Amplify Trading-my journey

This is a discussion on Amplify Trading-my journey within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; I am not a competitor you can be assured of that but I have been on a lot of these ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:12am   #391
Joined Mar 2014
I am not a competitor you can be assured of that but I have been on a lot of these courses and I know a lot about these comapnies.

I am trying to prevent gullible people from parting with their hard earned wonga !!

Dont EVER pay ANYONE (any company, any individual mentor, any social networking group) to teach you trading for all they teach you can learn yourself for free with enough hunger and enthusiasm. Having stuff put in context for you is a sign of weakness. Youre lazy to make the effort and put in the time.

Good luck to you anyway!
GameBoyTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:47pm   #392
Joined Jun 2011
While you have companies house providing free access to accounts take a look at Amplify accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06798566

Now where is all the money they allegedly trade?
fastshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: GameBoyTrader
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:58pm   #393

Joined May 2014
I'm not affiliated in anyway, but merely wish to point out it's not so easy as buying a set of company accounts and then assuming you know exactly the financial make-up of any such business.

I would imagine it would be foolhardy to have all traders trading from the same account, each trader would have a separate account (through a Ltd company & possibly with Amplify as a shareholder) so good luck to you tracking each of those entities down...
f2calv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:48pm   #394
Joined Mar 2015
why not just spend the couple grand on a live account..........the best training there is
dgtrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: lawrence-lugar , GameBoyTrader , Pat494
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:08am   #395
Joined Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2calv View Post
I'm not affiliated in anyway, but merely wish to point out it's not so easy as buying a set of company accounts and then assuming you know exactly the financial make-up of any such business.

I would imagine it would be foolhardy to have all traders trading from the same account, each trader would have a separate account (through a Ltd company & possibly with Amplify as a shareholder) so good luck to you tracking each of those entities down...
Why would you have separate accounts through separate ltd companies????

They're saying they trade there own money and their traders and their traders trade that money too.

You normally see Capital Reserved For Trading in accounts. See reputable prop house accounts like Optiver. There is none of that for Amplify. All they have is fixed assets (computers, desks most likely) and debtors...... = no trading

User xtra-der said

"As for the article they clearly got things mixed-up. I have been in their office and all desks are used for the trainees which rotate every month, they haven't got room for any permanent people other than the mentors."

I think you can put 2 and 2 together at this point can you not?
fastshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:18am   #396

Joined May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastshadow View Post
Why would you have separate accounts through separate ltd companies????
To limit their liability when one of the traders messes up and loses a packet which won't then bring the whole business to its knees.

Obviously if they are dodgy or not I have no idea, I'm just saying that one set of company accounts don't hold the full story.
f2calv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:00pm   #397

1 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
I've seen a lot of comments on both sides. I was at Amplify for quite a while and I'm preparing my diary and I will post soon, probably end of next week with what I think are the pros and cons and the real situation. Yes, this is my first post, no that doesn't mean I'm an Amplify employee who's going to spit propoganda
Funditech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:02pm   #398

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funditech View Post
I've seen a lot of comments on both sides. I was at Amplify for quite a while and I'm preparing my diary and I will post soon, probably end of next week with what I think are the pros and cons and the real situation. Yes, this is my first post, no that doesn't mean I'm an Amplify employee who's going to spit propoganda
I am looking fwd to your diary entries. Literally sitting on the edge of my seat.
rsvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: f2calv
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:03pm   #399
Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
So the real situation is either too good (so your making money trading and cant be bothered to post because you r rich) or too bad (maybe you joined the 99.9999999% of Amplify graduates doomed not to progress in trading and cant be bothered to post because your ashamed)

Orrrrrrrrrrr did you believe and get scared by that libel lawsuit they keep threatening everyone with for posting negative stuff?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:53pm   #400

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Quote:
So? The edge of my seat is getting worn out mate.
rsvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:01pm   #401

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoyTrader View Post
So the real situation is either too good (so your making money trading and cant be bothered to post because you r rich) or too bad (maybe you joined the 99.9999999% of Amplify graduates doomed not to progress in trading and cant be bothered to post because your ashamed)

Orrrrrrrrrrr did you believe and get scared by that libel lawsuit they keep threatening everyone with for posting negative stuff?
Well ?
I will give him a bit more time and then assume the worst should he " no-show" !
I am surprised Amplify don't or can't post here to explain things ?
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:25pm   #402
Joined Jan 2015
I guarantee anyone who is thinking of joining Amplify trading that you are wasting your time and money.
They are NOT full time Traders, how could they be if they are ''Teaching '' to trade.
Trading is a full time Job and takes years of hard work, with NO guarantee of success, there is no way in a million years someone can learn to trade in 3 months. maybe 3 years if you have a strong determine mind and discipline.
If you think you are interested in them simply ask for 6 months of trade records and make sure they are legitimate.
Dn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:24am   #403
Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Well ?
I will give him a bit more time and then assume the worst should he " no-show" !
I am surprised Amplify don't or can't post here to explain things ?
And he just vanished into thin air didnt he Pat?
We assume the worst then shall we?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:04am   #404

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoyTrader View Post
And he just vanished into thin air didnt he Pat?
We assume the worst then shall we?
I suppose so
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote