CRAP!!! Do not buy it.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:01am   #6
Joined Jun 2004
Bargepole

I had dealings with them a few years ago...their glossy and vacuous sales "literature" should be enough to put anyone off
Pippppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:41am   #7
Joined Dec 2003
Yes, I agree with Pipp the sales brochure should make anyone want to puke.

Veronica, if you do buy it (or any other software that is marketed like MCI) don't go crying to anyone when your 'dreams' turn into nightmares because we all warned you.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote