my journal 2

This is a discussion on my journal 2 within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by travis I'm glad at least I did something good. Let me know how you're doing and what ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:17pm   #226
Joined Feb 2010
re: my journal 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I'm glad at least I did something good.

Let me know how you're doing and what difficulties you're finding, if any. Also, let me know your advice and ideas on what works.
difficulties? yeh, knowing whether a big move in price in forex is just a short term bump or a change in fundamentals . Learning and applying economics into forex trading (trend trading dailies) is a difficulty to me as well. Advice, honestly trend trading in any market is nice, like say on forex/stocks or something, when 200/50/20 are crossed over buy pullbacks to the 50, here is an example on eurusd H4 i went short on today, trend and pullbacks

please demo this, i have not yet live traded money so i don;t want any guilt lol
Attached Thumbnails
travis-trend.jpg  
FXTrend240 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:21pm   #227
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:24pm   #228
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXTrend240 View Post
difficulties? yeh, knowing whether a big move in price in forex is just a short term bump or a change in fundamentals . Learning and applying economics into forex trading (trend trading dailies) is a difficulty to me as well. Advice, honestly trend trading in any market is nice, like say on forex/stocks or something, when 200/50/20 are crossed over buy pullbacks to the 50, here is an example on eurusd H4 i went short on today, trend and pullbacks

please demo this, i have not yet live traded money so i don;t want any guilt lol
Don't worry. I never follow anyone advice, especially if they tell me it works. I like to do things by myself. I was actually asking you about the chart game. How you're doing, what works... and so on. That's a universal game, because the parameters are the same for everyone of us, so we can compare results and learn from one another. Forex and the other things are different and vary from broker to instruments used to timeframe... it's hard to have a common reference, whereas the chart game is the same for everyone.
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:25pm   #229
Joined Feb 2010
re: my journal 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Don't worry. I never follow anyone advice, especially if they tell me it works. I like to do things by myself. I was actually asking you about the chart game. How you're doing, what works... and so on. That's a universal game, because the parameters are the same for everyone of us, so we can compare results and learn from one another. Forex and the other things are different and vary from broker to instruments used to timeframe... it's hard to have a common reference, whereas the chart game is the same for everyone.
chartgame, id like to be able to scale out , buying pullbacks to Emas when there are higher highs and lows seems to work on it.
FXTrend240 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:26pm   #230
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:29pm   #231
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXTrend240 View Post
chartgame, id like to be able to scale out , buying pullbacks to Emas when there are higher highs and lows seems to work on it.
Thanks for the info. I like to play it without indicators of any kind. My big problem is that a loss totally throws me off. If I feel I am a master, I play well. As soon as I lose once, I feel awful and tend to get out of control. Just like in real trading. Also, after 100 daily trades on it, I am worn out.
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:35pm   #232
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread I will try to do a few of these every day, while respecting stoplosses. I can't achieve it anyway, without respecting a stoploss. Or rather, it takes me more time so it doesn't make sense to do it. It'd be better to get from 10k to 100k, because I cannot achieve it without using a stoploss. This would take me hours though so I don't know how to do it every day. Actually no... wait... it would only take me three times as long as this one: unless I incur a huge loss because of a failed stoploss and then I have to restart, but that should not be the case, otherwise it means I am doing it all wrong.

snap1.jpg

Ok, I'll keep on going from here, and now bring 20k to 40k, then 40k to 100k.
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:40pm   #233
Joined Feb 2010
re: my journal 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I will try to do a few of these every day, while respecting stoplosses. I can't achieve it anyway, without respecting a stoploss. Or rather, it takes me more time so it doesn't make sense to do it. It'd be better to get from 10k to 100k, because I cannot achieve it without using a stoploss. This would take me hours though so I don't know how to do it every day. Actually no... wait... it would only take me three times as long as this one: unless I incur a huge loss because of a failed stoploss and then I have to restart, but that should not be the case, otherwise it means I am doing it all wrong.

Attachment 75726

Ok, I'll keep on going from here, and now bring 20k to 40k, then 40k to 100k.
im gonna try 10 stocks let's go !
FXTrend240 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:41pm   #234
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:42pm   #235
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXTrend240 View Post
im gonna try 10 stocks let's go !
Ok, let's see. Let me know how good you are at respecting your stoplosses. Do you ever fail to respect them and blow out your account? I do it several times a day.
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:53pm   #236
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread Ok, there we go again: risked it once, risked it twice... it happened and it wiped me out.

snap1.jpg

I just never seem to learn, in real trading as in simulation. Story of my life: 9 wins and 1 loss that blows out my account. It's been happening for the last few years, with real money. Something must be wrong in my mind. I can't be... maybe it's hubris. Challenging the gods. Wanting to be like them and never failing. And I get punished by the gods. I'll try again and again, to get from 10k to 100k, until i'll finally fix this ****ing hubris of mine.

Last edited by Yamato; Feb 9, 2010 at 11:04pm.
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:35pm   #237
 
Yamato's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

Yamato started this thread hopeless... I am a gambling maniac... kept gambling until i lost too big to continue... not fun at all.

snap1.jpg

I might have to do automated trading for life. I should consider myself lucky if I manage to make money with that at least. It's hopeless. I should just keep on paper trading for the next few years, just in case I learn to use the stoploss, by accident.
Yamato is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:59pm   #238
Joined Feb 2010
re: my journal 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
hopeless... I am a gambling maniac... kept gambling until i lost too big to continue... not fun at all.

Attachment 75730

I might have to do automated trading for life. I should consider myself lucky if I manage to make money with that at least. It's hopeless. I should just keep on paper trading for the next few years, just in case I learn to use the stoploss, by accident.
same dude, was up 33% and then ...well..you know
FXTrend240 is offline  
Thanks! The following members like this post: Yamato
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:02am   #239
moe
 
moe's Avatar
Joined Mar 2005
re: my journal 2

don't give up the fight
moe is offline  
Thanks! The following members like this post: Yamato
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:00am   #240
 
DionysusToast's Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
re: my journal 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXTrend240 View Post
same dude, was up 33% and then ...well..you know
It is indeed an addictive game!
__________________
The proof of the pudding is whether there is actually any pudding in the first place.
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor  
Thanks! The following members like this post: Yamato
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
say hello to my little journal gozinsky Trading Journals 13 Sep 27, 2011 9:37pm
my journal Yamato Trading Journals 2334 Jan 18, 2010 12:57pm
The EA Journal! Victor90 Trading Journals 1 Oct 28, 2008 12:47am

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/85510-my-journal-2-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Science Forum - why Standard deviation is better than Avarage Deviation This thread Refback May 22, 2010 2:34am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)