New Version Ichimoku Charts

This is a discussion on New Version Ichimoku Charts within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Great article thanks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 20, 2004, 6:20pm   #22
Joined Jan 2004
Great article thanks
GruntnoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 1:56pm   #23
Joined Jan 2004
Nildes started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambuck
A link for S & C article by Ken Muranaka.....

http://www.forex-books.com/articles/techan/ichimoku.pdf
Nice article.
I'm beginning to get to grips with these.

N.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:22pm   #24
Joined Jan 2004
Nildes started this thread Just to clarify on the Updata charts:

Red line is the Ichimoku Turning line and you can vary the parameters on this.
Blue line is the Standard Line
The Black lines are Span 1 and Span two but its a pity they didn't distinguish between them!
Green Line is the Lagging Span.

You can get all these by opening the price display window onto the chart!

I'm currenly experimenting with setting the span at the proportions of the optimised moving averages
Regards

N.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:27pm   #25
Joined Jan 2004
i hope the new manual clarifies this. I think the individual spans are not important. what is important is that they make up the Kumo. I am using fib numbers 8 21 have also tried 8 13 but everything i read says don't change them. I love new toys.
GruntnoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:47pm   #26

Joined Jan 2003
Chart as it appears in Metastock...All lines lines can be changed to colour and thickness of choice...
Attached Thumbnails
ichimoku-chart.png  

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:02pm   #27
Joined Aug 2004
There's a discussion going on in another place about how to "approximate" the clouds without having the software to do it "properly". It's been suggested that they are approximately represented by the area between a 24-period EMA right-shifted by 24 periods and a 48-period EMA right-shifted 48 periods. These figures may be derived from original Ichimoku parameters laid down in the 1970's when the Japanese markets also traded on Saturdays, i.e. on the basis of a 6-day week. In which case they should now be taken as a 20-period EMA right-shifted by 20 periods and a 40-period EMA right-shifted by 40 periods, perhaps? Does anyone here have enough understanding of the "clouds" to have a view on this?
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:09pm   #28

Joined Jan 2003
I have read the similar things about clouds (kumo) settings and japanese market timings...

From what i have read, the challenge is to how can one use these charts in modern trading world....like forex etc....

Where is this other place??...is there a link....

Perhpas someone can post a chart to explain the thought process...

I hope Updata users don't mind me posting MS charts here, as the real discussion is about ichomoku and not software used....

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote