Amplify Trading-my journey

This is a discussion on Amplify Trading-my journey within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Pat494 I suppose they are really just creaming off - the best for themselves and the rest ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:49am   #257
Joined Jun 2011
Re: Amplify Trading-my journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
I suppose they are really just creaming off - the best for themselves and the rest ...
or am I being too sceptical ?
I think being sceptical is healthier than having a belief that your trading career is sorted when you complete training.

Here is some food for thought - when you start at Amplify you just pay the training fees and get going. What about signing a piece of paper that says exactly what training they will give you and what you should expect by the end of training? There is none of that. So no rules 'set in stone' and the ball is 100% in Amplify's court. I don't know if Amplify signs contracts with successful traders who stay on to trade company money?! Maybe traderboi can clear this up.
fastshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:11pm   #258

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastshadow View Post
I ended up with Amplify instead. Finished their internship program, then stayed on for a month in hope to secure a career with them and left at the end of the extra month as I was getting nothing but uncertainty out of these guys.
Hi fastshadow thanks for your reply.
When did you start Aug or Sept?
tradenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:35pm   #259
Joined Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradenick View Post
Hi fastshadow thanks for your reply.
When did you start Aug or Sept?
Early 2011, don't want to Spell out the month to maintain some anonymity.
Never know who's lurking here xD
fastshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:43pm   #260
Joined Dec 2011

guys, be careful when reading what is written on these pages. Alot of the profiles are fake, and are set up just to bad mouth competitors. Do your own due dilegence.

PBoyles, who is always on this site slating every firm out there, and seems like he hates the model of paying for training, actually went on a course with amplify trading a while back. the fact he seems to think all companies providing this training are rip-offs would suggest this has something to do with his time at amplify, so you would assume that he would be writing negative comments on their thread as well as other threads, but if you take a look he has never written anything on their thread. he has just been caught out on another thread which i have posted the link to below, so have a read before you take anything pboyles says seriously. maybe he is still working with amplify??

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...trading-3.html

alot of other people on here are the same, but this is an example about one guy being caught out. so dont trust whatever is written here by whoever. Pboyles's comments (or lack of about amplify) made a friend join amplify and is seriously peed off. make sure you are not someone whose decision is swayed by someones comments on here! do your own due diligence!
mlpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:47pm   #261
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpro View Post
guys, be careful when reading what is written on these pages. Alot of the profiles are fake, and are set up just to bad mouth competitors. Do your own due dilegence.

PBoyles, who is always on this site slating every firm out there, and seems like he hates the model of paying for training, actually went on a course with amplify trading a while back. the fact he seems to think all companies providing this training are rip-offs would suggest this has something to do with his time at amplify, so you would assume that he would be writing negative comments on their thread as well as other threads, but if you take a look he has never written anything on their thread. he has just been caught out on another thread which i have posted the link to below, so have a read before you take anything pboyles says seriously. maybe he is still working with amplify??

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...trading-3.html

alot of other people on here are the same, but this is an example about one guy being caught out. so dont trust whatever is written here by whoever. Pboyles's comments (or lack of about amplify) made a friend join amplify and is seriously peed off. make sure you are not someone whose decision is swayed by someones comments on here! do your own due diligence!
I really didnt know I had that sort of influence, so any organisation that I havnt exposed is by default recommended by me? Perhaps your friend should have asked me first. I would have told him not to bother.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:02pm   #262
Joined Oct 2006

Clearly your 'friend' didnt do as much research as you thought. Didnt he read my comments from March 2011.

"There's going to be a few angry people when they read that. Let me put it this way. Do not pay a company for training, any company, whether that is LGI or any of their competitors. Whilst you may learn something they will not turn you into a successful trader and you will not walk into a trading job."

Now do you still think I work for a training company?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...tments-42.html
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:24pm   #263
Joined Dec 2011

the point being, that you have never written anything negative about amplify on their own forum. surely if someone wants to join amplify they would not look at other forums. as per your last comment, i am not sure if you are affiliated with them now, but it certainly seems like you have been affiliated with them in the past as you have never written anything negative about them, and they are the only ones you have had experience with. Or maybe you are still affiliated with them, and have written these comments as your cover has been blown, and will lead everything you have ever written into question.
mlpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:33pm   #264
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpro View Post
the point being, that you have never written anything negative about amplify on their own forum. surely if someone wants to join amplify they would not look at other forums. as per your last comment, i am not sure if you are affiliated with them now, but it certainly seems like you have been affiliated with them in the past as you have never written anything negative about them, and they are the only ones you have had experience with. Or maybe you are still affiliated with them, and have written these comments as your cover has been blown, and will lead everything you have ever written into question.

Do you think if I was affiliated with them I would be telling people not to pay them for training? I mean its very clear from what I said in March 2011 that I would not recommend paying for training from any company. Do you know what 'any' means?